Sweet Deep Blueberry Juice, or SDG, BC and OJ

Shumroom

48 minutes ago, Intense Nutrients Matt said:

Best of luck with the grow brother have subbed and will keep popping in and having a look how you get on 

All the best mate 

Matt :yep:

Cheers mate 

24 minutes ago, Sid the sloth said:

Sounds like some decent strains there @Shumroom, intrigued to see how the grapefruit turns out so ill be stopping by from time to time.

Good luck 

Good to hear I'm not the only one that wants to know how good this strain is, it should be a good one :v: 

• Like 4

Here's hoping you get the tangie orange juice and not those sneaky skunky impostors I had, weird doesn't do them justice never smelt anything like it!

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Exhale said:

Here's hoping you get the tangie orange juice and not those sneaky skunky impostors I had, weird doesn't do them justice never smelt anything like it!

:v: it's the tangie citrus flavours I'm hoping for. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

:v: it's the tangie citrus flavours I'm hoping for. 

Don't bother growing out the shorter plants then imo I had a big girl and I binned it lol f*****g mistake that was.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Lumatek Zeus 600W Pro

Looking to get this myself so will watch with interest (would be doing so anyway!) 

Best of luck and enjoy mate 

Did the dsg and blue Berry cookies! You'll love them bro. Those dsg are some tall girls so be sure to train them smaller than the cookies. If I remember right the blueberry stretched to double its flip size and the dsg 3x. 

large.IMG_20190713_202517_compress26.jpglarge.20190808_200815_compress86.jpglarge.20190808_200628_compress71.jpg

They definetly outgrew my 2.1m height 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Leafneck said:

Did the dsg and blue Berry cookies! You'll love them bro. Those dsg are some tall girls so be sure to train them smaller than the cookies. If I remember right the blueberry stretched to double its flip size and the dsg 3x. 

large.IMG_20190713_202517_compress26.jpglarge.20190808_200815_compress86.jpglarge.20190808_200628_compress71.jpg

They definetly outgrew my 2.1m height 

Thanks for the stretch information @Leafneck

• Like 4

Alright there @Shumroom

Cracking start, and great strain choices you’ve picked there buddy :yep:

Needless to say I’ll be grabbing a pew for this one.

Take it easy Jj :yinyang:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jibba jabba said:

Alright there @Shumroom

Cracking start, and great strain choices you’ve picked there buddy :yep:

Needless to say I’ll be grabbing a pew for this one.

Take it easy Jj :yinyang:

Great to have you following along. 

Cheers 

:yinyang:

• Like 2

Apologies this time to @Dinafem-Mark, and Dinafem for attempting to rename one of their original strains :upside:

I will be growing 'Sweet Deep Grapefruit', not 'deep sweet grapefruit' as I have in my header. Oops sorry Mark e Dinafem, :fart: brainfart. 

@Joolz or Mark is it possible to change the title of this thread, to 'Sweet Deep Blueberry Juice, or SDG, BC and OJ' ??

Thanks if you can, sorry again if you can't. 

• Like 2

Half way through flower of a sweet deep grapefruit myself lovely plant took training really well. Smells very citrusy/grapefruit and covered in sticky goodness. Hope these do well for you will pull a seat up 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gamekeeper17 said:

Half way through flower of a sweet deep grapefruit myself lovely plant took training really well. Smells very citrusy/grapefruit and covered in sticky goodness. Hope these do well for you will pull a seat up 

Yeah I saw your welcome post @Gamekeeper17 :)

How long did you veg/train before flipping? 

Hope you have a good harvest too :bong:

• Like 1

Update for Monday 14th of September 2020

Sweet Deep Grapefruit 

Orange juice

Blueberry Cookies 

large.image.jpeg

Since breaking above the surface just 2 weeks ago, the seedlings have had a couple of sprays of Multi-mite seaweed extract, diluted at 4ml/l.

