Storz and Bickel Dosing Capsules. Fill and Clean for Mighty, Crafty, Plenty and Volcano application.

bartman

1 hour ago, bartman said:

Using it whilst charging, gripping, moving, picking up and placing down would probably be the cause of micro usb failure too imo.

Crafty is a great unit I agree but Mighty is better and you wouldn’t regret the change if and when you’re ready.

My Crafty was faulty and S&B asked for video evidence of light colour/sequence, which I did. They sent a new one and told me I could keep faulty unit.

I removed bottom sticker and opened the faulty unit up and saw a loose connector. Put it back together and it worked a treat and still does today. Contacted S&B via email to let them know and to ask if it would still be ok to register the serial number on the app. They said I hit lucky, Happy Days.

I gave one of my nephews the sealed new one for Christmas and I was the best uncle on earth lol for a day.

Cheers. :yinyang:

Brilliant bit of luck there. I always have to return mine. I think the crafty is too small for what they pack into it, hence the high failure rate. I can’t complain at the service though, I found the turnaround about a week which is fast. Though the crafty plus has redesigned circuit boards I’d not risk it again. I’m wondering if there is going to be a mighty plus which is rumoured! 

• Like 3

@bartmanAwesome info and pics dude...I dont want a mighty, but you make me want one lol

However that dosing capsule system you got in place seems to be a proper solution, and I like the food mixer 'tool' very cool, in fact...too cool for school baby...I use a food mixer and a whipper for my refinements too :)

I went down the line of the tinymight in the end, but at some stage Ill probably get a volcano as a home unit...but you have iincreased the desireability of the mighty...is it really as good as they say? Or is it like OK, because at the moment there isnt any better? Or alternative?

• Like 1

I use A globfather happy daddy spoon to full mine . Just be careful with iso around the silicon rings makes them degrade 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, zeroG said:

I went down the line of the tinymight

Cheers and good luck with your Tinymight dude. They look a good quality bit of kit. Enjoy.  :yep:

@Arthur Mix  :yep: Cheers

@Phoenix :yep: The Volcano is always there @TheRosinCrown for all to use. I’ll get a Mighty ordered for in there too. Cheers.

@Exhale Nice one. The only way is Vape. Another for the Tinymight. They look impressive. :yep:

• Like 3

@ExhaleI think the convection style is a very specific taste and sensation from your average vape. I have read and been told that its (TinyMight) the vapcaps big daddy, big flavoursome terpy ripper dipper doos...Some like the sipper cunduction, and it has its place all day long. I love my IQs and my pax, it also siuts m/ding a bit more too as it a bit more relaxed and your not going for a headtop buzz. I'm a rec user, so im just out to buzz lol.

I liken my dynavap to a mellow dab, you get the heat right with a preheat, then stagger the heating to get the cap hot, then delay again, then heat for the 2nd click. I can frequetly get overwhelmed by the heavy terpy buz, and its a similar headtop buzz to a small dab. imho anyway. Its hot, oily and thick. Saweet :D and super dooper terpy and the flavour...mmmMmmmmmmmmmm m  mmmmmmm                            

Anyway, thats what sealed it for me to be fair, but i said that 5 years ago when I bought the 'new' IQ1 - Then the PAx 3, then the dynavap, then a e-dab rig and I could go on and on...Ill probably end up with a mighty, im going round the houses about it, or as if my wife was driving... the scenic route than ends up , roughly, at the same destination...how much of a tongue whipping you get on the way is up tyo you lollollol

• Like 1

Fired the volcano up today.
It doesn’t get used that much really especially during these Covid times as they are best in social environments.

I do forget how bloody mashed they can get you. :magic: WOW :upside: Turn the beast on and I am soon reminded. :guitar:
To use Dosing Capsules with a Volcano an adaptor is needed.

As a slight change from the bag I decided to order a Tube Kit that is designed for the latest Hybrid Volcano. Wasn’t sure whether it would work on my Volcano Digit Easy Valve but was well worth the gamble. There was a problem with the chamber (and everything attached to it) falling off. Coat hanger improvisation soon led to the addition of a tube rest to take the weight and stop the chamber falling off.

