Another magic butter machine question

Sateeva

I'm really really toying with the idea of buying a magical butter machine but even at £140ish is still seems pretty expensive for me.
I'm not a heavy user although now I've cropped my own (& got a pretty decent supply for me)  I'm starting to vape nightly but I'm still at a stage where I get pretty stoned pretty quickly so pretty much a lightweight really although I'm now managing to sleep at night now! 
I'm not sure if edibles could be too strong though & I never use the machine again? I've never tried edibles & the thought of having 'too much' & having to rough it out for hours doesn't appeal to me that much really. 
My question is can you get the medicinal value from our 'herbs' if you don't decarboxylate it? Does the butter machine slightly decarb the 'herb' as its infusing somewhat anyway even if its not as much?
So basically is it worth it?

13 minutes ago, Sateeva said:

My question is can you get the medicinal value from our 'herbs' if you don't decarboxylate it?

Unless you’ll be baking your edibles before consumption, it is necessary to use an oven to heat the plant material and release the activated THC and CBD.

When you decarb weed for edibles, you also reduce the risk of botulism. When you don’t go through the process correctly, botulinum bacteria can quickly grow in things like cannabutter and canna-oil.

• Like 3

You do need to decarb before using the machine (or so it says anyway).

Is the machine worth the money? I'd say it's worth double but I do like to get completely battered. The thing with it is you can pretty much know what to expect once you've done some trials. This is the fun bit!!!! Once you know what weed does what and what dose to have it's plain sailing.

I absolutely love mine :wub:

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Exhale said:

Unless you’ll be baking your edibles before consumption, it is necessary to use an oven to heat the plant material and release the activated THC and CBD.

When you decarb weed for edibles, you also reduce the risk of botulism. When you don’t go through the process correctly, botulinum bacteria can quickly grow in things like cannabutter and canna-oil.

Is CBD only released during decarbing too? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sateeva said:

Is CBD only released during decarbing too? 

At a lower temp of 110C(230F) 30-60mins reading online.

Can't really help you on that front though, I've just bought a magical butter machine and only grow THC strains.

It's a very good system minimal mess and easy to use, has a better temp control than the slow/multi cookers I was looking at. As it was an early xmas present I asked the missus to get me the full kit for £200 I thought it was very reasonable it's a well built unit.

If you're worried about it being strong then start at the lowest end of the recommended amounts or even half that and see how it goes everyone reacts differently.

• Like 1

Just try a small dose and build your way up. I did 2 tbls of the olive oil first time, now I know not to do that. I only have one now lol 

Edited by KC
only typed half the message
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, Sateeva said:

I'm really really toying with the idea of buying a magical butter machine but even at £140ish is still seems pretty expensive for me.
I'm not a heavy user although now I've cropped my own (& got a pretty decent supply for me)  I'm starting to vape nightly but I'm still at a stage where I get pretty stoned pretty quickly so pretty much a lightweight really although I'm now managing to sleep at night now! 
I'm not sure if edibles could be too strong though & I never use the machine again? I've never tried edibles & the thought of having 'too much' & having to rough it out for hours doesn't appeal to me that much really. 
My question is can you get the medicinal value from our 'herbs' if you don't decarboxylate it? Does the butter machine slightly decarb the 'herb' as its infusing somewhat anyway even if its not as much?
So basically is it worth it?

Let me know how your getting on with this please, I'm thinking of buying one myself to use with the trim, I have an arizer extreme q and u can vape your bud store it till you have enough then just throw the bud in as it's decarbed already but Im thinking this just for trim use maybe I know they sell a decard tray for the machine tho

• Like 1

On 02/12/2020 at 0:37 PM, Sateeva said:

I'm not sure if edibles could be too strong though & I never use the machine again?

Why not try it the old-fashioned way to begin with? An oven bag, a ten quid oven thermometer, a cafitere, a pan, a stick of butter and a bit of muslin and you are good to go.

Get some decent small digital scales and you can make your biscuits an even size to get your preferred dose dialled in.

I shifted entirely to edibles earlier this year and its been a great decision for me, wish I'd done it years ago.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Tony K said:

wish I'd done it years ago

I've been pondering why it's taken me 27years before I realised I've been consuming cannabis all wrong.

Better late than never eh :jester:

• Like 2

I just got one from the river on sale via Prime. £131 through the door !   I think that's a bargain.

BB

:yinyang:

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Exhale said:

@Blighty_Buds enjoy! I'm using my infused coconut oil to make brownies tomorrow :yep: 

I love the fact i no longer have to stand next to the cooker for hours on end to make oil.  At £131 i couldn't say no.......

BB

:smokin:

• Like 2

@Exhale You tried the coconut oil ye?. I've not got around to that yet in the machine, my last one on the hob was shit (not enough weed I think)  

Edited by KC
don't forget the lecithin
  • Like 1