shed of doom is ready to blooom

badbillybob

Nah man, its got osb, felt and profile sheeting, insulated underside between trusses, it'll be fine. 

fired it up the other day to test, but temps only got to 16 with the aircooled hoods.

im waiting for a ballast for the open reflector, which will, hopefully take temps up to around 25/26.

ive been waiting since the 3rd, so getting more than a little bit pissed off now, seeds are in cubes ready to go into the system......

• Like 4

Had an issue or two with a new water pump, it was noisy as fuk, so i went back and dug out the hailea 2000 one, not more than a trickle, but the airstones will make up for that, and the recirculation will always help.

on the plus side, its virtually silent..

waiting for ballast, cmon y a fukrs..send it.....

• Like 5

Mate, I know you know your snizzle but every time I see your filter sitting on the ground I imagine what would happen if you had a bad leak & flooded the place  :eek:

• Like 3

good point, ill get some bricks under it.

its way too big this filter,  but a) i had it and b) i didnt have cash for a 8 inch one, so its getting used.

its a bloody rhino pro tho, ive had a couple of years but didnt fancy using it because of thier bad rep, so i think i better scrape some cash up for when it (inevitably ) leaks whiff. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 19/11/2020 at 9:30 PM, badbillybob said:

good point, ill get some bricks under it.

its way too big this filter,  but a) i had it and b) i didnt have cash for a 8 inch one, so its getting used.

its a bloody rhino pro tho, ive had a couple of years but didnt fancy using it because of thier bad rep, so i think i better scrape some cash up for when it (inevitably ) leaks whiff. 

Cracking shed mate! I'm building a shed from scratch soon, got a few questions if you don't mind......

What insulation have you used? Where does the extract vent to and where do you intake from? And is there much noise you can hear from outside the shed?

• Like 1

the insulation, well i kinda skimped on insulation, as i was skint after buying all the wood to build the shed, i have from the outside- 19mm linings, breather paper, 3 x 2 framework, 19mm osb sheeting. i sealed all internal corners and the floor to wall joint within the room. floors are 22mm or 19 cant remember T&G sheeting..

the intake is from the back of the shed, which is about 2 feet from a large brick wall, the extract is further up the shed, just outside the room, you can see the duct in the video.

if i was doing it again, id deffo insulate it, with either kingspan or accoustic insulation batts. if i had the cash id also net under the floor between the joists and insulate between them too, it would definitely help. duct silencers work quite well too

i can hear the water pump from outside the shed, to about 3-4 metres, (its the loudest thing out of my whole set up), but luckily its far enough away from neighbours. i can hear the fan, when on full pelt to about the same, but its never on full, its usually about 30-50 % so the fan noise isnt an issue in the real world. 

• Like 2

On 24/02/2021 at 10:24 PM, badbillybob said:

the insulation, well i kinda skimped on insulation, as i was skint after buying all the wood to build the shed, i have from the outside- 19mm linings, breather paper, 3 x 2 framework, 19mm osb sheeting. i sealed all internal corners and the floor to wall joint within the room. floors are 22mm or 19 cant remember T&G sheeting..

the intake is from the back of the shed, which is about 2 feet from a large brick wall, the extract is further up the shed, just outside the room, you can see the duct in the video.

if i was doing it again, id deffo insulate it, with either kingspan or accoustic insulation batts. if i had the cash id also net under the floor between the joists and insulate between them too, it would definitely help. duct silencers work quite well too

i can hear the water pump from outside the shed, to about 3-4 metres, (its the loudest thing out of my whole set up), but luckily its far enough away from neighbours. i can hear the fan, when on full pelt to about the same, but its never on full, its usually about 30-50 % so the fan noise isnt an issue in the real world. 

Thanks for the info mate. Do you intake directly from outside or from within the rest of the shed that isn't part of the growroom?

Yeah I'm planning on using 100mm kingspan at a minimum on all the floor, roof and walls. The water butt made the most sound on my previous grow too so I'm thinking of building a box around it lined with 100mm acoustic insulation - but not sure if that'd be effective or if the noise comes more through vibrations throughout the shed?

the intake is from the part of the shed that isnt the room, but ive got an intake vent to outside, and run some duct from this to the room intake.

for my memory i changed these out today, its looking like a shit show on the blue cheese auto front, not good at all, i think i might pull them and keep the cheese xxls going

set to 1.4ec  and ph 5.9