Anyone used plagron batmix???

Piper.180

Hi all, I've done a few grows before using biobizz all mix and plant magic soil supreme. I didn't have great success with the all mix and the PM was an improvement but still had problems mid flower (I know this may of been my fault and not the soil) but was looking at plagron batmix and it seems to have a better pH. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I've never tried batmix, the thought of disturbing the poor bats to collect all their shit puts me off. Playgron Royalmix is excellent though, maybe worth a try? I don't like the fact they put perlite in it, but I can't argue with the results. I've noticed playgron have expanded their range with an Allmix now too, maybe worth a look

• Like 1

I just started a sex bud in it and a iced grapefruit, they both look fine. Pretty sure i've done seedlings in it before too and had no bother. 

• Like 1

The Batmix is high in nutes, so be careful with young plants, also the batshit clumps together so you might need to get down & dirty breaking it up  lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Joint hogger said:

The Batmix is high in nutes, so be careful with young plants, also the batshit clumps together so you might need to get down & dirty breaking it up  lol

Didn't think of that lol

1 hour ago, hash72 said:

started using plagron allmix this grow, think i wasted money on alga grow was not needed

How was it with young plants? Did they get burnt at all? 

Edited by Piper.180

@grower951 I seemed to have low pH with all mix. The run off was 4.8, I know that's not a good test but the plants looked like they where suffering from multiple deficiencies. I know that I may of messed the pH somehow but I just don't want take the risk. 

Loathe Plagron Bat mix............doesnt seem to be much bat shit in there, its full of twigs and other shit, it clumps heavy after watering. Against my Plant Magic plants as I did a side by side, plants in Plagron showed slow and poor root development, plants were stunted and slow growing and the medium was way too hot for young plants. I see no benefit in using that shit soil and it is shit, really shit. For the same or less money there is way better soil out there.

My fave is Plant Magic. Light, airy, great for roots, never too hot and plants thrive.

As I did a side by side it was clear. Plagron Bat mix sucks

• Like 1

@thedemon I've got to admit that my best grow was with plant magic soil, but I had problems mid flower and couldn't work out what it was. I measured run off at the time and it was under 6, can't remember the exact number.

Have you run into any pH issues using PM soil?

I found this copy of hydromag that done a soil test and its really put me off PM soil. 

https://issuu.com/hydromagazine/docs/hydromag-014-hydroponics-magazine

The soil test starts on page 34 and the pH and EC test is on page 39.

• Like 1