Have my plant got bugs

Firstimegrower_420

Hi all, ive noticed some of my fan leaves with holes in them and ends off and wasn't sure if this was me catching it with a wire and stabbed them when doing some LST 

I've taken photos as below and no sure if its little grains of coco as i repotted the other day and had them upside down so some spillage couldn't be helped but im no sure 

I dont kniw what to use to give a spray and i called the hydro shop to ask.if they've got canna cure spray and they said thats just soapy water and they sell SB plant invigorator which ive been told is good to clear pests but before i go buy anythjng I need advice so any input on what you see is appreciated 

(Moderated... please don't host pictures offsite)

What i dont understand is if its bugs and they're jnside a tent in coco where most bugs don't survive then hows it possible.

I hope to start flipping these in the next 10 days so want them healthy before doing so..

Thanks

Edited by distracted

The brown/"Red" specs look like bits of coco to me mate...pics are hard to tell here, need to be a bit closer. Grab a pair of glasses lol!

The white specs don't seem to be crawly looking?pieces of perlite? third pic from bottom those white spots may rust up as a minor deficiency? 

I wouldn't be worried for bugs.

Edited by Tgrow
  • Like 1

I would say you are safe at the mo, can't see any serious bug symptoms, as you say the top two pics look like coco.

But then  i am shite at diagnosis'.......

• Like 1

Try looking at the underside of the leaves, adult spidermite  and eggs are easy to see for most people.

A jewelers loupe will show the hatchlings as well.:skin_up:

• Like 1

Thanks folks, ive been in wirh a loupe and yes it is coco, not sure about the white little pimple spots so I'll keep an eye on those but thanks

• Like 1

Back again! 

I'm convinced there's something taking littoe bits off my leaves and ive noticed new growth the leaves havent been full. 

I'm in there 10x a day looking at the plants and cant find anything but im blind as a bat and even use a loupe but find my phone camera on zoom at 48mega pixel spots a single coco grain the eye doesn't so that does the job. 

I dint know anyrhing about sprays so can anyone advise if I shiuld buy the one recommended or can they suggest a home made one with soapy water... or is that it lol washing up liquid... 

Advice anyone as I was wanting these flipped this week but bug free

You'll see hole in leaf and the little one beneath is chomped... could it all ve associated to nutrients or do you think its a bug of some type.. 

I'll spray anyrhing on my plants so long asnit won't harm them but kill anythih lurking in there causing harm

Edited by lildaveham
Offsite pics

Hi 

Can anyone help advise what I need to do here, the new growth is being munched on as other leaves, i cant see what the cause is, i have a loupe but still can't see anything but being short sighted doesn't help.. 

Something isn't right and I don't like it and wonder if there's 1 type of bug spray I can use that will take care of my problem,

I'm even thinking of ordering  ladybugs but don't know if that's a bit much.. 

Help please 

Edited by lildaveham
Offsite pics

Whatever ive got is.not going away so.a home.made pesticide thatll kick the little bastards into oblivion..

2 whole garlic bulbs

3 red chillis

1 whole onion. 

1/4 jar of cayenne pepper 

grind up and then Boil in a litre of water and leave to sit overnight. Strain and pour in midt bottle. i swear my eyes are burning and the dogs can't stop licking their lips its that hot! 

I'll give feedback on this mix over the next few days and if all works well theyre getting flipped, if not then its ladybug army thats getting called in lol

Edited by Firstimegrower_420
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/10/2020 at 8:10 PM, Firstimegrower_420 said:

Whatever ive got is.not going away so.a home.made pesticide thatll kick the little bastards into oblivion..

2 whole garlic bulbs

3 red chillis

1 whole onion. 

1/4 jar of cayenne pepper 

grind up and then Boil in a litre of water and leave to sit overnight. Strain and pour in midt bottle. i swear my eyes are burning and the dogs can't stop licking their lips its that hot! 

