Is this bugs?

aafots7

6 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

try watering them a bit more often, use a bit less feed. no more than 2ml/l. As your pot dries the nutrients dry in the medium too, which increases the concentration next time you add feed. Maybe just water them with water for half a week or so and then start back on the food. Don't let the pot dry out that much its falling over or the compost is coming away from the sides of the pot.

@HazyDaze wasn't wrong when he said hot compost :yep:

I'll give it a bash. I'm currently at 1ml / L of feed and they're at 5 weeks from sprout surely that's not too much? 

@oldtimer1do you not think this could also be Caspids as its very similar to my plant. His seeds and my seeds are both from dinafem and there's mention of viruses on this post. 

lol now I know why its like science.... whooosh

18 hours ago, Firstimegrower_420 said:

do you not think this could also be Caspids

I had not seen this topic before,  It does also look like capsid damage, probably a different species to the one damaging your plants, in this case there may also be some viral transfer carried by the bugs mouthparts, if there is virus, handling leaves will transfer the virus to new parts of the plant unless hands/gloves are sterilised between handling each leaf,. if it is virus it is not a very virulent type, infected plants should not be propagated, there are thousands of viral types.

Edit to add Only  @BarrySHitPeas show any sign of virus but both sets of pictures show some capsid damage including BarrySHitPeas outdoor one. 

• Like 2

Thank you, it has been useful starting point ,although I rarely use silicon if at all , and until recently never used any type PK product , I do get that each nutrient needs to be at the right ratio for the effective uptake of others but in my opinion its likely to stall growth , not cause mutations or distortions in the leaves, I will /am looking into Crop steering.

I think there are a lot of what I'd call minor plant  virus's out there ,that can effect cannabis like they do every other plant..... There are just very few officially known ,probably due to its current probation status.

And the cost and technology needed to check for them in industry in it current status.

I think  these minor plant virus can either build up in plants and effect them in strange ways  or even the possibility of satellite virus's (which ,need a plant to already have a virus.) before the can spread to other plants.

Which would explain why some seem spread and others don't.

In my case ,I think they've built up in plants outside and got vectored in by pests. 

And specific to me ,more then one virus is probably at work.

Reading what you've experienced sounds, like what I'd call a minor virus ha ha  if you had the same symptoms shown in the pics above that is ,and having unexplained deficiencies is often ,if not always mentioned, on information about plant virus's

"One of the worst things about viruses in marijuana is they cause symptoms that masquerade as problems with fertilizers and hydroponics nutrients, pH, or grow room environment.

Most marijuana growers would initially assume, as I did, that such problems are caused by factors I can control, such as nutrients issues, pH, grow room environment."

As did I , Then I was convinced for a time I was either cyclamen russet or broad mites.....

if you haven't already had a look. (Above link)

@Firstimegrower_420

If you read that link you will see I did change out seed company's and soil,nutrients, pots and alike. 

and I did notice capsid damage in years past on canna plants in the garden ,so I know they are one of the many possible pests 

And agree the picture from outside could well be capsid or least looks like it.

although again I don't think my indoor plants are directly effected by capsid , I looked over the plants obsessively towards the end and didn't spot them. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Back on my 2nd grow and have exactly the same problem with dinafwm quick gorilla, on appearance you think she looks well but when you pull things back you notice the split leafs and parts missing. Its only a small minority but still fucks me off! 

Just moved into flipping them and dont need it!  Seems to he affecting new growth. 

large.Screenshot_20210312-183149_Gallery_copy_1025x1346.jpglarge.Screenshot_20210312-183220_Gallery_copy_1025x1163.jpglarge.Screenshot_20210312-183112_Gallery_copy_1026x2280.jpg

large.Screenshot_20210312-184854_Gallery_copy_1026x2280.jpg

Edited by Firstimegrower_420
  • Like 1

It does look Just like the damage I had IMO.

The yellowing around the missing leaf parts is the give away.

I've seen it a few peoples plant's just on here to be honest, I've also seen it on other forums.

My vigor was not effected, plants still grew fast, did notice a large increase in herm's, so watch out.

Google search: "mosaic virus symptoms"

Symptoms associated with TMV infections:
  • stunting.
  • mosaic pattern of light and dark green (or yellow and green) on the leaves.
  • malformation of leaves or growing points.
  • yellow streaking of leaves (especially monocots)
  • yellow spotting on leaves.
  • distinct yellowing only of veins.

Google search: "malformation meaning"

Malformation: A structural defect in the body due to abnormal embryonic or fetal development. There are many types of malformations. For example, cleft lip and cleft palate. See also Congenital malformation.

Taken from A article on "dealing-with-tobacco-mosaic-virus"

Symptoms

These include chlorosis (yellowing of leaves), necrosis (dark or dying parts of leaves), streaking or mosaics (swirling patterns of leaf discoloration), stunted/deformed leaves or plants, slow growth, weak stems and stalks, parts of leaves disappearing (leaving what looks like an insect bite in the leaf), shiny leaves, upturned leaf edges, “bubbling” on leaves, and decreased production of marijuana floral structure and resin glands.

"Parts of leaves disappearing (leaving what looks like an insect bite in the leaf"

To me that the best most accurate description I've yet seen of what's happening to your/mine leaves. Would you agree?

The person who wrote that tested he's plant's, and it was TMV.

IMO riggs had what I'd call proper TMV. 

I'm not exactly sure what we have @Firstimegrower_420  a mosaic virus of some sort is most likely IMO.

• Like 1

@BarrySHitPeasthanks for that reply. Its very informative. 

I agree there's similarities with some of the things I read. Parts of leaf missing, the yellowing of the edges like some virus is eating away, deformed leaves 

I'm no 100% its TMV as I must've looked at a thousand images from Google and nothing resembles TMV to what I have. Those must be extreme cases. They're not at a stunted growth as these 2 are just exploding, and my last yield got me well over 200g for 2 plants.

I'm keeping fingers crossed its capsid again and just one, but im vigorously shaking the ladies from the trunk and nothing flying off or dropping down. 

So far the white siberian hasn't shown any signs and they're rubbing together with leaves blowing over. 

I did read theres no cure for TMV so there's no point worrying and its what to be but just annoying especially when it's the same branded seed and the same thing is happening this time around. 

I've a G13 purple haze that I might try but its a sativa strain so feck knows. Don't like getting high lol

FWIW I don't think you have actual TMV, nor do I think I have it.

I would say you most likely have a mosaic virus of some sort.

TMV is just a well known plant virus that particularly nasty and is extremely environmental stable allowing to stick around for years after the host has died which as far I know is pretty unique, most plant virus's die when the Host die's.

6 hours ago, Firstimegrower_420 said:

I did read theres no cure for TMV so there's no point worrying

Once a plant has it, your right no cure.

It becomes about replacing, cleaning equipment, I dumped my stash, all jars basically massive sacrifice has to be made.

ozone or bleach what you want to keep.

I'm in this for the long term, so for me, it's worth doing.

• Like 1