How many growers supplement CO2

firerabbit212

How many growers supplement CO2  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Really curious how many of you use some form of CO2 supplementation and what you use.

Very grateful to anybody takes a second to vote.

Thanks a lot!

@firerabbit212 I have unlocked this topic so members can comment and reply as a learning discussion, you set up a simplistic vote only poll and it looks like vested interest research of some sort and of totally no value to our members, we are here to help members with growing cannabis and a free exchange of information, not for trying to extract and collate data about their growing methods for an unknown single user, ie that benefits only you.

• Like 15

CO2 supplementation can work a treat, no miracles mind... but it does work IMO.  

I can say CO2 tabs, mushroom bags and dry ice do not work. Without an absolute shit load (room full - if not more) of any of the three you won't be able to maintain a sufficient PPM of CO2 to make a difference.

You really need a steady supply of CO2, monitors and regulators to keep the PPM sufficient and an air tight space (tents won't work in 90% of cases because they're throw away pieces of shit that will end up choking some sort of sea creature).  

Edited by Nervous
  • Like 4

I used a unis c02 regulator for about 5 years a while back and while it did seem to speed the veg stage up a bit in a small grow room thats constantly ventilated you know your not making the most of it.

I stopped using it as i was sick of picking up bottles for it. 

If you went full on and monitered c02 levels, with a sealed air condition room and maintained the elevated temps at 28-29c it would definitely speed up plant growth but with my little personal grow it was pointless.

I could only see it being worth while if you where cash cropping and every minute and watt of electricity was a concern.......... but thats not why we are here ! 

Edited by LA LUNA
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, oldtimer1 said:

@firerabbit212 I have unlocked this topic so members can comment and reply as a learning discussion, you set up a simplistic vote only poll and it looks like vested interest research of some sort and of totally no value to our members, we are here to help members with growing cannabis and a free exchange of information, not for trying to extract and collate data about their growing methods for an unknown single user, ie that benefits only you.

Sorry didn't mean to make it locked. I am doing research but think that the results of the poll will be interesting for many. Thanks to everyone that's voted

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nervous said:

CO2 supplementation can work a treat, no miracles mind... but it does work IMO.  

I can say CO2 tabs, mushroom bags and dry ice do not work. Without an absolute shit load (room full - if not more) of any of the three you won't be able to maintain a sufficient PPM of CO2 to make a difference.

You really need a steady supply of CO2, monitors and regulators to keep the PPM sufficient and an air tight space (tents won't work in 90% of cases because they're throw away pieces of shit that will end up choking some sort of sea creature).  

Thanks Nervous, that's what I had gathered r.e. mushroom bags and co2 tabs

• Like 1

A method that I have never seen discussed but which has worked well for me is sleeping above the growing space! I built a platform bed with the room underneath and have been monitoring the co2 levels with a meter. In the winter, when I sleep with the windows closed, the CO2 levels hang around 850 which appears to make a considerable difference

42 minutes ago, LA LUNA said:

I used a unis c02 regulator for about 5 years a while back and while it did seem to speed the veg stage up a bit in a small grow room thats constantly ventilated you know your not making the most of it.

I stopped using it as i was sick of picking up bottles for it. 

If you went full on and monitered c02 levels, with a sealed air condition room and maintained the elevated temps at 28-29c it would definitely speed up plant growth but with my little personal grow it was pointless.

I could only see it being worth while if you where cash cropping and every minute and watt of electricity was a concern.......... but thats not why we are here ! 

Thanks Luna, Ive never fancied the idea of lugging co2 bottles about..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, firerabbit212 said:

A method that I have never seen discussed but which has worked well for me is sleeping above the growing space! I built a platform bed with the room underneath and have been monitoring the co2 levels with a meter. In the winter, when I sleep with the windows closed, the CO2 levels hang around 850 which appears to make a considerable difference

lollol 

• Like 1

would have been better with the vote option for "No, it does nothing, unless you are running an air conditioned, sealed  room""

• Like 7

12 hours ago, badbillybob said:

would have been better with the vote option for "No, it does nothing, unless you are running an air conditioned, sealed  room""

Good point but Ive found that air cooled lights get the temperature down enough for most of the year

running air cooled lights wont make any difference, with using co2, its all about air exchange and  keeping the CO2 in the room, rather than it dissappearing out the extract vent

• Like 2

We discussed this in a similar thread where a member was drawing air from his teenagers rooms.  He showed data evidence the CO2 they produced whilst asleep in a room with the door closed was ridiculous....bordering on poisonous. 
The ppm graphs he presented were shocking if correct.
I apologise to the member as my memory isn’t great these days....a search should find the thread.

:skin_up:

• Like 1

On 29/10/2020 at 1:25 PM, firerabbit212 said:

your girl must love you. “Got us a new bed love, just above some of the smelliest plants in the world and an extractor fan”. lol

theres a member on here who uses bottles with sugar water and brewers yeast in to increase co2. 

only issue with the bed thing is that plants don’t use co2 at night, only during the day. so are you sleeping above a fully lit grow.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 02/11/2020 at 10:03 AM, badbillybob said:

running air cooled lights wont make any difference, with using co2, its all about air exchange and  keeping the CO2 in the room, rather than it dissappearing out the extract vent

But if the air cooled lights are on a separate 'air circuit' from the tent/cabinet extraction extraction ie drawing air from the room then exhausting back into the room.

Then you could raise the co2 in the tent and only have the extraction switch on when the temperature or humidity in the tent got too high.

I was thinking about using co2 to get more crop cycles in per year.

Especially if I switch to LED's in my small grow-drobe. 

I struggle with it being too cold in the winter with my 315w CMH and so struggle to get enough fresh air to the plants without them getting too cold.

I have to use the central heating even with lights on!

But not so sure about humidity build up, whether I could get a dehumidifier to deal with that.