I have been rotating the pots daily, as the seedlings keep wanting to turn towards the Highlight 220 which is off to the side and currently running 24/7.

The IP68 waterproof connectors that I've ordered from 'the bay', just arrived today.

I wanna do a proper job, wiring up my 75W Quantum board from @diyleduk.

So I'll have a dimmable light source directly above the little ones, in order to minimise stress on them and so they grow nice and straight, until I tell them otherwise :chains:

On Wednesday I turned the 'Highlight 220' LED light(set to roughly 70W) off for a few hours and gave the seedlings their first spray of @Intense Nutrients 'Go'.

Which is supposed to "speed up plant growth, shorten internodes and prepare plants for flowering",

It "Contains natural plant hormones, sugars and full trace element compliment",

to "DIRECTIONS FOR USE: Ready to use, apply weekly until end of first week of flower".

So we'll se how that goes :eek:

Here's a couple of photos just after(in the dark, with the flash on).

large.IMG_2240.JPG

From above

large.IMG_2238.JPG

As well as the 'go', I have recently purchased some other Intense Nutrients products(I'll soon have almost the whole set :)),

the IN 'Foundation' which, "stimulates the growth of beneficial micro-organisms within your growing medium, making your plant less susceptible to root born pathogens. Having a healthy and rapidly growing root system allows your plant to uptake the maximum amount of nutrition which will result in your plants growing much more vigorously.

This product can be used in conjunction with an organic feeding regime".

The recommended dose is 5ml/l, so because this is not a nutrient, but a food for the soil(It's possibly a combination of mycorrhizae and sugars with maybe some sort of tea infusion), i'm gonna start using this soon.

I have also purchased IN 'Kickstart' which "contains a full compliment of all the micro and macro elements that are crucial for a plants early development".

It recommends the following:

"Pre-soak - add 2ml per litre of water

Rooted plants – add 4ml per litre of water".

Since I already pre-soaked and watered in with 'Orca' liquid mycorrhizae and that they are in either a peat pellet(Orca) or cutting compost, which I think might have been pre-soaked with some fishmix for some weird reason(I had some fishmix that needed to go somewhere, if I recall correctly) ;)  I will not be giving the little ones any of this until they have had quite a few plain waterings first.

A little sliver of information about each strain, from the horses mouth,

with suggested flowering time for each strain.

Sweet Deep Grapefruit, 55-65 days, the most Indica leaning of the bunch at 80% Indica / 20% Sativa

Blueberry Cookies, 55-60 days, sitting somewhere in between 60% Indica / 40% Sativa

Orange Juice, 63-70 days, the most Sativa leaning of these 3 strains at 30% Indica / 70% Sativa

If I time things with veg/bloom correctly, then my other bloom-room should hopefully be available as a drying space, so that I can take each plant when I decide is the optimum time, rather than harvesting the whole lot at the same time :punk:

At the weekend I turned up the Highlight 220 up to 76W after watering the seedlings, just enough plain water with a tiny amount of runoff from each pot(heat from the mat will soon evaporate any excess water).

I forgot I had the Intense Nutrients :doh:

Next time.

And here's how they looked a few hours ago with the QB approx 4" from seedlings at about 15W :thumsup:

large.DSC_0306.JPG

large.DSC_0297.JPG

large.DSC_0295.JPG

large.DSC_0294.JPG

Inkbird temp controller

large.IMG_2262.JPG

I have also turned the Highlight 220 back down a little since installing the quantum board.

Both LED lights combined about 70W.

I'll be keeping a close eye on the seedlings to make sure they don't stretch or burn.

That's pretty much all for this update.

If anyone else else here on UK420 has grown any of these 3 strains, please feel free to pass on any information about your experience :yep:

Text not underlined in bold 'copied and pasted' direct from relevant website/s.

Thanks for reading my ramblings,

until the next update.

Stay safe,

and medicated as required 

Much love goes out to Dinafem _Mark

Edited by Shumroom
Spelling error on first line of text
  • Like 8