Storz and Bickel Dosing Capsules. Fill and Clean for Mighty, Crafty, Plenty and Volcano application.

bartman

I heard S&B got sold recently and their customer service has gone downhill. I've only enjoyed good responses from them in the past. I love my Volcano, can't say enough about it, it's about 15 years old perhaps now and it needs to go back to have the main knob replaced, the casing fixed and perhaps a new switch. It's already been back once maybe 11 years ago when the main switch broke. They were great about it.

I love my Mighty. It's pretty beaten up but I've abused the casing by throwing it about in the car and not caring for the fins and moulding enough. It still works but won't charge or power up if I plug it in. It does charge, but if I turn it on, it won't power up and just keeps buzzing intermittently. I charge it and use it and I think the batteries are still in good shape. I took it apart to fix it, which I did but caused that fault. 

Need to order a new one, really. And I will do happily. I've had a rip on a Grasshopper recently and it's cool as fuck but just doesn't hit the spot. 

I ordered the capsules but I never got on with them. Filling was harder than the actual unit itself, so it was moot for me to fill the carts and then put those in. I like their little filling funnel they supply; that works I think. But I have the key ring too and that's pretty cool. Now I've seen a pic of extract in the wool in a capsule they are making more sense and I suppose having seen the big filling tray, that would reduce the time per capsule. I just wasn't getting the hit from one or two and then the cleaning and reloading and they'd get jammed together. Mhuergh.

@bartman Do you have a Plenty? They were about before the Mighty and I so nearly bought one; what's it like?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Keye said:

Do you have a Plenty? They were about before the Mighty and I so nearly bought one; what's it like?

Hi dude :) I’ve had a Plenty for a good while now but it doesn’t get used much at all. If it was the only vape in the world it would be fantastic but other vapes are available and way better, so it stays in its box until someone wants to borrow it. They are built to last but aesthetically they remind me of a tyre inflator. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Only just discovered this thread. Well put together and pretty much sums up everything I love about the Mighty. I am on my 3rd, I've had two replaced due to the screen fading. I own a Herbalaire but I no longer use it due to the brilliance of the Mighty, but one thing puzzles me, why bother putting the capsules into a Volcano when the Mighty does the same thing? Is it somehow better using the Volcano? I've never used the Volcano so I can't compare myself but as I stated, I haven't used my Herbalaire since I've had my Mighty.

The Mighty combined with the right weed is amazing, sometimes I can almost chew the vapours. 

• Like 2

Cheers dude :yep:

On 21/04/2021 at 7:17 AM, Maesteg Cannabis Club said:

why bother putting the capsules into a Volcano when the Mighty does the same thing?

Capsules work better in the Mighty than in the Volcano imo.
With the suitable reducer adaptor, capsules work in a Volcano and I was trying to highlight the versatility of using capsules across the Storz and Bickel range.

Given the choice though, I reckon a Volcano works at it’s best with the standard herb chamber loosely filled with ground bud.

Whereas a Mighty (or Crafty) imo work better with capsules than without.

• Like 2

A friend has leant me an old classic volcano but it has no chamber to put the bud into, does anyone know what parts i would need to put the capsules into because i am buying a crafty+ and will be using the capsules in that and feel a bowl of ground bud might be too much for this lightweight and i not going to be using it for group sessions much !!

I have to either give this classic volcano back after trial or offer to buy it, not sure what it's worth without any parts or accessories tbh but needless to say i would like to try it without spending a fortune on it because it may never be mine so any good advice welcome :smokin: thank you 

• Like 1

@photobat Yo dude :) 

You will need a herb filling chamber and balloon bag valve for either solid valve or easy valve set up. 

That along with a dosing capsule chamber reducer to match the valve system you choose.

With filled dosing capsules you’ll be good to go.

I have taken a quick peek on Vapefiend to see the cost of the above options but it looks like they are out of stock right now. Maybe send an email to Vapefiend to get an up to date stock report.

Parts are not cheap for them unfortunately so my advice here would be to maybe look for second hand if you can.

Good luck with it. :yep:

• Like 1

I don't think they're compatible with the solid valve system so I think you need the easy valve system and an easy valve reducer/capsule adapter 

Reducer

https://vapefiend.co.uk/collections/storz-bickel-vaporizers-accessories-parts/products/filling-chamber-reducer-for-volcano-hybrid

I think this is the same thing 

https://www.storz-bickel.com/en/parts-accessories/volcanos/filling-chamber-reducer-197

Easy valve starter kit

https://vapefiend.co.uk/collections/storz-bickel-vaporizers-accessories-parts/products/volcano-easy-valve-starter-set

https://www.storz-bickel.com/en/parts-accessories/ev/easy-valve-starter-set

Or you can buy the bits you want/need from the kit separately 

Or there's cheap copies on ebay altho I wouldn't trust them myself to be honest 

That said, I just put as much or as little I want in the solid valve system on my trusty 2007 classic  lol

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Hippie on hill said:

don't think they're compatible with the solid valve system

:doh:My bad sorry. You’re correct.

