Mathiaus

So am normally used to reserva private, but fancied a change this time , read a lot of things about humbolt. So though would give em a go. First of germination was excellent. Dropped four. 2 lingerie ams 1 707 headband and 1 Amherst sour diesel. All popped. Issues with the Amherst not wanting to straighten her neck for a week. Had huge tap root with her before even anything was visible on top. Other 3 were up and in lights. That did initially slow her start to life. Also she's had very blotchy leaves all the way thru whereas the others are looking er big,  green and very healthy.. anyways my quandrie is this. Seems the 707 is showing balls before pistels and yet there all female seeds. Going to be a little wounded if I have to lose her. And she is huge.so gonna get get a diary started and see how the balls progress. But still disappointed in the 707.

Double check your environment.

Max/min temps?

Light tight?

Cold draughty intake?

Photos along with more info will help us to give advice :yep:

:yinyang:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well. Sadly lost the 707. Riddled In bollocks. Just pleased it weren't the lingeries. As for temps/humidity etc. All are pretty spot on. Humidity seems a around the 45%to50% lights on/off. Temps are a stable 76f and drops to about 70 lights off. Res temp is good. Aeration of said res is good. Ph is nicely balanced and has been from day one. Other than the natural daylie swings that is. I'll try to post some up here assuming I can Remember the AATR of doing it. Personally I'm putting it down to one those things that happens sometimes with fem seeds. I guess with a name like humbolt, you kinda expect your chances of hermied to be really low. Maybe they are normally and this is seriously just an unlucky beam. But If it was an enviro issue then the other 3 would more than likely have shown some sort of signs too. But there very healthy.

Yeah she/he was culled weekend ago. Figured if she it were showing balls on each branch nodes. Mid flower will be a pure pollen fest

• 4 months later...

Hey @Mathiaus i know its an old one have not been here a while but i just wanted to say a have never seen a hermie for Hso and i have grown a lot of their stuff.707 and amherst being my fav from them.

buy knowing that Hso might not be around again i actually wish that either my 707 or dinafem cheese am currently growing would go hermie and pollinate each other to open up some cool treasure chest and have some of their seeds to play with.as both plants are amazing.

here is hso 707 and dina cheese starting week 5.both fantastic.707 is on the left.

And @Shumroom thanks for your words in Nugs thread.i will be back!

take care folks

large.IMG_9400.jpg

large.IMG_9396.jpglarge.IMG_9395.JPGlarge.IMG_9394.JPGlarge.IMG_9397.jpg

Edited by ANTHONY13
  • Like 4

When I started reading the OP by the second line I already knew what was coming.

I'm afraid I have to disagree @ANTHONY13 intersex traits are always undesirable. It's the fundamental principle that allows us to enjoy sinsemilla. We are in a tricky spot with Cannabis at the moment where breeders are more and more willing to overlook such a devastating trait in favour of other traits they consider desirable. There are methods that will force a female plant to produce male flowers. However this is very much a short cut. There's also a strong correlation between intersex (hermi) prone offspring and females that are easily reversed.

Breeders breeding with the type of plants that display these traits are not opening a "cool little treasure chest" they're opening Pandora's box. Whether they realise it or not.

We're lucky in the UK we still have a large breeding stock of genetics that haven't been polluted yet. We must tread very carefully if we want to avoid seeing our plant go the way of the Banana. If you don't know what I'm saying research banana breeding and what's happening to banana trees.

Just my 2p

• Like 10

@NezA

i completely understand what you mean man.but am not a breeder:)am just doing this for myself.and am going further.only for experimenting.i plan to do normal breeding of course in the near future with regular seeds.

i decided to try this out in a separate small tent with 1 of each of these clones.i will try to make them hermie if i can and if succeeded i will grow out the seeds for myself only to see how they are.

also a good experiment to see if they grow bananas easily or not.sorry but i gotta try.

• Like 2

I understand but plants that "hermi" should be destroyed and not allowed to pass their genes on because it's a trait that is always undesirable.

If you want to breed 2 females it's important that you select plants that don't hermi easily. You can reverse many females with the use of STS or colloidal silver. I'd implore you to do a bit more reading and research before you try your hand at breeding. The aim of breeding must always be to bring improvement. You won't get that by allowing intersex prone plants to reproduce. The long term repercussions over several generations are really really bad. Eventually the damage will become irreversible.

It's important people understand these things. I whole heartedly support your endeavours just trying to help you see it from a different perspective :yep:

Edited by NezA
  • Like 5

@ANTHONY13

You've not lost your touch brother  :headbang:

Smashing it as usual. Nice to see ;)

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

Edited by Owderb
Quote removed
  • Like 9

23 hours ago, NezA said:

When I started reading the OP by the second line I already knew what was coming.

I'm afraid I have to disagree @ANTHONY13 intersex traits are always undesirable. It's the fundamental principle that allows us to enjoy sinsemilla. We are in a tricky spot with Cannabis at the moment where breeders are more and more willing to overlook such a devastating trait in favour of other traits they consider desirable. There are methods that will force a female plant to produce male flowers. However this is very much a short cut. There's also a strong correlation between intersex (hermi) prone offspring and females that are easily reversed.

Breeders breeding with the type of plants that display these traits are not opening a "cool little treasure chest" they're opening Pandora's box. Whether they realise it or not.

We're lucky in the UK we still have a large breeding stock of genetics that haven't been polluted yet. We must tread very carefully if we want to avoid seeing our plant go the way of the Banana. If you don't know what I'm saying research banana breeding and what's happening to banana trees.

Just my 2p

All the world's bananas are related to a plant bred in the uk.

1 hour ago, catweazle1 said:

All the world's bananas are related to a plant bred in the uk.

All Bramley apple trees are clones of only one tree. I think @NezAmakes a good point though, we need diversity in the gene pool.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SmokeTester said:

All Bramley apple trees are clones of only one tree. I think @NezAmakes a good point though, we need diversity in the gene pool.

No seeds involved?