dudiii

Hello

i'm first time grower. i want to build soil mix, but im bit confused how much should i mix into the soil, then how much can i put into teas? i have EC meter but i does not found any thread about how tea EC should look like.

What i have:
Plagron Lightmix soil
Fish Hydrolyzate NPK 2-1-1 
Plagron Bat Guano NPK 3-15-4

Blackstrap Molases NK 0.6-2.8 

Kelp Hydrolyzate NPK 1-0,1-21 

Leonardite extract humic/fluvic acid
Botanicare Liquid Karma
Bacillus IT35 Amyloliquefaciens
Volcanic Basalt 
Epsom Salt
Perlite
Root Pouch

Peace

Edited by dudiii
correcting data
  • Like 1

Looks like you're using bottled nutes and soil ammendments. 

I would use one or the other, your bottled nutes will have everything you need so dry amendments aren't required. If you want to build your soil, buy some soil amendments instead. 

26 minutes ago, Nervous said:

Looks like you're using bottled nutes and soil ammendments. 

I would use one or the other, your bottled nutes will have everything you need so dry amendments aren't required. If you want to build your soil, buy some soil amendments instead. 

My bottled stuff is the Molasses, Humic/fluvic acid, and liquid karma.
my plan for nuts for example veg stage, making tea with fish meal + additives.
for flower: guano tea, and kelp + additives. 

What you think?

1 hour ago, dudiii said:

What i have:
Plagron Lightmix soil
Fish Hydrolyzate NPK 2-1-1 
Plagron Bat Guano NPK 3-15-4

Blackstrap Molases NK 0.6-2.8 

Kelp Hydrolyzate NPK 1-0,1-21 

Leonardite extract humic/fluvic acid
Botanicare Liquid Karma
Bacillus IT35 Amyloliquefaciens
Volcanic Basalt 
Epsom Salt
Perlite
Root Pouch

Peace

maybe next time just buy plagron bat mix and it’ll have most the stuff already in it, or house and garden bat special.

its about 1 cup of guano per 6.5 ltr of soil You may need some Dolomite lime as well to neutralise the soil ph (bat mix is prebuffered with lime so it makes sense that the soil would go acidic without it) also buy a ph pen (If you don’t have one) to test the runoff initially To make sure it’s 6.5ph

Edited by Whatwentwrong

52 minutes ago, dudiii said:

My bottled stuff is the Molasses, Humic/fluvic acid, and liquid karma.
my plan for nuts for example veg stage, making tea with fish meal + additives.
for flower: guano tea, and kelp + additives. 

What you think?

I would still advise you to choose one or the other to keep it simple (K.I.S.S.). As per your first post, if you want to "build a soil" go for amendments and drop all the bottles. It's cheaper and less maintenance. It looks like you're trying to do things organically too (might be wrong) but things like liquid karma aren't organic.   

14 minutes ago, Whatwentwrong said:

maybe next time just buy plagron bat mix and it’ll have most the stuff already in it, or house and garden bat special.

its about 1 cup of guano per 6.5 ltr of soil You may need some Dolomite lime as well to neutralise the soil ph (bat mix is prebuffered with lime so it makes sense that the soil would go acidic without it) also buy a ph pen (If you don’t have one) to test the runoff initially To make sure it’s 6.5ph

You don't need to check soil PH. Certainly not the runoff or in organics. 

I seem to remember you making a pretty dramatic statement about catching Covid-19 from smoking outside... 

Are you trolling? 

Edited by Nervous

9 minutes ago, Nervous said:

I would still advise you to choose one or the other to keep it simple (K.I.S.S.). As per your first post, if you want to "build a soil" go for amendments and drop all the bottles. It's cheaper and less maintenance. It looks like you're trying to do things organically too (might be wrong) but things like liquid karma aren't organic.   

You don't need to check soil PH. Certainly not the runoff or in organics. 

I seem to remember you making a pretty dramatic statement about catching Covid-19 from smoking outside... 

Are you trolling? 

read batmix and house and garden bat special descriptions both say they are prebuffered with lime. Once the soil was set I wouldn’t have ph’d it after but there are two sides to the Ph ing soil, they do sell Dolomite lime for treating Ph in soil Don’t they and if both batmix’s have it in (both organic as well) why would you not. Soil ph should be between 6 and 7 shouldn’t it and if you do t put a bit in a pot and test it’s runoff with water how would you know what ph your soil is.

smoking in the cold rain is detrimental to your health and the covid rate is going back up. But really it was just a joke. Basically who would smoke outside when they’re room already stinks of weed from growing it in there, didn’t make sense. May as well start putting filters in spliffs.

12 minutes ago, Nervous said:

Thank You,
i look for more amendments. i have already some: kelp, fish meal, basalt(for neutralizing ph).
as my first research i will need some zeolite. and more maybe.
but i think humic acid, and molasses will be useful, especially for late flowering stage for extra sugars

2 minutes ago, Whatwentwrong said:

read batmix and house and garden bat special descriptions both say they are prebuffered with lime. Once the soil was set I wouldn’t have ph’d it after but there are two sides to the Ph ing soil, they do sell Dolomite lime for treating Ph in soil Don’t they and if both batmix’s have it in (both organic as well) why would you not.

