groasis waterboxx......the answer for our dry summers??

DutchFox

4 minutes ago, DutchFox said:

good for you

We had a wet autumn too so my monsters that did so well in the summer time rotted away..:mellow:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

And over the reed bed for purification.....

Preaching to the converted.

I dont need a plastic box to do permaculture outside and it is by no way a new or exciting subject.

.new here but....im in the game longer..im not into permaculture....and wont be converted.....just looking for better ways to get a better and bigger harvest......in the climate which is getting more and more extreme....

this boxx has little to do with permaculture.....its a help to get your primary root to goo deeper where the water is......also if put on a well prep hole.

but yes this boxx is new....never seen anything like it in fora like this...

37 minutes ago, Dr feelgood said:

We had a wet autumn too so my monsters that did so well in the summer time rotted away..:mellow:

here it started raining about 25 september....till medio oktober....yes a bummer....and oktober had a very below average number of sun hours...25% less as normal.....it pissed here 100 mm in just 4 days....but harversted in the last week of oktober the last fv plants.....still got some diafem cheese xxl auto out...with lill rot.....just looking how far i can go...its sunny for days to come here...and dry...

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 1

was digging into this waterboxx system today......

just found out that this dutch guy.......combined 2 systems....basically....a water bucket with a wick.......and the talya/water system from israel....:)...clever....

°°°°°°°°°°°

DSC01234-2-1024x576.jpg

How it works

Tal-Ya trays provide a number of benefits which together create a “personal greenhouse” for each tree or plant, leading to accelerated growth and faster time to market.

Following is the list of the product’s attributes and benefits:

• The tray’s structure focuses water and fertilizer to the root, creating a savings of at least 50% in water consumption and 30% in fertilizer consumption.
  • The tray does not allow sunlight through, so it prevents weeds from growing under the tray around the tree.  This saves organic farmers on manpower to remove weeds, or on the cost of herbicide (and makes for healthier produce).
  • The tray traps air underneath it, which provides insulation and temperature control, protecting the tree in extreme cold and hot temperatures.
  • The top of the tray includes UV which reflects sunlight.  This both protects the tray and reflects sunlight up into the leaves on the underside of the tree (leaves which do not usually receive sunlight), enabling photosynthesis to occur there and accelerating the growth of the tree.
  • Water is constantly evaporating from the earth.  The tray traps this moisture and leads it to trickle back to the root of the tree, making the earth under the tree constantly moist, ideal conditions for growth.

http://www.tal-ya.com/

Edited by DutchFox

Skip to the last three seconds to be

A. Enlightened. (Triggered)

B.  Able to save three minutes of your life.

Your welcome.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Skip to the last three seconds to be

A. Enlightened. (Triggered)

B.  Able to save three minutes of your life.

Your welcome.

:)my english is not very good...but i assume its a saying or a joke....:)

here we have a saying :...he... who walks behind the crowd......is walking in the shit from others....:)

did you solve your capilary problem?

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/338191-capillary-actionwicks/

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, DutchFox said:

:)my english is not very good...but i assume its a saying or a joke....:)

here we have a saying :...he... who walks behind the crowd......is walking in the shit from others....:)

did you solve your capilary problem?

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/338191-capillary-actionwicks/

Touche!  Very clever.  Love it.

Good call bud.

• Like 1

a vid about the tal-ya system.........

the condensation works on the difference between day and night temperature....

Edited by DutchFox

so how much water a plant/tree uses per day?

to give an estimate...i found a formula for above 25 degrees c...in summer.

high of the plant in cm   x  wide of the plant in cm   :  1000 = number  of liters water per day

for example plant of 110 cm high and 80 cm wide.....needs 8800:1000 = 8.8 liters per day

and 10 cm high x 10 cm wide...needs 0.1 liter per day....approx

so....noway this waterboxx can provide the water needs for plant.........but it keeps the capilary sytem working of the soil under the water box.....

to keep it going...the wick gives only 50 ml al day.....which is 0.050 liter....

we all know....we do not want to water every day....since this makes lazy roots.....and 50 ml a day is just enough to keep the capilary system in de soil working.....and enables the pen root to find the water where it is.....deeper in the soil......

this makes sence i guess?

Edited by DutchFox

21 minutes ago, twigs said:

so is it a plastic (modern) alternative to an organic mulch.? 

i would call it a modern version of an olla...which can fill it self by rain and by condensation based on difference of day and night temperture.

if organic mulch is completely dried out....the music stops....

i would say it works best on a early and well prep organic hole....and it keeps frost away in medio may in our lattitude.

have not tried them myself...but im starting te be a supporter......seeing the potential...

this year there were dry plots i skipped...since it was too dry for a decent start...and proceeded to other plots....as outdoor grower one must be flexible...

Edited by DutchFox

• 2 years later...

they have now an offer on the site 3 for 99 euro...

i will give it a try next spring....i still see the pros of this system... :) 

at end of seison they go in undergroundstore in wood...

gallery_22583_10326_118887.jpg

gallery_22583_10326_28598.jpg

• Like 2