Anyone used plagron batmix???

Piper.180

Maybe you should focus on finding out where your going wrong mid flower rather then just keep switching soil, as regardless whether using a light mix such as PM or a hotter all-mix, by mid flower its only your bottled inputs that's left in play.

BTW, your not in coco or hydro, its really unnecessary to check/adjust ph.

Edited by Greenls
  • Like 5

@thedemon thanks for the input :yep:

@Greenls yeah your right, I pretty much come to the same conclusion before I see your post. I've ordered the PM soil. I'll try to find out what's going on mid flower and go from there. 

17 minutes ago, cypher79 said:

I used it once and got half my normal yield plus fungus gnats.....wouldn't touch it again with a barge pole.

Looks like I dodged a bullet by not getting it. Thanks for the input :yep:  @cypher79

Not to be a downer on soil but after my last bag of Plagron allmix (the one with perlite and horribly unbroken coco fibres with added twigs, I made the switch to coco with regular daily watering using semi organic nutrients, my plants really exploded and never again did I see deficiencies and over/under watering damage. Loved it so much I converted the mums to coco. 

soil is great for outdoors but for control, it’s coco all the way :yep:

• 2 years later...
On 25/10/2020 at 8:11 PM, cypher79 said:

I used it once and got half my normal yield plus fungus gnats.....wouldn't touch it again with a barge pole.

That's my question answered.

I'll give it a swerve and get some more biobizz light mix,would never have given it a go but it was an accidental purchase and the plants have loved it from start to finish.

• 3 weeks later...

So a couple of weeks ago I had this plant in my veg tent, it was looking very very sorry for itself, mainly due to being underwatered (i do that alot in the veg tent). It was so bad that the compost had reduced by about 30%, so the 6 ltr pot was about 2/3 full from the shrinkage. The plant had gone a bit woody and there was a good few skanky leaves. Instead of chucking her away I decided to pot her up into an 11ltr pot of Playgron Batmix as a tester. She grew out fine, I can't recall if I used a root stim or not now but she was sat on a heat mat and the new growth was fine. I've put her in flower this morning. Today I took a few more vegging plants and potted them up into Batmix too so I'll see how they go too.

I had one plant that's very important to me but that got potted into Canna Pro, I'm not risking that one :fear:

Tropic Bat Mix from a popular on line grow shop, is fantastic stuff. Light and airy with a 60/40 coco/compost mix. No clumps, twigs or Perlite 

I am 5 weeks in veg and have only used Root Stim and a dash of Seaweed and they look great. I used Clover MPC for seedlings and re potted using TBM