I really don't understand that statment. If they are prebuffered, why would you fiddle with the PH? And...

4 minutes ago, Whatwentwrong said:

Soil ph should be between 6 and 7 shouldn’t it and if you do t put a bit in a pot and test it’s runoff with water how would you know what ph your soil is.

It should but a) you shouldn't ever be getting runoff from organic soil as it just washes out nutrients b) you cannot accurately measure the PH of organic soil (or runoff) and c) the microbes in soil will naturally manage the PH unless you have done something catastrophically wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Whatwentwrong said:

smoking in the cold rain is detrimental to your health and the covid rate is going back up

Bit funny to see someone concerned about the weather and not smoking itself. Smoking is detrimental to your health mate (I'm surprised how often I have to say that on here). If you're that worried about your general health or Covid-19 - stop smoking.

8 minutes ago, Whatwentwrong said:

May as well start putting filters in spliffs.

Some people do, that's their choice. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dudiii said:

Thank You,
i look for more amendments. i have already some: kelp, fish meal, basalt(for neutralizing ph).
as my first research i will need some zeolite. and more maybe.
but i think humic acid, and molasses will be useful, especially for late flowering stage for extra sugars

No probs. 

Basalt is just a slow release mineral product (not for PH), if you're keeping your soil going for multiple cycles then use it - if not then don't bother because it takes yonks to break down and become useable. 

Don't use zeolite. It's trash. 

Just have a read up on what constitutes something being organic before you sink more money in. IMO, if you don't go fully organic ingredients it's not worth using organic ingredients at all. One ingredient can ruin a mix.  

11 minutes ago, Nervous said:

I really don't understand that statment. If they are prebuffered, why would you fiddle with the PH? And...

If he’s making his own soil with light mix and a lot of organic additives it is going to change the ph. When they say pre buffered what they mean is they mixed all the shit together Tested it’s PH and the amended it with lime before bagging and selling it. I don’t see how that is hard for you to understand.

Bit funny to see someone concerned about the weather and not smoking itself. Smoking is detrimental to your health mate (I'm surprised how often I have to say that on here). If you're that worried about your general health or Covid-19 -

smoking weed helps covid 19, google it. But that guy was worried about The health of his plants so was smoking in the rain. How does that make sense.

and as for filtered spliff, that’s just wrong. All the way wrong.

anyway, you’ve hijacked some guys thread simply to say his soil will be the right ph no matter what he adds to it. The list he has provided is huge, to say adding all of that won’t change the soil ph is nonsense, ofcouse it will. So when mixing it all together he will need to check the soul ph. It can go below 6. Also you should test your run off, if you nute mix is 6.5 going in and 5 coming out then you have a problem and will need lime to fix it. Simples

15 minutes ago, Whatwentwrong said:

and as for filtered spliff, that’s just wrong. All the way wrong.

anyway, you’ve hijacked some guys thread simply to say his soil will be the right ph no matter what he adds to it. The list he has provided is huge, to say adding all of that won’t change the soil ph is nonsense, ofcouse it will. So when mixing it all together he will need to check the soul ph. It can go below 6. Also you should test your run off, if you nute mix is 6.5 going in and 5 coming out then you have a problem and will need lime to fix it. Simples

You know at least a couple of members do/have used filters (you're thinking of ciggy filters and haven't considered people might mean something entirely different) and you already made your thoughts clear in another thread so what you're saying now is just redundant. 

I've not hijacked the thread at all. I've given decent advice which the OP seems to have taken up. Most people who grow organically will back me up that my info is correct (not that I need them to). I've already explained why you're completely and utterly wrong and you have ignored it. That's pretty shitty for you as you will never get better at growing if you're married to your ideas. Only other reason why I'd continue to explain would be to stop the OP taking your shite advice (but luckily for all concerned - they have chosen to completely ignore what you're saying anyway). 

Edited by Nervous

19 minutes ago, Nervous said:

You know at least a couple of members do/have used filters (you're thinking of ciggy filters and haven't considered people might mean something entirely different) and you already made your thoughts clear in another thread so what you're saying now is just redundant. 

I've not hijacked the thread at all. I've given decent advice which the OP seems to have taken up. Most people who grow organically will back me up that my info is correct (not that I need them to). I've already explained why you're completely and utterly wrong and you have ignored it. That's pretty shitty for you as you will never get better at growing if you're married to your ideas. Only other reason why I'd continue to explain would be to stop the OP taking your shite advice (but luckily for all concerned - they have chosen to completely ignore what you're saying anyway). 

your an idiot, only word for it. I’ve explained it perfectly. Also, the op has said he had his PH in mind, he has stuff to neutralise his PH. PH is important but if you can’t be arsed with it you won’t improve as a grower.

also you have explained fuck all. All you have said is “you don’t ph soil” which is bull shit. You don’t PH ready soil bought in sack but if your making your own you will need to check it.

anyway, if anyone else who has more than a single brain cell in their head could jump in and offer an opinion instead of this prick it would be very helpful.