I'll give feedback on this mix over the next few days and if all works well theyre getting flipped, if not then its ladybug army thats getting called in lol

Hey man I was just wondering how the plants are getting on. I'm going through the same thing with my grow, holes in leaves particularly new growth but no sight of bugs. I have topic up and apparently its quite common but can be a virus or disease.

• Like 1

On 18/10/2020 at 0:00 PM, aafots7 said:

I have topic up and apparently its quite common but can be a virus or disease.

Hiya @aafots7 I've been reading your thread and feel sick as you're right our issue kinda mirrors each other..  the sickening thing is i read it being with Spain and my plants are all Spanish strains from dinafem which I got after being recommended on here as a breeder, so I hope im not getting 5 from 2+2

Before reading your thread I never heard of that and my philosophy was nutrient being to strong.. (I just been advised to cut it back and not follow canna guide chart to a T) I read on line that it could be burn as it was effecting some new growth but ive no idea and just keep thinking its bugs and sprayed with the stuff I did and tbh my plants look OK, but im convinced I do have something in there eating my leaf but identifying brown little eggs, dots, spider cant be done because of my ingredients leaving the leaves covered in the spices used lol

I now bought SB plant invigorator and sprayed them this morning but going on my cuttings im having the same problem but again im convinced its nutrient being to strong as I wouldnt give my cuttings anymore than 0.6EC to start yet the formulex mixed as instructed gives EC 1.8 

Heres how they look this morning 

Edited by lildaveham
Pics

2 minutes ago, Firstimegrower_420 said:

Hiya @aafots7 I've been reading your thread and feel sick as you're right our issue kinda mirrors each other..  the sickening thing is i read it being with Spain and my plants are all Spanish strains from dinafem which I got after being recommended on here as a breeder, so I hope im not getting 5 from 2+2

Before reading your thread I never heard of that and my philosophy was nutrient being to strong.. (I just been advised to cut it back and not follow canna guide chart to a T) I read on line that it could be burn as it was effecting some new growth but ive no idea and just keep thinking its bugs and sprayed with the stuff I did and tbh my plants look OK, but im convinced I do have something in there eating my leaf but identifying brown little eggs, dots, spider cant be done because of my ingredients leaving the leaves covered in the spices used lol

I now bought SB plant invigorator and sprayed them this morning but going on my cuttings im having the same problem but again im convinced its nutrient being to strong as I wouldnt give my cuttings anymore than 0.6EC to start yet the formulex mixed as instructed gives EC 1.8 

My sour diesel is a dinafem also and I would say that plant is worse than the stardawg which is from fastbuds. A lot of people on here are full of praise for dinafem tho so maybes it's not that. I've also read that they can grow out of it so suppose its wait and see. I've just doused mine with Dr zymes. I haven't seen any signs of nute burn so fuck knows ha. I'm just gonna persevere and see what happens ha.

• Like 1

@Firstimegrower_420 The damage you are seeing is from capsid bugs.

Its nearly impossible to control with insecticides. 

Capsid bugs make tiny holes in buds at the meristem stage to suck sap, it only takes a minute or two and the bug moves on they are highly mobile, a week or two later you see big holes in the leaves.

Make sure your intake is insect screened.

• Like 1

@oldtimer1thanks ud, im googling it and im not seeing any insects at all, ive even got sticky traps and nothing flying into them either, whats the best way to get rid if thats what I have and pesticides aren't working? 

Edited by Firstimegrower_420

1 hour ago, Firstimegrower_420 said:

whats the best way to get rid if thats what I have and pesticides aren't working? 

One capsid could be responsible, it could be anywhere, if you read what I posted contact insecticides tend to not work because capsid move about, systemics will kill them if fully active when they suck sap, but you won't see the damage done by the suck that killed them until 2 or 3 weeks after, yellow and blue sticky traps do not attract them, they are tough your chilly/garlic spray will not effect them neither will SB plant invigorator.

Screened intake will stop the odd one getting in and a smoke bomb could kill any living thing if the area is suitable for using one. Personally I would not use a smoke bomb.

• Like 1