THCA crystals

joba

Good evening all,

seen this on the net (not canna related).can any of our US members or Canada shed some light regarding this? @Graywolf

from the thread

'' The crystals are THC-A and vary in potency from around 60% to 98% on the very pure end. I have been using these products and they are great and very tasty. But a tiny amount goes a long way. In fact, it is easy to dose too high on this stuff. 1 gram retails for cheaper than an 1/8 of flowers and contains the equivalent of 5-7 grams of really high potency flowers yet only takes up the space of about a dime. This concentrated Cannabis is great for people with high tolerance, but for lightweights like me it can be tricky to dose properly without getting too high. I cannot speak to hallucinations, but overdosing on Cannabis is usually a rough ride for me, no matter if it was from flower, concentrate or edibles. Edibles seem to hit me the hardest and last the longest.

I have heard, although not yet tried (or needed to try) that CDP Choline (also called CitiCholine) works well for reversing the symptoms of a THC overdose. Also good are taking CBD orally or vaping CBD-A crystals as the CBD seems to counteract or lessen the physical discomfort from the THC. The CBD did seem to work well for me to take away many of the unpleasant feelings from getting too much THC into the system.

• Like 3

I hate those lucky bastards. 

some of the honey oils I’ve created with butane were strong, like can’t count to ten afterwards kinda strong but it would have not been near this stuff at 99.997%. Maybe 90% if I was really lucky.

I’d heard about this stuff before, it’s a lot of dissolving and filtering to get the 99.997% but who wouldn’t want a go on this.

never heard of anyone overdosing on cannabis though. I thought it was impossible really. Every time I’ve tried to overdose on it (so practically every night) all that happens is I fall asleep. Woke up with a spliff stuck to my face before but never threw up or required hospital treatment. Just a bed.

• Like 1

The solventless method for making THC-A by mechanical separation, is to wrap the already pressed rosin in a 5 micron bag, and press it again very lightly with very low temp. 

The terps press out as a runny sauce and the THC-A remains in the bag. 

It’s not actually a great smoke. It’s got no flavour and dabbing that won’t get you too stoned. The effects come as the entourage of all cannabinoids and terpines come together. Makers of vape pens over in the states are finding when they add back 10% terpines the effects of the thca are a lot stronger. The same was found with CBDa vape pens, when adding 10% terpines it really woke up the cbd resulting in a much more satisfying hit. It’s why a lot of the manufacturers of THCa in the states are packaging the extract with terp sauce, basically just adding back what they’ve taken away. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, PureSmkr said:

The solventless method for making THC-A by mechanical separation, is to wrap the already pressed rosin in a 5 micron bag, and press it again very lightly with very low temp

the solvent extraction is 99.997% thca and has so many processes to go through to get it to 99.997. Royal Queen Seeds have the process explained here

and yeah, I understand that the taste would not all be there and the entourage effect is important but I don’t own a dab rig so when doing oils I normally put a dab on a bud and stick that in the bong and smoke it. I’d do the same with these, or sprinkle them in a biff. So they’d always have company.

1 hour ago, Cambium said:

Terp sauce, the best sauce lol

Any chance they have this in Asda lol 

Edited by Owderb
Link removed
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, joba said:

Good evening all,

seen this on the net (not canna related).can any of our US members or Canada shed some light regarding this? @Graywolf

from the thread

'' The crystals are THC-A and vary in potency from around 60% to 98% on the very pure end. I have been using these products and they are great and very tasty. But a tiny amount goes a long way. In fact, it is easy to dose too high on this stuff. 1 gram retails for cheaper than an 1/8 of flowers and contains the equivalent of 5-7 grams of really high potency flowers yet only takes up the space of about a dime. This concentrated Cannabis is great for people with high tolerance, but for lightweights like me it can be tricky to dose properly without getting too high. I cannot speak to hallucinations, but overdosing on Cannabis is usually a rough ride for me, no matter if it was from flower, concentrate or edibles. Edibles seem to hit me the hardest and last the longest.

