Sweet Gelato Auto N.F.T

Resonance

My god, they let me enter lol ....

Thankyou Sweetseeds for the free beans, I will get onto the diary now. Good luck all, let the crac begin.

The beans i have on delivery are not the ones i will be growing out, This is mainly due to the following.

So my pal has just been diagnosed with cancer and i need to get some meds in the works pronto.

A lot of head-scratching later i have come up with a 'best as' grow system to maximise the raw material.

I'll be using a 25 pack of Sweet Gelato Auto that have been in storage.

Nft 424 tank for the res.

Small pump feeding into 65mm downpipe, (on a 2inch drop back to the res).

Drilled these with 50mm holes to seat the net pots.

Matting placed inside the downpipe, Folded into 3 and ironed nicely lol

6 inch Carbon filter switched from top to bottom of the groom, (suck the warm air down and pray to keep the grrom temps happy over the colder months).

6 inch Ruck fan.

Passive air intake at top of groom pulling the cold air in and over the hot bulb.

A 100w water heater will be in the res, just incase needed.

I've tested for leaks and all looks good so far.

The lighting is a Sunmaster 600w dual spectrum bulb hanging under a basic reflector, Running off a Lumatek 600w dimmable unit.

Nutrients will be Vitalink A+B Grow and Bloom. plus a little bottle of Ph down if needed.

A few pic's then..*Germination took around 24hrs

large.1.jpglarge.2.jpglarge.3.jpglarge.4.jpglarge.5.jpglarge.7.jpglarge.6.jpglarge.8.jpg

• Like 17

@Resonance

Sorry to hear about your friend... here's hoping for a good result for you and him/her.

25 Autos? Gonna be very interesting to see the evolution of the grow.

Set up looks good.

ATVB mate.

PR

• Like 2

dammit man ..i thought spitting foundation nutes at the plants was classed as nutrient film tech ..

good to see you in this year res ..all the best for a plain sailing kilo per branch grow ..if you need any thrips i can always post some to you ..free of course .

• Like 4

Nice opening post. This could be one interesting diary, for sure. Looks like a good germ rate there. All the best with the grow. The Sweet Gelato is a banging smoke

• Like 3

You selected one of the best auto strain.  I wonder how much variation you will get...  Might get a little crowded, but i also think you will easily hit the gramm/watt with your set up.   Good luck to you and your buddy! :v:

• Like 4

Hi Guys,,Thankyou for the well wishes, much appreciated :yep: As is the info on it being a nice smoke.

A week on since they cracked out of their shell's.

Nothing but plain water running through the system upto now.

Last night saw the first res change though *noted in pic.

Most of them have roots hitting the matting but still, a few left to do so. Maybe a day or two i think.

Res temps are hovering between 24-26c with the inverted air extraction, Looks like i might just keep the girls happy over the cold months.

Lights are and will be on 24/7. This means i wont have to bring in a heater (which i couldn't afford) lol

large.9.jpg

Thanks for looking in,

:hippy:

edit to say, "Yes, 25 auto's in this space is crazy", I do realise this lol . Only being done for the circumstances :yep:

Edited by Resonance
  • Like 11

Ah yeah, well spotted, I forget to put info in sometimes so you've done me a favour there lol .

The Ph is a bit high because i added hot water to the bucket of cold to bring it up to about 22c. This raises the tap water base from Ph7.0 to 7.8.

A buddy is dropping off a 20ltr bucket tomorrow for me. That means i can fill it and leave it next to the groom 24hrs before using it. Plop in the water heater and i should be good to change out the res with the lower ph7.0 base.

Adding a little nutes should bring that down to around ph 6.4 - 6.6.

Then a wee drop of ph down to get to the spot i usually run hydro ph 6.2.

Until this is done on the next res change though i will just ph down this res tomorrow.

Peace:hippy:

• Like 3

Hey @Resonance mate, just had a good look at your setup, I guess I didn’t really know what I was looking at when first seen this, I was thinking you was for setting a big tray on top the off-level bar’s. 
I never seen a hydro setup like yours before, with the water Res inside the tent an those growing bar’s. Interesting setup man. I’m liking that. 
Hope all goes well for you with this grow, an for your mate. 
Quite a few numbers your going with, but I’m sure you’ll manage them, just nip off any longer growing lowers (if you can do this with auto’s, I’ve no idea) an should leave you the space you need. 

Good luck with grow an interesting system mate. :yep:

• Like 2

whats this ..week 2 ? ...should be harvesting in a fortnite with this techy grow stuff shouldnt you? ..looking good as ever chap .

• Like 2