Sat at 17c and 40% humidity

superfruit

I have this lot cut and hung last night and im wondering if I should turn the humidifier on to bring RH to 50% ish? It was 45% earlier and its dropped to 40%. 4" RVK running at 50%

Small 6" oscillating fan pointing away from buds.

large.20210101_205102_resize_66_compress52.jpg

Popped in and taken a chair as I need to see the answers to this as preparation for my drying in about 2 weeks.

Too quick = straw

Too slow = rot

That “drying line” is a pretty sight :yinyang:

• Like 2

After not doing it recently (oops) I'd place the rh meter as close to the buds as you can to get the meter as sensitive to the moisture given off as possible.

Last time I did this properly I had a nice peak at around seventy and then a gradual decline. I should have had similar this time but the RH meter was further away and reading nearer the 'tent RH' which is relatively insensitive (other things being equal.)

Nice harvest :) should be fine if your drying temps are OK.

• Like 2

Waste of leccy imo. Not to mention risking your hard work and efforts. I personally wouldn't. Those buds are swole though good job!

• Like 2

Thanks all, turned the extraction right down and turned off the oscillating fan. 

Repositioned thermometer to the middle of the buds.

Temp 18c rh 44%

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Budelaire said:

60ºf & 60%rh is my sweet spot.

18ºc & 44% gonna be a quick one!

Adjusted and sitting around 16c and 57%rh

• Like 3

Thanks @NezA things have stabilised to 16.5-17c and 56% humidity. Buds smell ace. Its really hard sitting on idle hands. Everyone seems to have their own drying recipes much like many aspects of growing haha

4" RVK running at roughly 50%, very slow extraction.

I have those 58rh boveda packs ready to go! 

Edited by superfruit
  • Like 1

Day 5 of drying and the thinnest popcorn branches already close to finished, though these will be finding their way into edibles. The thicker branches are still very bendy but the flowers/sugar leaves etc are definitely drying, albeit moist sticky flower when pressing. Easily a number of days left on the main stuff.

Bumping the HR up a little to 62% and running at 15c at the moment. The learning never stops..! Put all of this down to 1st grow experience. I'm paranoid these are going to dry too fast but it probably is just first grow nerves. 

Next time I'm growing two and hanging them whole or having more confidence to slow things down a little more closer to the rot danger zone haha

Edited by superfruit

Just now, Phoenix said:

Good effort with the human resources team mate.  Not everybody can afford hired help.

;)

Haha arrrrrgh bollocks. A mistake easily made the morning after an AK48 infused coma :bong:

8 minutes ago, superfruit said:

Haha arrrrrgh bollocks. A mistake easily made the morning after an AK48 infused coma :bong:

Enjoy!

• Like 1

7 days in and the thinner branches are snapping, but not falling apart. The thicker branches are a mixture of snap and bend.
Seems the buds are quite dry and dried a bit airy in places but it is what it is on my first grow. 

Going to pop the lot into brown paper bags tonight for a few days ahead of the trim/jar.

p.s. been sitting at around 62% RH and 15-16c

Edited by superfruit