I have heard, although not yet tried (or needed to try) that CDP Choline (also called CitiCholine) works well for reversing the symptoms of a THC overdose. Also good are taking CBD orally or vaping CBD-A crystals as the CBD seems to counteract or lessen the physical discomfort from the THC. The CBD did seem to work well for me to take away many of the unpleasant feelings from getting too much THC into the system.

THC-a or CBD crystals are often referred to as diamonds locally and are produced by precipitating out super saturated solutions of LPG and cannabis essential oils.  Here are a couple links describing the process:

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php/10-the-alchemist-resource/10-9-thc-a-diamond-mining-general-overview

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php/10-the-alchemist-resource/10-9-1-diamond-mining-by-erich-berkovitz

As far as effect, my tolerance is very high from ingesting orthopedic doses orally, but I had no such extreme high experience.  THC-a crystals mostly takes away my short term memory, but the overall effect lacks the depth and breath experience and entourage effects from a mixture of cannabinoids and terpenes/terpenoids.  

Very smooth to vaporize for dabbing, and I found them useful for enhancing live resin, pull and snap shatter, or distillate.  Here are a couple examples:

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php/diy-cannamed-production/9-5-formulation-and-application/9-5-7-royal-jelly

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php/diy-cannamed-production/9-5-formulation-and-application/9-5-8-adabadoya

As far as Citicolene being used to mollify an OD, I've never tried that but have supplied Citicolene to cancer patients taking 330mg doses of cannabis concentrate orally, to reduce the effects of the THC psychoactively.  3X the 330gm dose of concentrate, taken 30 minutes before the cannabis dosage, is how we used it.   

I learned that from Dr. Robert Melamede:  https://medicalmarijuana411.com/582-2/

Edited by Graywolf
  • Like 15

7 hours ago, Whatwentwrong said:

I normally put a dab on a bud and stick that in the bong and smoke it.

stop doing this as smoking (combustion ) will make benzine when smoking it .

always vape it ffs , even a hot knife let it cool down first will be better than smoking it ffs 

• Like 5

Ahh the old hot knife. Those were the days. 

Is it really that much worse than smoking bud in a bong. Iirc any form of combustion produces benzene but I could be wrong. 

Or is it somehow worse when its distillate you mean? 

@catfish

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

You knew when you turned up for a house party and the kitchen sides had hot knife marks everywhere shit was going to get hardcore lol 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Is it really that much worse than smoking bud in a bong. Iirc any form of combustion produces benzene but I could be wrong. 

@catfish

im sure i read greywolf wrote something about it or i made it up 

16 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

@catfish

Vaporizing concentrate is different than combusting concentrates.  Combusting cannabis produces some of the same carcinogenic byproducts of pyrolysis that cigarettes do.  In vaporizing, you have only turned a solid into a vapor.

• Like 2

@Graywolf I'm aware of the difference between vaping cannabis and combusting and it's negative effects. 

Point in making is catfish implied that it was a no no to smoke concentrates. Now I understand it's better to vape but this arose because someone put isolate in the bong with a bud. Is it any worse adding isolate to a bong mix than what negative effect combusting over vaping do? 

Like for example I smoke pure spliffs. It's not gonna be any worse adding some to a spliff is it beyond the negatives set out by combusting rather than vaping.

Just catfish made out like combusting it made it somehow deadly whereas in reality is it not just a case of vaping anything is better. Apologies, it's hard to put across what I mean. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Graywolf said:

Vaporizing concentrate is different than combusting concentrates.  Combusting cannabis produces some of the same carcinogenic byproducts of pyrolysis that cigarettes do.  In vaporizing, you have only turned a solid into a vapor.

thats what i ment 

2 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Just catfish made out like combusting it made it somehow deadly

i dont think i did do that . i think i drew attention to not smoking oil as it produces nasty shit .

of course vaping oil is better than smoking it. thats a given 

• Like 1

Sorry mate, it just seemed a bit alarmist @catfish like it was a huge no no. 

So top and bottom of it is it's no bother adding a bit of isolate/extract or whatever to the bong your already having. Just the way you said it I thought combusting it was mega mega bad news. Yes not as good as vaping, given. Same way I know my pipe/spliff is worse for me than vaping. 

Sorry for the confusion.

• Like 4