LED strip build. 4x2

Stevenn420

XLG drivers can make a noise when dimmed low. Nothing to worry about.

Have you checked everything is correct with a multimeter?

• Like 2

Will this go away when I turn the lights up? Still need to get a dimmer first. I emailed you. 

Unfortunately I don't own a multi meter mate and wouldn't know where to put the probes for correct reading for that matter.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stevenn420 said:

Will this go away when I turn the lights up? Still need to get a dimmer first. I emailed you. 

Unfortunately I don't own a multi meter mate and wouldn't know where to put the probes for correct reading for that matter.

Bump the email ill send you a dimmer and multimeter as i have plenty and a few basic vids. Very easy to use.

• Like 5

@diyleduk appreciate this pal :yep:

I'll get it bumped up now. I mean I've used on on an alternator before but that's about it. 

Appreciate the help from everyone, couldn't of finished this without some of the lads on here. 

Well since I have spare wagos, wires, heatsink tape etc...think I am going to try and build another small low powered mother/clone light and carry it on in this thread. I will keep this one for veg and use my quantum's for flower, that will be me using LEDs across the board. 

Will include more photos of installing the grommets and wiring the power supply etc to finish of this build once they arrive. Thanks for looking 

• Like 8

Here's a list of parts for my next build..going by what DIYled said you should always start with the wattage so I'm going to choose 150w to go into 0.9m x 0.6m tent. As I said this will be a mother/clone tent, I did want to go even lower with 100w light but that driver is more expensive than the 150w one plus il be able to dim it regardless.

I'm going to use aluminium flat bar this time as I can get it from Screwfix across the road from me and that comes in at £13.98 for 2 x 2000 x 20 x 2mm lengths.

Unequal angle 15mm x 15mm - £6.39

XLG - 150 - H - AB - £ 27.53

12 x Samsung ‎SI-B8R08128CWW 5000k strips - £23 . 90

Those strips seems very cheap ATM for Samsung so I think they could be better than the bridgelux, who knows? 

Would this just be straight forward as the last ones when it comes to the wiring? Wire the first 6 strips in a group and then the next 6? Not sure if it works like that. Thanks for looking

• Like 3

I have quickly pinched the dimmer off my quantum board and connected it to the strip light.

However it stills seems to make a very high pitched noise throughout the whole range when dimming. 

• Like 1

UPDATE: Have spoke with Adam and have sent him a video of the noise and he has had one like this before and it was a faulty driver....only me, we will get there in the end. Contacting digikey now to get a refund hopefully. Thanks for looking

• Like 2

BTW the original circuit diagram I put up was correct. The way op had wired this was all parallel that's why the driver was noisy. I only repost this for others looking in so that they can see the difference. Looks like op got it sorted though.

large.series-parallel.png

• Like 2

Glad you posted that mate was going to in time. Yes the wrong diagram was posted but nothing was lost just a learning curve. Since I now have a spare driver for nothing I'm going to doing another build thread since I know what I am doing now and hopefully more detailed for anyone wishing to follow, sorry. Thanks

• Like 3