Sweetie Cupboard - The Next Episode

Openairbud

Hello and welcome everyone to my grow diary entry in this years sweet seeds competition. 

Before starting I would like to say big thanks to the Sweet Seeds team for hosting this awesome competition once again, aswell as Joolz and uk420 :yinyang:

I have just this week finished my new cupboard build. It has slightly more space in the flower chamber, plus room for a veg area/ drying box. Extraction fan is now situated inside also making my grow even more stealthy than before.

large.20201212_125900_copy_2322x3096.jpg

large.20210116_222049_copy_2012x2683.jpg

Its maiden grow will be of 2 Sweet Seeds auto varieties, Cream Caramel and Black Jack. I have never grown or tried either, but have longed to try out Cream Caramel since I first found this site, and consequently, Sweet Seeds :). Black Jack sounds a good match, swinging slightly to the sativa side, complimenting the indica leaning CC. 

I soaked 1 seed of each last night in warm tap water, and tonight plonked them in pre watered compost. The BJ seed had sunk the egg cup of water, the CC had not.

Heres the pair starting off.. 

large.20210117_215158_copy_2012x1509.jpg

I've covered the prop otherwise it gets too hot in there and would cook the seeds. 

large.20210117_215756_copy_2012x1509.jpg

large.20210117_215809_copy_2012x2683.jpg

I've set the heat mat thermometer to 24 degrees c, and the temp inside the prop hits about 26. The light needs to be on to keep the ambient temperature up, it's about 18 in the prop otherwise. 

These being autos I will be aiming to pot up once, at around 10 days, and then once established in their final pots (6.5litre) at 21 days they will get pulled over to keep the plants flat and wide. That's the plan anyway, In reality anything could happen! :smokin:

They will be fed by hand using lukewarm tap water and biobizz fishmix and bloom, with the occasional drop of seaweed, and ecothrive charge and some mycorrhizal fungi granules at pot up. 

That's about it for now, I'll update further when there is life! 

The very best of luck to everyone!! 

:yinyang:

• Like 18

Nice new set up mate, looks great and well organised.

Good to see you in the comp, best of luck  :yep: 

You just reminded me again that I still need to order one of those auto extinguishers.

• Like 2

Good choice of strains. Both are classics in the sweet seeds auto collection and Black jack auto was the first auto i actually enjoyed.  Good luck with the comp! :v:

• Like 4

Thank for the kind words everyone :)

I will try to get round to everyones diary at some point soon! 

I have had to adjust the settings already, apologies but I think there will be a bit of this, what with it being the first run in a new environment. 

It wasnt working quite right with the light on, I felt there was a lot of wasted energy and ambient temperature inside the prop was creeping a bit high (28). 

I have switched the light off, and extraction fan, and plonked another tube heater next to the prop. I'll leave it like this till they show their heads. 

• Like 4

Well Black Jack is up, but Cream Caramel is still not showing (the one that didnt sink after a soak). I know this isn't supposed to make much difference to viability, but I've got a bit nervous and plopped another seed in water just incase :cowboy:

• Like 6

Good luck on the grow man. Love the cannabinet. To be fair though, the cabinet looks too nice to turn into a cannabinet. I just have an image of David Dickinson looking it over “Provably from the 70’s, wonderful workmanship”, then opening it up “wait!!! he’s growing weed!!!!!”

nice job on it though mate, well kitted out in there.

• Like 5

Very true @Punta Roja I normally sow more than I need for my garden, theres always something go wrong lol

@Whatwentwrong  cannabinet lol great name. And yea I couldn't believe it when I saw it sitting out the back. Bundled it straight into my car! Its solid 1/2" thick hard wood all round. DD would blow his orange top if he saw 4" holes hacked out the back lol

Well I was premature chucking an extra seed in, the first CC has risen, helmet still on. Looks like I'll be doing 2 Cream Caramels and a BlackJack now! 

• Like 6

Temperature is a constant 26-27c, I'm really happy with how the cab is holding temperature by having incoming air flow over the light towards the seedlings. 

Cream Caramel (#1)has now shed her helmet and is standing upright. 

Day 2

large.20210123_132224_copy_2683x2012.jpg

I'm leaving the prop lid in place, but raised on a couple of lengths of wood. Another couple of days and I'll remove it altogether. large.20210123_132057_copy_2683x2012.jpg

I'm keeping the pots moist with tap water from a bottle kept in the drobe. 

With any luck these 2 will be due a pot on this time next week. :yinyang:

• Like 8

Hi openairbud!

One more year here... I hope there will continue to be luck! :hippy:

I like the good use you are making of the Sweet Seeds bag.:clown:

Good luck!

Apolo

• Like 3

Thanks for looking in @Sweet Seeds Apolo and @Ccs141! I dont think I could get away with using it as a bag, not out of the house anyhow! 

Day 6 

I'm making minor daily changes to the extraction fan speed to allow for the changing temperature of the incoming air. Humidity is very low, something I always experience in winter at the start of a grow. If I warm my incoming air will that help increase my rh? I'm considering a tube heater in the space above (soon to be a veg area).

CC#2 is up and trying to catch her older sisters, I will pot this one on to a 3 litre pot as a bonus couple of buds. The other 2 will be transplanted into 6.5litre square pots at the weekend all being well. 

The babies

large.20210127_203954_copy_2559x3412.jpg

they seem a bit stretchy, and I have been lowering the light to try combat it. I will bury that stem when I pot up. large.20210127_203805_copy_2683x2012.jpg

my nutes and some pots, washed ready for the weekend! large.20210127_204335_copy_2559x1919.jpg

:cheers:

• Like 7