Fruit machine

Luca

1 hour ago, Green_bhoy said:

Only autos I have done are sweet seed varieties.

I'd recommend:

- Mohan Ram

- Jack47

- Cream Caramel

- Sweet trainwreck 

Just done the Sweet seeds Zenzation photoperiod. Over the moon with it. Excellent buds and lovely taste. Would recommend. Giving me the absolute munchies. I'm going to be a fat fucker after xmas. 

Xmass will be punishing on all of us with all the food :-) 

thank you for the info I will give them a go 

On 22/12/2020 at 9:39 PM, Raoul said:

to be honest I thought rock res was a pgr.  

Me too mate, but they swear blind its not and they sell it in cali and oregen which have the strictist regulation on this sort of thing. But theres no mistaking "that look", I remember once sticking my head in a bucket of bud that came from a cutting I gave to the lad, my first question to him was "what did you use in flower?"

Rock res.

I'm still not at the bottom of what I think is in it, but heres some food for thought: It smells exactly the same as Rox flower enhancer, and cex headmasta - like a weird apple cider vinegar, and they all claim "organic acids" - but Rox flower enhancer says "organic acids & PGRS"  where as Rocks and Headmasta swear blind its nor PGR. 

• Like 4

Sorry folks, a bit late to the party here.  Or should I say a bit early!  I used supersthrive circa 2002.  Is superthrive a p.g.r?  Or was it a p.g.r. in 2002?  I had no idea!  I remember it claiming that it was just some exotic blend of good shit! :wallbash:  

• Like 1

Just now, Phoenix said:

Sorry folks, a bit late to the party here.  Or should I say a bit early!  I used supersthrive circa 2002.  Is superthrive a p.g.r?  Or was it a p.g.r. in 2002?  I had no idea!  I remember it claiming that it was just some exotic blend of good shit! :wallbash:  

Its seaweed and vitamin b12 IIRC - people stopped using it because vitamin B12 is as good as useless to plants and there are far cheaper seaweed alternatives. It was very very popular up until about 2010 - 2012 and it fast dropped out of favor. At one point I bet I sold atleast 1 bottle of superthrive a day, I'd be pushed to sell one once a year now. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

Its seaweed and vitamin b12 IIRC - people stopped using it because vitamin B12 is as good as useless to plants and there are far cheaper seaweed alternatives. It was very very popular up until about 2010 - 2012 and it fast dropped out of favor. At one point I bet I sold atleast 1 bottle of superthrive a day, I'd be pushed to sell one once a year now. 

Aye, I acquired a  bottle with my first hydro growing package.  That bundle of goodies was a bargain when I think back.  Proper long lasting kit.  There was a little bottle of superthrive in there.  Great smell to it.  I felt the plants missed it a bit after I ran out!  Was using atami nutes at the time (came with the bundle).  I added to my atami a & b and got a few of the atami supps.  Like root stim etc.  Dont even know if they are still around.  It wasnt as much about cash back then I feel.  Does formulex even still exist?  

Was clonex developed for canna?  If so it's done well as it's now the only gel in my local garden centre!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

Me too mate, but they swear blind its not and they sell it in cali and oregen which have the strictist regulation on this sort of thing. But theres no mistaking "that look", I remember once sticking my head in a bucket of bud that came from a cutting I gave to the lad, my first question to him was "what did you use in flower?"

Rock res.

I'm still not at the bottom of what I think is in it, but heres some food for thought: It smells exactly the same as Rox flower enhancer, and cex headmasta - like a weird apple cider vinegar, and they all claim "organic acids" - but Rox flower enhancer says "organic acids & PGRS"  where as Rocks and Headmasta swear blind its nor PGR. 

Its my understanding that rock resinator might have contained PGRs in the early days (unless people are getting confused with Rox) , if it did it no longer does, I looked in to it 2 years ago and me and the hydro shop dude looked in to it, in the EU market all PGR products state "only for use on ornamental plants" on the back of the label, if you smell rock resinator nowadays it smells like serious cheesy sweaty arse and the label says phosphorus, potasaium and organic and amino acids, so as of at least 2 years ago rock resinator doesnt contain PGRs. If it contained PGRs it must say on the label for sale in the EU.

In no way am i condoning using rock resinator as its £25 for 250ml and it made virtualy no noticable difference on my plants (clones) side by side.

The way i look at it rock res gives me P and K, base nutes also provide me with P and K, so unless my plants are difficient in P and K why the fuck would i add more P and K ???

Edited by LA LUNA
  • Like 1

@LA LUNA the weeks they recomend feeding pk 13/14 or pgrs is the period of time I probably water the most.  It's my watering sweet spot.  But I dont necessarily feed a lot.  I do top dress prior to flowering and sometimes once during.  It's at the four to five week mark I like to see them drink and I encourage it.  This time around I'm just on maxi crop seaweed, Epsom if needed, chempak calcium if needed,  and a touch of organic neurdoff tomato feed at 1/4 strength.  And I do use liberal amounts of mycorizae when potting on.  Plants are built from water more than p/k no?

But yes heavy drinking can cause deficiencies.  Prep and simplicity is the key. 

I agree.

Lovely plant above by the way bud.

Happy thingy la Luna.

;)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LA LUNA said:

the label says phosphorus, potasaium and organic and amino acids, so as of at least 2 years ago rock resinator doesnt contain PGRs. If it contained PGRs it must say on the label for sale in the EU.

You're half wrong half right. Eu regs say that products must contain the plant food ingredients on the back, so NPK etc but other stuff they don't have to list as its none plant food ingredients.

a good example are seaweed products, they'll have a list of minute NPK on the back of the bottle but no iodine content or auxin content or anything like that - cos they aren't "plant food"

What they write on the bottles isn't worth reading half the time. Most stuff that just says its got NPK on the bottle ought to be a clear colourless and odourless liquid.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, GSZZ said:

You're half wrong half right. Eu regs say that products must contain the plant food ingredients on the back, so NPK etc but other stuff they don't have to list as its none plant food ingredients.

a good example are seaweed products, they'll have a list of minute NPK on the back of the bottle but no iodine content or auxin content or anything like that - cos they aren't "plant food"

What they write on the bottles isn't worth reading half the time. Most stuff that just says its got NPK on the bottle ought to be a clear colourless and odourless liquid.

I’ve often wondered why Rox has been sold for so long with what looks like home made labels.  Must be going on for 15 years now and it’s never been pulled from sale.   I’ve never ever seen it on a display tho, it always seems to be under the counter.  I once heard a hydro shop employee telling someone that with Rox the entire weight of the bottle is added to your harvest I.e a kilo.  I couldn’t stop laughing, while the customer was eagerly counting out his hundred squid. 

• Like 2