run off EC more than half the inflow

Benjayy420

The trick is when people give advise go and check their diaries , if there is no pics or diaries why listen to that advise ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arthur Mix said:

The trick is when people give advise go and check their diaries , if there is no pics or diaries why listen to that advise ?

Thanks but without having to go through page after page after page trying to find the diary you mean how do I find it by clicking on there profile?  I tried and just see comments made on various posts 

I don’t suggest any diary that’s for you to find as you know your space . You click on the user that gave advice then go look at the section that’s posted by them there’s an option for threads started or last posts . I’m sure you have seen diaries in coco with similar set ups , so find that user and look on their profile page . 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Benjayy420 said:

Thanks man iv been feeding around half what canna recommends just cause most folk always say the charts ec values are on the strong end , im going to keep ec at .9 so long as the burn doesn't worsen and if it doesn't il try upping it again, i noticed they were taking a lil longer to dry out after upping the ec so it could be too strong but I'd like to find out either way thanks man

@Benjayy420I was exactly the same to begin with then I got slated on here fir being tight and not following the guide as recommended. It pisses me off at times but accept each person has an opinion but what's right and wrong I dint know. 

I did a lot research into NER and its best to mix the right formula and then dillute ti the ec than reduce the recommended guides 

1 minute ago, Arthur Mix said:

I don’t suggest any diary that’s for you to find as you know your space . You click on the user that gave advice then go look at the section that’s posted by them there’s an option for threads started or last posts . I’m sure you have seen diaries in coco with similar set ups , so find that user and look on their profile page . 

lol sorry but thought you meant I was finding a easy way fir advice than researching answers. 

I followed the guy who grew dinafem blueberry cookie and that was good to see the plants side of growing and the issues he had. 

I love the site and its a wealth of info and always.learning each day and today its been feed ya plants every day and not let them dry out 

If you keep all your issues in your diary you may find more help forthcoming , rather than several posts in threads that you not start , even I thought you started this thread but seems not lol  makes it easier to see what’s happening in your own diary , you can always @ a member to maybe get them to look in also ..

• Like 2

On 26/10/2020 at 6:44 PM, Firstimegrower_420 said:

EC readings..... im putting 1.5 in flower and not fed 4 days and fed last night and runniff 3.5! I give up

You definitely need to feed more often. Coco is not like compost, it should always be wet. When it dries the nutrients turn back into salts in the medium and this causes all sorts of problems.

The plants will take nutrients and water separately at different speeds, this results in the solution in pots becoming imbalanced. Feeding more often with a 10-20% runoff refreshes the solution within the pots and takes it back to the levels you mixed it up at, I would say once a day is a minimum.

I recommend using some sort of automated system with coco. Hand watering does work (I've done it many times myself back in the day) but it's far from ideal and is very labour intensive. Run to waste dripper systems are very easy and cheap to build yourself and are worth their weight in gold.

In regards to measuring run off, I try to catch it directly from one of the pots as the salts in the tray may give inaccurate readings. I also wouldnt use a syringe that is used to dose nutrients as this might throw off the readings too. I use a plastic shot glass myself, and simply hold one of the pots above it when they are feeding

Edited by BushDoctoR
typo
  • Like 2