Cream Manderine XL, Devil Cream, Sweet Gelato Autos

Vapehead

Am running these 3 in my 1st grow for a few years, together with a Dinafem Cheese. I won them all in Instagram giveaways. :) 

My set up is a 1.2x1.2x2.2m tent, 2x315w CDMs and 4 oxypots. It's huge compared to my old 150w HPS, 40x40x160m tent. It's also my first time growing in DWC. I've only grown in soil previously. It's also the first time I'm growing autos in 8 years, as used to run photos. I want to get back onto them but will get some experience under my belt with autos first, as I have a lot of learning to do. 

How big do the 3 Sweet Seeds autos get? I was planning to top and scrog but only if the plants respond well to both. Has anyone tried it? 

Edited by Vapehead
  • Like 1

@Vapehead

You shouldn't really top Auto's. I had what I believed to be a photo, topped it (the auto) and it stayed at that height. Not even a foot tall. It ended up in the garden . Check out @blackpoolbouncer diaries in the diary section. He knows how to grow Auto's. 

• Like 4

yeah i top em all ..bollocks to what people tell me ..do what you need to do ..i need to control height so as soon as first preflowers show ..whip the tip out ..let the sides do their thang ..

autos aint like the old days of lowrider which stunted at the very mention of the word scissors ..people need to try shit fo themselves to find out sometimes ..im that person ..

large.IMG_4511.JPG

this is the current gelato auto ..this experiment was to give it nowt but water all the way through and do bugger all to it except whip the tip out ..

its horses for courses and you grow to your space and enviromental variables ..

• Like 6

oh an its a tip top smoke .lovely lovely flavours and quite a heavy indica hit which suits me and my back to front mind ..

• Like 5

@Vapehead   Have you run the standard Cream Mandarin Auto ?    I have not run the XL version yet as i LOVE  the normal , its an amazing flavoursome product, cook it out a tad longer and its awesome :yep:

@vince noir rock n roll star     Im with you on the topping autos , i used to follow the rules until my crazy cat decided to top a few for me and yield wise it increased dramatically and only seemed to be a week or so behind the non topped siblings.     So i now top autos but very gingerly lol   

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 4

@Vapehead The last auto I harvested was topped by accident during a rough LST session, she yielded 8oz, For size on SS autos the height will depend on strain and if you train ofc, I have 2 Mohan Rams, not a large strain, at different stages of flower atm and both are 70x70cm one I did LST on the other I left to grow naturally..

Diary in my signature if interested....

HTH:oldtoker:

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Fragg said:

@Vapehead The last auto I harvested was topped by accident during a rough LST session, she yielded 8oz, For size on SS autos the height will depend on strain and if you train ofc, I have 2 Mohan Rams, not a large strain, at different stages of flower atm and both are 70x70cm one I did LST on the other I left to grow naturally..

Diary in my signature if interested....

HTH:oldtoker:

Mohan Rams a very nice Sweets choice.   I run it outdoors for a few seasons now and it works very well.  I think the auto S.A.D. beats it hands down though :)  

• Like 4

had a quick think about this ..i think that because autos originally started out as ruderalis crosses that could explain the lower yields when topped ..now autos are  5-6-7 generations on ..they dont rely on the ruderalis plant except for the hormonal signal of flowering at 21 days ..which is great selective generational breeding .

not just throwing pollen at a few strains and hoping for the best but actually selecting plants for promising traits ,high yields ,quick flower promotion ,size etc ..

it wont be long and theyll be a one month flowering plant im sure .yields 10 oz and smells like holly willobys undies fresh out the laundry basket ..i said that out loud ..doh .

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, OldFord said:

Mohan Rams a very nice Sweets choice.   I run it outdoors for a few seasons now and it works very well.  I think the auto S.A.D. beats it hands down though :)  

SAD is a lovely smoke I agree but I prefer the Mohan Rams for pain relief and sleep as does my wife, hence I have a couple on the go atm :) 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

yeah i top em all ..bollocks to what people tell me ..do what you need to do ..i need to control height so as soon as first preflowers show ..whip the tip out ..let the sides do their thang ..

autos aint like the old days of lowrider which stunted at the very mention of the word scissors ..people need to try shit fo themselves to find out sometimes ..im that person ..

Looking lovely mate! :yep: I look forward to hearing what you think of the smoke.

Totally agree with you, autos have changed and some of them get very big. I forgot to mention that the Dinafem Cheese is the XXL version. From the reviews I've read she really is a monster and some had no choice but to top her. Both the Cream Mandarin XL and Devil Cream also get big. The Sweet Gelato is the smallest and am not sure if I'll top. I'll see how she goes.

23 hours ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

oh an its a tip top smoke .lovely lovely flavours and quite a heavy indica hit which suits me and my back to front mind ..

That's great to hear, as I defintely prefer an indica stone for medicinal purposes. :yes: The description says it's a pretty even hybrid slightly leaning towards the sativa side but other growers also said it smokes like an indica.

23 hours ago, OldFord said:

@Vapehead   Have you run the standard Cream Mandarin Auto ?    I have not run the XL version yet as i LOVE  the normal , its an amazing flavoursome product, cook it out a tad longer and its awesome :yep:

@vince noir rock n roll star     Im with you on the topping autos , i used to follow the rules until my crazy cat decided to top a few for me and yield wise it increased dramatically and only seemed to be a week or so behind the non topped siblings.     So i now top autos but very gingerly lol   

No, I've never run anything by Sweet Seeds but I had a mate on here who saw by them. She sadly passed away a few years ago from cancer. :( The only Sweet Seeds I have tried is SAD, which was lovely. Am soooo looking forward to running all of these strains and after a 4 year break from this I can hardly wait! I should be ready to set up by next weekend. Roughly after how many days do you all top your autos? 

22 hours ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

had a quick think about this ..i think that because autos originally started out as ruderalis crosses that could explain the lower yields when topped ..now autos are  5-6-7 generations on ..they dont rely on the ruderalis plant except for the hormonal signal of flowering at 21 days ..which is great selective generational breeding .

not just throwing pollen at a few strains and hoping for the best but actually selecting plants for promising traits ,high yields ,quick flower promotion ,size etc ..

The Sweet Seeds website claims that ruderalis only accounts for between 2-4% of these 3 plants' genetic makeup.

Edited by Vapehead
  • Like 3