How many growers supplement CO2

firerabbit212

How many growers supplement CO2  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would love to give it a try but it just ain't logistically viable for me atm.

Maybe "I would but logistics stopping me" should have been a voting option.:yep:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, smokinggolden said:

But if the air cooled lights are on a separate 'air circuit' from the tent/cabinet extraction extraction ie drawing air from the room then exhausting back into the room.

Then you could raise the co2 in the tent and only have the extraction switch on when the temperature or humidity in the tent got too high.

I was thinking about using co2 to get more crop cycles in per year.

Especially if I switch to LED's in my small grow-drobe. 

I struggle with it being too cold in the winter with my 315w CMH and so struggle to get enough fresh air to the plants without them getting too cold.

I have to use the central heating even with lights on!

But not so sure about humidity build up, whether I could get a dehumidifier to deal with that.

couple of points

1. you still need to have to exchange the air in the tent, so it still has to be exhausted out, via a filter, along with your  co2. you need a constant extraction to providde fresh air to the plants and prevent humidity spikes and stunted plant growth.

2. how do you suppose you are going to get more crop cycles  in a year by using co2?

3. if you are struggling to get the temps up using a cmh, changing to LEDS will just make it more difficult, as they run much cooler than cmh

the humidity issues will dissappear most likely, if you up the temperatures in the tent. if you recycle the same air it will make it worse. 

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I have recently got a UNIS regulator. it got through a 10L co2 bottle in 10 days so I have obtained a extech co250 handheld co2 detector. now I can measure the co2 levels in the grow tent and make sure that the unis is only active when it needs to raise the co2, as determined by my experiments and measuring over the next few days.

my concern was to have a closed-loop extraction system in order to not be expelling the co2, while at the same time maintaining negative pressure in the grow tent to deal with the smell. I think ive got a solution - its a 'hybrid closed-loop' - on the outlet of the extraction fan there is a 'Y' connector, one part of the Y goes back into the tent, the other has an adjustable closer on the end (just a piece of cardboard) so I can let most of the air go to the tent, but let a bit out so as to be taking that bit more out than goes back in. ive tested it and it does work. the negative pressure drops but it is there - the tent sides do suck in, just slowly. this way im providing air circulation and scrubbing with the carbon filter.

I'll be back with an update later.

mystic river 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

hey I did follow through with this, I posted about it on here somewhere or t'other, long story short - the 'hybrid closed loop' didn't really work but my CO2 @ canopy is a healthy 1200-1500 PPM all day every day and my tank is turned off. my extraction loops out of the tent and onto the floor and points back at one of the side vents on the tents, both of which are fully open. The extraction is about 800-1000mm away. Its on about 40% power. Im in the room all day and I get a steady high CO2 in here, its just a case of channeling it to the canopy. CO2 measurements taken over 8 hours hung @ canopy level.

mysticriver 

• 2 years later...