Best type of scrog?

UnknownUsername

I am wanting to make a scrog net for my 60cm x 40cm ( width x depth). I dont want to make a frame due to the limited space. What is a good DIY scrog method? 

• Like 1

If in a cabinet use small eye hooks screwed into the walls with 3 inch spacings and string it. If a tent just run the string around the four vertical poles and again make the holes 3 inch and string it.

Toke...

• Like 5

check amazon or whatever for Paracord Lanyard Parachute Cord Paracord best string for it, wont stretch or break and thick enough not to eat into the branches.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

check amazon or whatever for Paracord Lanyard Parachute Cord Paracord best string for it, wont stretch or break and thick enough not to eat into the branches.

Cheers mate sounds ideal, how would I go about cutting it? 

• Like 1

I can either get paracord and make it myself or buy some garden trellis netting. Same price but which Would be best?

i preffer a solid mesh grid with 2 inch square holes  for scrogging, saves anything from  moving .

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, tokenroll said:

Is it better to get paracord or garden trellis netting? Both around the same price but won’t it be less awkward getting the netting because its easy to install?

Its all good that you can make your own and ill take my hat off and give your credit fot it but Just a question... why would you want to go to that hassle when you can get a scrog for a fiver and inter hook the corners to the size tent tou want? I even think there's your size available online.

I'm 60x120 and just bought a 1.2 sq and halfed it and job done. 

Now I dont know much about them but aren't they all the same?

• Like 1

Id say use the garden netting for the bottow layer then use the smaller 3" nettng to hold them in place  to stop them falling over when they get heavy 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Ive never really understood why people use scrog nets.

My first grow it got all tangled inside, my 2nd grow it just grew up between the square and was shite 

Now on my 3rd I'm wondering what the purpose of a scrog is... it seems some just use it as support on the branches fir long tall plants to help balance weight.

Me personally I prefer the indica so I want to keep the plant short and fat but realised not to be fooled as not all indicas grow short. 

My last one from dinafem quick kush exploded in stretch and was a good 2ft higher than my other indicas  reading on this I noticed it must've been something to do with grossing it with some afghan plant which had tall genetic...

anyway im still growing that strain but I'm now going to using a metal dog guard to add weight and keep it all flat, it's thats heavy I lift it up and the canopy doesn't rise and keeps everything even. 

Ive 3 different plants under it but think its looking ok 4 day in flower and I plan to remove it after the initial stretch is over 

large.Screenshot_20220513-110510_Gallery.jpglarge.Screenshot_20220513-110437_Gallery.jpg