shed of doom is ready to blooom

badbillybob

hello again. Anyone following some of my diaries will have noticed me rabbiting on about my shed build and grow room. 

Well its finally finished and ready to rock out some trees.

i was gonna go with aeroponic system, but after pissing about with pipes all over , trying to get them to sit straight up and down and them sitting any way, BUT up and down, i finally lost the tit, and cut out the connectors.

instead, ive gone with what i know, a mega simple rdwc system, which is basically 6 totes, fed from one pump, via hose, with Y pieces upside down under the pot lid, aiming the nutrients at the surface, and an airstone in each pot, fed from a 60 litre/minute airpump.

ive got 3 air cooled hoods, and one HPS, which might get replaced by a couple of LEDs, time will tell. 

Anyway, enough of listening to me going on blah de blah, trees, blah blah, monster plants....blah blah, great flanges....blah blah...boobs.....etc

Heres the video

• Like 19

yeah, but if i didnt have the aircooled hoods it would be way too hot,  its 4 x 600s, so it would heat the room to about 35 degrees, unless i had a massive extract fan, which i dont. 

Edited by badbillybob

35 degrees is way off, is there a good reason you dont have adiquate extract fan? Anyway your a seasoned grower who knows what your doing. So i will keep a good eye out for your new rarther nice grow room, get filled.

1 hour ago, HippyHair said:

35 degrees is way off, is there a good reason you dont have adiquate extract fan? Anyway your a seasoned grower who knows what your doing. So i will keep a good eye out for your new rarther nice grow room, get filled.

yeah i know its way off, thats what im saying, maybe i should have said that..35  is  what the temps would be if i ran open shades, about 35 degrees if not higher. im hoping for about 26 with the aircooled ones.

. i have a 12 inch filter and its attached to a 8 inch fan, the hoods are cooled by another seperate 8 inch fan off a controller, to keep noise down

i would rather do open reflectors but i had these, i didnt have open reflectors, nor a couple of hundred spare for adjustawings. 

i had the 8 inch fan and 12 filter, but what i didnt have, was the money for a big 12 inch extract fan, so its a compromise. 

Im just using what i have....

A mate of mine has a similar area and hes using 4 aircooleds with a seperate 6 inch fan and filter, so im hoping mine will be a bit quieter with the 8 turned down. he keeps 26 degrees in his room so, in theory it should be ok. 

i will find out next week when i switch the lights on and the fans. 

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 4

Looks well sweet, very similar to mine, I have 3 x air cooled running off a 150mm RVK and a 10" tornado box with Carboair 100 filter and G.A.S hybrid controller. You can pretty much pick your temperature unless it's stupid hot out....even then it's 30 tops even when it's 35 out. Will definitely follow as I'm interested in RDWC but always had perfect results in NFT. I'm sure those are the IKEA totes :D

• Like 1

yes they are ikea ones, i usually use the bigger 60 litre ones, but decided to go with 37 litre ones, because i was planning going aero. 

it should reduce my nutrient bill using the smaller ones, and the last time i used the smaller ones it was fine.

strain, ive no idea yet, havnt decided, but would like to run some of my own breeding crosses in there, just to see if there is any gold amongst them

• Like 4

Its great fun running your own breeding crosses isnt it.

I have made quite a few different crosses this year using autos and they all came out pukka.

• Like 2

Bah fukncuntinbastin pipes, just a minor leak, i ended up cutting out the section of pipe and replacing it, turned out the glue had a void inside the fitting, could see it when it was cut open....could have been worse.....much worse lo. it was left overnight, full of water to check for leaks, before it goes into plant mode, it failed bahlarge.2.JPG

i fired everything on yesterday, couple of other issues, number 1 is the noise from the water pump, it hums like a smelly old tramp. 

the reduction from 25mm to 19 to 13 on top of the pump is the culprit, its choking it to death, so i am gonna move the 19-13 reducer and put it inside the room further away from the pump, just before the first pot droppers, see if that helps any. 

Second issue is the cheapo fan controller im using for the aircooled hood fan, it hums too, so im gonna have to spend more iinvisible cash on another controller. Of course, as normal i sold an unused one about a month ago....just great....

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 7

The fun of Dwc 

Glad you found it quick mate just found a weeping bulkhead at mine  

My Pots have more silicone sealant than plastic now lol

• Like 5

haha, aye i know the feeling..

i also made up a system for my little shed, in case it felt left out, fitted it today, tightened everything up but havnt leak tested it, its Friday the 13thn  innit, it can wait till tomorrow. i decided to use tee fittings under the lid, on the basis the water has to travel out before it travels down, so should be more DO, in theory

ive a couple of pumps i can use, one is a maxijet 1000 and a hailea 2000, but the hailea 2000 runs a bit hot, as the dead seedlings in my diy aeropropogator will testify, so it will probably be the 1000. one airstone per pot fed off a mightly (lol) 10 litre a minute pump. 

large.5.JPGlarge.4.JPG

• Like 7