Blueberry Cookies LED Grow

trichomehi

Led Tent Update (19 days flowering)

average leaf temp 23c, room temp 23c (heater keeping constant during lights out), humidity 50%, par reading across all 4 plants 1300-1500 umols/m2. Bud sites developing nicely, more fan leaves removed, canopy gets dense very quickly, everything seems to be ticking along nicely, water consumption isn't particularly high 14 days to consume 100lts.

large.5f732f89c1018_ledtent.JPGlarge.5f732f85b146a_ledtent4.JPGflower development

large.5f732f87aba2f_ledtentflower3.JPG

Hps Tents Update (13 days flowering)

Tent A:

leaf temp 23c, room temp 21-23.5c, humidity 49% Par range 1000-1100 umols

large.5f732f80dc21c_cornertent.JPG

Tent B:

Leaf temp 23c, Room temp 22-24c, humidity 50%, Par reading 850-950 umols

large.5f732e143b751_roomtent(3).JPG

• Like 5

Led tent res refill 100lts 

100ml ab grow 

200ml ab bloom 

Cf 1.5

Ph 6.0

Same as above for the hps tents...

• Like 3

On 16/09/2020 at 2:38 PM, trichomehi said:

The plants go into the main tents after being in a nursery room (250 watt cfl, natural air movement), there usually in there for a couple of weeks from seed ( conditions roughly 26c 70% humidity). The biggest problem i have whether its in led tent or trad lighting tent is the transference shock, going from a high humidity to a much lower humidity, plants always go into a droopy looking stage, they pick up after about 10ish days.

Hi mate, when you say "natural air movement" do you mean just the air exchange from opening the nursery room once or twice a day? If so, what I would do is have extraction set up but turned off so you can maintain your high humidity for the seedlings. Then a few days before moving them into the tent, turn the extraction on set to very low. Notch it up a bit daily, thus lowering the humidity steadily until it matches the usual humidity in the tent. This way you won't get the massive transfer shock you're getting now and it won't take the usual 10 days for them to pick up. Hope this helps :) 

@Exhale

I see what you're saying about the spread of leds being better than an HPS but for this comparison you'd need to use a quality parabolic shade for the HPS. If you've never used one they work well :yep: 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jadenugs said:

Hi mate, when you say "natural air movement" do you mean just the air exchange from opening the nursery room once or twice a day? If so, what I would do is have extraction set up but turned off so you can maintain your high humidity for the seedlings. Then a few days before moving them into the tent, turn the extraction on set to very low. Notch it up a bit daily, thus lowering the humidity steadily until it matches the usual humidity in the tent. This way you won't get the massive transfer shock you're getting now and it won't take the usual 10 days for them to pick up. Hope this helps :) 

@Exhale

I see what you're saying about the spread of leds being better than an HPS but for this comparison you'd need to use a quality parabolic shade for the HPS. If you've never used one they work well :yep: 

Your correct of course, but unfortunately it's not possible, i use a small stirrer fan, i started doing this as a pre starter just to start the seedlings before going into tent, then noticed the seedlings seemed to enjoy the enviro so started to experiment, the longest i've kept them in this enviro is a month, by then there quite large plants, the trade off is the shock, the gain is the time i save (a month for 10ish days), and once they pick up they fly, thanks for the comment...

• Like 1

Led tent update (29 days)

Fully into flowering, this is building up to be my best led crop by the look of it, very robust flower development which is deep into the canopy,  trich signs showing also, there giving off a deep powerful stink also. Hum and temps within norms as per previous updates.

large.5f8081fba2a14_ledtent1.jpglarge.5f8081f92c60a_ledtent2.jpg

Hps update (12 days)

Everything looks ok, temp and humidity ok, flower growth on par..

Tent 1.

large.5f8081fe1484c_cornertent1.jpg

Tent 2 

large.5f8081fa552b3_cornertent.jpg

Tent 1

large.5f8081ff6b42f_roomtent1.jpg

tent 2large.5f8081fce872f_roomtent.jpg

Edited by trichomehi
Mixed photos up
  • Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

led tent (51 days)

shortly after last update 30 days the plants seemed to stall a little but they have definitely come back and flower growth is on going, first signs of brown pistells showing but these girls have a minimum of 3wks left. This crop has grown really well flower development at the bottom of plants is as good as hps, which makes me realize that the prior led grows have been poor due to other factors..

large_led3.JPGlarge_led2.JPGlarge_led.JPG

hps tent update (45 days)

funny one this, one tent the plants are slightly suffering due to them stretching and being too close to the the lamp heat (don't have that prob with led), the other the plants just seem to be rather lackluster, as with the led plants these seem to have stalled a little..

tent b

large.5f9d754c2dd97_roomtent2.JPG

tent b

large.5f9d754aecd62_roomtent.JPG

tent a

large.5f9d7543392e3_cornertent2.JPGlarge.5f9d7541ccf2c_cornertent.JPG

plants on a max of cf 1.3 across all tents, temps are within tolerance across all tents as well as humidity, the led tent has humidity levels of 55% with temps 22c so at moment living with the higher %, there doesn't seem to be obvious signs of rot and the buds aren't particularly highly dense.   

• Like 8

When I switched many years ago I noticed I had to be slightly higher feed wise than I used to be. As you see growth can be fast. I’m not sure why your prior grows did not satisfy. It looks like you have things a bit better environmental wise so it could be that .:oldtoker: Looks good so far 

• Like 1