Sweet Deep Blueberry Juice, or SDG, BC and OJ

Shumroom

DINAFEM SEEDS

Deep Sweet Grapefruit

Blueberry Cookies

Orange Juice

All to be grown under LED

First things first.

Many many thanks to @Dinafem-Mark for providing the seeds gratis.

Thanks also to Adam @diyleduk and @Diyleduk Craig for supplying lights and exhaust fan.

Tagging in @Intense Nutrients Matt as that's the feed I'll be using.

Seeds

large.IMG_2156.JPG

large.IMG_2163.JPG

large.IMG_2165.JPG

large.IMG_2171.JPG

For any of you who follow my other diary/s,

this will be mostly photos and hard details,

keeping the word count down :D if I can.

I intended to germinate 2 of each variety, in an ideal world.

So on the 26th of August, I began this grow by dropping a couple of seeds of each variety into 3 shot glasses with warm-ish water and a couple of drops of Hydrogen Peroxide 6 percent, for 24hrs then transferred to peat pellets pre soaked with 1ml/l of Great White mycorrhizal liquid in warm(about body temp) water.

The peat pellets went into a propagator with a heat mat, to keep them above 22C, in the(new) Homebox propagator tent, currently on the bottom shelf, about 2 feet(60cm) below, but off to the side under a Highlight 220 LED from Diyleduk.

To begin with I had the draw on the Highlight 220 set to 60W.

I didn't check them for another 24Hrs, when I did I was pleased to see the first signs of life, but I didn't take any photos of them.

After a few days, all but one of the Deep Sweet Grapefruit seeds germinated.

I had hoped to have at least 6 plants, to fill out the 'Secret Jardin DRW150'.

For those of you unfamiliar with the DRW150, it is 150cm x 90cm x 200cm tall, more details about that when we get to that stage :)

On the 30th of August, I put the 3 remaining seeds in to soak for 24hrs as above, then I popped them into some small pots of seed/cutting compost along with some Old Timer PM granules I had lying around.

Then stuck them in the propagator with a heat mat controlled by an Inkbird hc wifi version, set to 24C.

SEEDLINGS

large.IMG_2185.JPG

large.IMG_2186.JPG

large.IMG_2187.JPG

large.IMG_2188.JPG

large.IMG_2189.JPG

large.IMG_2190.JPG

Then I managed to accidentally decapitate one of the OJ seedlings :wanker: when I was sticking a heat mat under a larger plant in the same space, luckily I had already stuck the remaining seeds into shot glasses with warm-ish water and a couple of drops of Hydrogen Peroxide, in order to make up the numbers.

Decapitation shots

large.IMG_2213.JPG

large.IMG_2212.JPG

Steamy windows 

large.IMG_2214.JPG

large.IMG_2219.JPG

A couple of days later and still only 1 of the Deep Sweet Grapefruit seeds has shown any signs of life.

2 of the Orange Juice seeds have survived my handling, but all 3 did germinate.

All 3 of the Blueberry Cookies seedlings have also germinated, so I will stil have a 6/8 plant grow :v:

I'm really excited about this grow, being my first time running Dinafem seeds and the fact that this is all part of my switch from growing under HPS/CMH to LED.

And the first time attempting to run 2 separate flowering areas at the same time, one on at night and the other on during the day.

Please feel free to comment, like and follow along for the ride :yep:

Thanks again to Mark for the opportunity to run this diary(the free seeds).

Sorry about the font size, like I said, I'm excited :fear:

:yinyang:

• Like 15

Good choices on the strains mate Ive been temped by the blueberry cookies recently, the sweet deep grapefruit is gonna go on my list too. Good luck with these I'll pull up a seat

• Like 1

Exciting indeed, I'm excited for you haha. Shame about the decapitation :ohmygod: lol. Great start and I shall be following along!

Good luck! :yep:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, marcjuna said:

Will be following along  best o luck

Thanks @marcjuna

56 minutes ago, UKsFinest said:

Good choices on the strains mate Ive been temped by the blueberry cookies recently, the sweet deep grapefruit is gonna go on my list too. Good luck with these I'll pull up a seat

Yeah thanks @UKsFinest, I nearly went for the Bubba Kush instead of the Blueberry Cookies, but @Dinafem-Markrecommended the Cookies.

I do enjoy most of the blueberry crosses I've tried so:v: 

16 minutes ago, BodhiGarden said:

Exciting indeed, I'm excited for you haha. Shame about the decapitation :ohmygod: lol. Great start and I shall be following along!

Good luck! :yep:

Thanks @BodhiGarden, I nearly got really pissed off with myself until I realised I should get another OJ from the remaining seeds that were already in the soil.

These things will happen from time to time, especially when medicated :)

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Dov1 said:

Looks like a decent challenge! All the best with the grow, ill be following this :)

Nice one @Dov1, the more the merrier :yep:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shumroom said:

run 2 separate flowering areas at the same time, one on at night and the other on during the day.

Could you expand please mon ami? Will you use different flowering lights for the two areas? 

9 hours ago, Life_Obsession said:

Could you expand please mon ami? Will you use different flowering lights for the two areas? 

Thanks for asking @Life_Obsession

One area of about 1.6*1.2*2.4m illuminated by the Lumatek Zeus 600W Pro. Self contained partitioned room within a room. 

And a separate tent Secret Jardin dr150w 150*90*200, in the same room as the partitioned space. Illuminated by up to 2x Highlight 220's and a Par+ 275.

I will run the tent during the daytime and the partitioned space at night, or the other way around, I'm not sure yet. 

Both grow spaces are in the same room. But completely separate from each other. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, npx2020 said:

Looking good mate, defo following this one :yep:

3 hours ago, ursus1000 said:

Wishing you all the best :yep:

2 hours ago, BudJ said:

Looking forward to this one @Shumroom.  Following.  All the best! :yep:

Thanks for the positive vibes :thumsup:

• Like 2

Best of luck with the grow brother have subbed and will keep popping in and having a look how you get on 

All the best mate 

Matt :yep:

• Like 2