I had a classic volc with solid valve system a good while back and just remembered that I adapted the filling chamber myself DIY style so it would take capsules.

iirc used a small stack of metal washers inside the chamber to house the capsules. Bench grinder and set of mole grips made light work of the job shaping the washers to suit so that everything fit snug.

e2a off the shelf it has to be easy valve system with reducer. :yep:

Edited by bartman
  • Like 2

@bartman and @Hippie on hill Thanks guys, so please correct me if i've got this wrong:-

1. With the classic volcano i can only have the bag system that comes in (pre-made @easybag system or roll version)and can't use a whip, which looks like is only compatible with the hybrid ?

2. I don't really like the thought of blowing balloons up and wouldn't they be too much for 1 medium to light weight user ? 

3. If i was happy enough to try balloons and wanted smaller doses it would be best to buy an adapter that can take the small dosing caps ?

I was originally going to buy a crafty+ because i like the portability of it (to take abroad) and considered getting a water bong or rig, not sure if that's the same thing tbh, i liked the look of the glass rigs with the water percolating inside and thought this might be a nice way to get a cool smooth vape, idk if anyone's got any thoughts about going down this route ??

If anyone can help much appreciated :bong:

• Like 1

@photobat

1. The whip is designed for the Hybrid but will work on the classic or digi too. The whip attaches to the top of the easy valve herb chamber but is a bit unsteady and chamber doesn’t lock into place like it does with a Volcano Hybrid. 

large.CE9ED2F4-B2D3-41E7-A116-FA63F0A9AFFE.jpeg

2. I’m not a balloon fan either tbh.

3. No not really. Volcano will work with as little amount of weed as you like, with or without capsules.

Crafty+ are very good but imo the Mighty wins.

Percolator water pipes go to cool the vapour even further and work very well with both Mighty and Crafty’s. 
Several ways of attaching a water tool. Here’s what I’m using right now. 3d printers rock. :notworthy:

large.348DBC7A-1BD5-4D7A-BC73-27222D121748.jpeglarge.F6BDA044-7A5A-4D67-8827-71C6C53654D4.jpeglarge.7C584A8F-1C45-43DF-95A8-7320B8D41D54.jpeglarge.C55C7A04-AA1C-4672-9E8D-B7DE9ACFE564.jpeg

Good luck.

Edited by bartman
  • Like 2

@bartman thanks man, this helps a lot :) 

So that's the type of set up i want with the bigger water bong connected to your Mighty, second photo up on the right but i intend to use a crafty+ instead, will any water rig do, or are some only for oil, i would like the option to smoke oils in the future, is it with what's called a dab rig or something, guess i will need some sort of adaptor like you have on top of your mighty to attach the glass adaptor to the whip, is that a storz n bickle adapter ? Nice bit of 3D printing but that's all way over my head he he

So for the volcano classic if i get whip and a herb chamber i will be away, plus some sort of holder like yourself to stop the whip falling off and i will be golden.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, photobat said:

will any water rig do

Yes pretty much. If you want to smoke/combust oil then you just need a crystal banger that fits into your glass bong and heat up with a turbo gas lighter. Note that the adapters and bongs come in 2 sizes 14mm and 18mm. Connectors are available to mix and match. Search fleabay for ‘lab glass connectors’ or ‘adapters’

Dosing capsules for liquids are available for your crafty+ as well if you wanted to vape oil instead of combustion. They are same as normal capsules except they have gauze in them for concentrate/oil absorption.

Happy vaping. Let us know how you get on with your Crafty+ purchase. :yep: Good luck.

Edited by bartman
  • Like 1

On 4/22/2021 at 11:28 AM, bartman said:

Cheers dude :yep:

Capsules work better in the Mighty than in the Volcano imo.
With the suitable reducer adaptor, capsules work in a Volcano and I was trying to highlight the versatility of using capsules across the Storz and Bickel range.

Given the choice though, I reckon a Volcano works at it’s best with the standard herb chamber loosely filled with ground bud.

Whereas a Mighty (or Crafty) imo work better with capsules than without.

Ah I C, I've used my Mighty with capsules the entire time I've had it. I stoped using my Herbalaire due to the noise of the pump and the bags filing up, I could use the whip but the Mighty is just so convenient to use, everywhere.  :hippy:

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I’ve just bought the reducing chamber and some dosing capsules and my god is there a difference.

I liked it before but it took far too much weed to fill so it wasn’t really a suitable replacement for a spliff but with this chamber there is far more vapour and a hell of a lot less weed to achieve it.

@bartman I love the glass tube.I’ve seen ones on dhgate that look like they’ll fit the plenty. Think I’ll go for an 18mm fitting and use a rubber ring around the plenty to get it to the right size and nice and air tight.

what a difference the reducer makes though

• Like 1