LED strip build. 4x2

Stevenn420

Don't worry about colours mines all white. Connect all neg in a batch and and all positive after that. CPC will work out cheaper if you buy a real ie about 12 quid. If you need a link pm me and i will find it for you.

Toke...

• Like 5

Couldn't make it up. I've missed one of the U channels off lol:wallbash:

Now we have a 15 strip light I don't even know if it will work now. I have all the other parts. Would I just wire a group of 8 and a group of 7 now? @diyleduk instead of 2 groups of 8 

• Like 3

@diyled thankyou

Still stuck on what plug to use for the driver wether it matters or not I'm not sure but I have one at hand however it doesn't have an earth wire? Just a live and neutral..anyone shed any light on this please? 

the driver should have  the normal 3 wires to connect to a standard 3 pin plug so wire that side as normal. On the otherside you will have two wires and they are marked on the driver as positive and negative connect the positive wire to a wago connector and then run a length of the wire you used for the leds from the wago to the positive from the leds, then do the same for the negative using another wago connector and run a wire from it to the negative on the leds that should be it sorted.

Toke...

Edited by tokenroll
explained it a little better i hope

I just notice you have an a/b driver so you will have too wires for dimming if i recall. Take a photo off how you have things wired now and post it so we can be sure. Im sure @diyleduk will be able to confirm if it's right or wrong also.

• Like 1

Yeah please don't confuse me anymore anyone lollol missing strips the lot here. 

Anyways I have drilled two holes either side of the strips this is where the wires will run through. 

large.IMG_20201130_170755_copy_3024x1701.jpg

I have used 2 " L" brackets connected to the aluminium U channels to mount the driver, pretty straight forward.

Right onto the actual wiring as far as I know everything is correct and ready to go just need to add a power supply plug. 

large.IMG_20201130_170507_copy_3024x1701.jpg

Brown  = +

Blue = -

As far as I know this is correct? I connected the first 8 strips from a wago which was connected to the positive of the driver and then ran another wire from the first wago at the driver and connected all the other 7 strips. This was for the blue wire (negative).

Then I pretty much repeated what I done for the other side but connected them to the positive this time. Doing 1 group of 8 and then 1 group of 7. Hope you can understand. Thanks for looking 

• Like 1

But I mean here mate if you can see anything I've done wrong deffo point it out by no means should I be near any electrics really lol

Edited by Stevenn420
  • Like 3

looking fine plug it in a see if it goes bang now.

Looking at it on the phone here while sitting in a&e getting my thumb glued back together, playing with stanley was not a good idea this evening lol. Fuckit at least i got all the pvc cladding cut for the cab hehe.

Toke...

• Like 6