Storz and Bickel Dosing Capsules. Fill and Clean for Mighty, Crafty, Plenty and Volcano application.

bartman

Hello One and All,

Welcome to my thread about Storz and Bickel Dosing Capsules.

A Dosing Capsule is a small perforated aluminium container with a perforated lid that holds ideally between 0.15g - 0.2g of ground-up dry bud. Once filled a capsule can then be loaded into all Storz and Bickel products with ease.

Capsules with steel wool inserts can also be used with concentrates such as shatter and rosin.

Capsules fit direct into a Mighty and Crafty but require an adaptor to fit into Volcano and Plenty.

Capsules make loading, using, replacing and cleaning easier and increases the versatility of all S&B vapes.

With regular maintenance the life of your vape will be extended dramatically and each time it is used will give best results.

I've downloaded a bunch of pics to help illustrate how I go about my vaping and how I maintain things as much as possible for best results. 

Please feel free to add comment and hopefully I can pick up a few tips off others too.

The Mighty is my daily vape. Pretty much all day, every day. 

large.764E7E10-FB49-4E67-9082-58FB2E198956.jpeg

large.8AF23DE7-039F-4B7C-A98C-2EE33ABF4D15.jpeg

First off is grind some bud. 

large.E8973CFC-1080-4F77-A194-96A08D8BFF08.jpeg

After grinding the bud it then gets put into a bag and rolled lightly into sausage shape. With ground bud slightly compacted in bag it makes it easier to fill each capsule I find.

Storz and Bickel sell a dosing capsule filling kit but having tried it a few times already I found it too fiddly and messy and soon reverted back to my trusted method.

large.69136F1A-CBB3-403A-A0C5-691775D96F9E.jpeg

After vaping has been done I empty the (very hot, beware) capsule into a small tin. When tin is full I empty each capsule of AVB (Already Vaped Bud) and soak the capsules overnight in ISO alcohol.

AVB is then collected in a large Kilner for future recycling. 

large.BB668269-57C4-4CB2-8816-7BA336416B3A.jpeg

large.437B9334-6391-40AA-B820-0772B78B0B0A.jpeg

Capsules and Vocano. Pictured here are capsules with a steel wool inserts which I use with rosin and other concentrates.

large.E7C3AC79-855C-4095-B3E1-78B322176018.jpeg

Capsules and Plenty.

large.3B2B44CC-960A-4B20-9ECA-0E23035BD7F0.jpeg

large.459CC711-95E0-45ED-8246-A9978424EEB0.jpeg

large.BDE8C588-B695-46D6-A297-5B3ECD5EB481.jpeg

more to follow.

• Like 13

The Mighty is battery powered primarily but can be used direct from mains power when plugged in. Use and charge at same time. 12v 3A charger is used.

The Crafty is just powered from battery and battery must be recharged each time used. Micro Usb charger lead to recharge.

This is where the Mighty has an edge over the Crafty. 

Neither have battery power that is in any way outstanding imo. but The Mighty wins with two batteries as opposed to The Crafty only having one battery.

Neither have replaceable batteries by design but where there is a will there is a way. 

large.7202FD2A-ECA0-4B50-8CE5-992CC820FCC1.jpeg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, bartman said:

The Mighty is battery powered primarily but can be used direct from mains power when plugged in. Use and charge at same time. 12v 3A charger is used.

The Crafty is just powered from battery and battery must be recharged each time used. Micro Usb charger lead to recharge.

This is where the Mighty has an edge over the Crafty. 

Neither have battery power that is in any way outstanding imo. but The Mighty wins with two batteries as opposed to The Crafty only having one battery.

Great post @bartman I am on my 4th crafty so have collected a lot of spare screens and seals etc. The crafty does have pass through charging like the mighty btw so can be used plugged in and charge at the same time. I also use the dosage capsules which is handy for preparing a session and also keeps the crafty bowl clean. Peace.

• Like 6

Any questions about Dosing Capsules please ask away and I'll do my best to help.

If you think that I could do things better please dive in a let me know.

Thanks for dropping by.

@JimmyPage as promised for MrsJP

@zeroG

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Timbuds373 said:

The crafty does have pass through charging like the mighty btw so can be used plugged in and charge at the same time.

Yes sorry. I should have stated it is possible but not advisable. There is a thermal fuse located inside the Crafty which overheats and has a much shorter lifespan if used and charged at same time.

This may account for the fact that you are on your 4th unit. Maybe.:yinyang:

Edited by bartman
  • Like 5

Nail on head @bartman I think you've just provided a solution to my filling woes! I'm happy enough just to coarse grind the weed and pinch it in rough style but, things are not always so easy, especially when weed is a bit dry it crumbles to dust so  vaping it makes the dust go through into the airways and the vapor becomes really spicey:blushing:, I'm currently getting roasted from a bowl of trikey brittle 'StrawberryGlue' and the vapor is like tar smoke, it's full on Navycut Cannabis and difficult to finish but i think vapor is full of little baked pollen particulates which irritate the throat after 2 bowls, it's not bad irritation but it's fiery, am thinking the little capsules might contain dusty powdery weed and save the particles from traveling deep into the lungs as is happening right now . .  cough, cough, it's not bad because the particles are medicalised and kill harmful bacteria in the lungs but the process is a bit laboursome on the chest after a few days, it's like a health farm experience.

Am thinking the caps might deliver cleaner vapor, definitely need a proper bong to connect to mighty, or even a cheap volcano desktop is the thing?

Smoking has fewer particles or so it seems? although smoking really tastes a bit like a campfire or housefire flavour it's a bit smoother, but this fresh stawbglu is spicey as chilli anyways:dev:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bartman said:

Yes sorry. I should have stated it is possible but not advisable. There is a thermal fuse located inside the Crafty which overheats and has a much shorter lifespan if used and charged at same time.

This may account for the fact that you are on your 4th unit. Maybe.:yinyang:

Yes that was the case on two occasions. This last time it was the usb micro connector which gave out. I was very close to calling it a day and get a mighty which is much better build, if they had refused to exchange it. So far so good but I’m keeping my options open for the mighty when the guarantee runs out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, schmoak said:

it's not bad irritation but it's fiery

lol Yeah know what you mean. Definitely cleaner and less wheezy using the bubbler. 

Enjoying some Wedding Cake Capsules in Mighty right now. :guitar: Beautiful it is :) 

Cheers.:yinyang:

Edited by bartman
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Timbuds373 said:

This last time it was the usb micro connector which gave out.

Using it whilst charging, gripping, moving, picking up and placing down would probably be the cause of micro usb failure too imo.

Crafty is a great unit I agree but Mighty is better and you wouldn’t regret the change if and when you’re ready.

My Crafty was faulty and S&B asked for video evidence of light colour/sequence, which I did. They sent a new one and told me I could keep faulty unit.

I removed bottom sticker and opened the faulty unit up and saw a loose connector. Put it back together and it worked a treat and still does today. Contacted S&B via email to let them know and to ask if it would still be ok to register the serial number on the app. They said I hit lucky, Happy Days.

I gave one of my nephews the sealed new one for Christmas and I was the best uncle on earth lol for a day.

Cheers. :yinyang:

Edited by bartman
  • Like 3