Jobs a good ‘un, no more bag. :punk:

To maximise on air flow when using capsules in a Volcano, less  bud in each capsule works best. 0.1g

large.84FA9C06-66BB-44E1-B1D0-9866F314DD66.jpeglarge.642877D4-1519-49F9-864B-CFD8842A2F6A.jpeglarge.96E61BCF-10DD-4D55-9998-CC6AA5C7561D.jpeglarge.CE9ED2F4-B2D3-41E7-A116-FA63F0A9AFFE.jpeg

Edited by bartman
  • Like 6

My good friend Gary Youds had a Volcano vaporiser at his Chillin Rooms (Amsterdam Style Coffee Shop) in Liverpool that I used often.

Look what the twats at Merseyside Police did to it. 
Nothing to do with capsules I know but whilst on the subject of volcanoes I thought I would shame Merseyside Police for being utter cunts.

:crybaby::wallbash:

large.29C3A553-FB73-47CB-B512-E6E1DCC7C70A.jpeg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, zeroG said:

I like the food mixer 'tool' very cool,

It would be poor show for me to take any credit for this one.

@Comrade Stoker well earns his Blue Peter Badge here.

large.4B8569A7-AD61-4DAC-8297-C2FF45F0B96A.jpeg

Edited by bartman

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Rex Mundi

Just spotted this thread, nice one @bartman

My two penn'orth...

I have two honeybirds, large and small, but really I never now bother with them.

For me, the Mighty is the business, with the capsules as you mentioned, for both weed and rosin.

Edited by Rex Mundi

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/10/2020 at 1:57 AM, Rex Mundi said:

For me, the Mighty is the business

Me too mate :yep: which is why I held on as long as possible to return mine back to Storz and Bickel recently.

I emailed them explaining that the battery performance on my unit had diminished recently and enquired as to how much it would cost me to have new ones installed. I had heard it’s about £70 but wanted it right so was prepared to pay. Didn’t want to go down the DIY route.

S&B replied saying that I had to complete an RMA first then to post the Mighty back to them. They sent me an online printable pre-paid UPS address label to do this and it was posted on Monday afternoon this week 16/11/20

S&B Germany received the Mighty this morning and I had an email from them to say it had been received. Then got another email an hour later that said they have replaced my Mighty for a new one and should be here by Friday. No charge.

Now in the past I’ve had things to say about the poor customer service S&B give. My last few encounters with them have shown that they have improved on this big time.

Credit where credit is due, they now give an after-sales service that is as good as anyone can expect. 
Well done Storz and Bickel. 
:notworthy:

Edited by bartman
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...
On 12/10/2020 at 10:14 PM, bartman said:

Yes sorry. I should have stated it is possible but not advisable. There is a thermal fuse located inside the Crafty which overheats and has a much shorter lifespan if used and charged at same time.

This may account for the fact that you are on your 4th unit. Maybe.:yinyang:

That's a bit shit isn't it !! wonder if they are still manufactured this way !!

I don't see how a manufacturer can refuse to bare the costs of the the repair for such a thing if its within the warranty period !!

It has also got me thinking about batteries and travelling on planes, Lithium batteries are banned for air travel i believe, i wonder what battery is in this and other vapes and if they all use the same type of batteries hummm, will i be able to take this abroad ?

• Like 1

On 08/04/2021 at 9:12 PM, photobat said:

That's a bit shit isn't it

Not sure how true the vid content is or isn’t but thought it may help explain why @Timbuds373 was getting through so many craftys.

Not had any problem with mine doing this.

On 08/04/2021 at 9:12 PM, photobat said:

It has also got me thinking about batteries and travelling on planes,

Best idea is pack it in your suitcase for hold storage rather than hand luggage. I’ve never had any issues doing this with both a Mighty and Crafty.
I travel with a battery power chair on a plane (or should I say used to) and thats a whole different bag of fun. :no:
Pembrokeshire coast is awesome, no plane required. ;) 

• Like 1