Seeds you had to run again?

Top Shotta

Hi there so thought I would make a topic

What plants have you grown and been so impressed with (Growth/Yield/Smoke quality/etc) That you had to run again

Im aware many people keep mums and use clones if so what plants did you wish you cloned or kept as a mother or even tried to reveg?

So far my favorite plant from my last grow was a Purkle#1 from Real Gorilla Seeds, i had to find a space for it next time :)
Lovely fast growth, loved to be topped, amazing purple colours and a great stone 
Lets hear what yours was and why :)

image0.jpg

Edited by Top Shotta
  • Like 7

I think you might find most people will give you their personal preferences in response to this. All depends on yours! 

If you're looking for a certain characteristic (like flavour profile, strength) then people (or other threads) might be able to suggest a strain which they found a good pheno of matching your specs :)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Nervous said:

I think you might find most people will give you their personal preferences in response to this. All depends on yours! 

If you're looking for a certain characteristic (like flavour profile, strength) then people (or other threads) might be able to suggest a strain which they found a good pheno of matching your specs :)

All i want is peoples personal preferences and reasons to why. Just a fun topic starter and hear about some nice strains. What may not suit my preferences may suit someone else who is reading.

Edited by Top Shotta
  • Like 3

Sweet Zombie by expert seeds, lovely knockout smoke easy to grow and a fast finisher.. only thing is it didn't like being topped and stayed very compact I'm gonna definitely be running it again,

that purkle looks amazing what was the taste and effects like I might have to give it a go.

• Like 2

@UKsFinestI had two phenos one that was finished in 8-9 weeks the other 10-11 and was very deep purple had a hard to describe funk to it almost had an artificial strange smell to it but after a small cure it was deadly, couldn't do much at all but sleep! :D
The other had a more banana bubblegum type of smell and more spear like buds, not as pretty in colour but made up for that in vigour image0.jpg
unknown.png

Edited by Top Shotta
  • Like 13

18 minutes ago, Top Shotta said:

All i want is peoples personal preferences and reasons to why. Just a fun topic starter and hear about some nice strains. What may not suit my preferences may suit someone else who is reading.

In that case: one of my favourites (that you can still buy) was actually Wedding Gelato by RQS. Very potent, smelled great, dense buds. Not an amazing yielder but the other points were more than enough to make up for it. This pheno was 1 in 9 plants. the rest were OK to good.

P.s. mate well done, those buds look fantastic :)  

Edited by Nervous
  • Like 2

OGKZ 

large.sbogkz5.jpg

this is what she looked like after a good cure (all of it looked like this...top to popcorn) large.5e4a8d27888f1_FinishedOGKZ.jpg

I have a pack stashed in the fridge alongside some exotic genetixs fems I’m really unsure about...in fact I may even bust the bitches out....it’s coming close to that time again. :skin_up:

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 15

11 hours ago, Top Shotta said:

@zen-kenHoly moly that is inane, Humbolt seed org? I defo need to get my hands on some of those woah

Tbf (touch wood) @HSO-Mark has always given me the goods to do really good grows....I have had problems with germination on one pack of news(which he replaced straight away) other than that everything I run from them has been golden :skin_up:

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 3

reserva privada - rks ..

many years back i had one pheno from the first pack i ran that was unlike anything else ive ever grown.. a deep salty almost puke like taste that matched the smell 1 to 1. buds that appeared to be more mineral than vegetable. Ran it once since and got fuck all in terms of keepers though..

taste/smell was easily on the level of the exodus cheese cut and uk grapefruit i regularly used. 

actually had people approaching me in raves asking wtf are you smoking 

• Like 3

Reserva Privada Purple Wreck                    growed out a pack of them around 06-07 they were regs back then there was one big purple bitch in there can't even describe the taste or smell but it was funk and even the smallest of toke would put you in a lung lock kept a cut around for several years ran into some bad luck and lost her have grown out I don't know how many of the fems they have now and nothing even close to her 

• Like 3

• 3 years later...
On 29/08/2020 at 6:54 PM, Top Shotta said:

Hi there so thought I would make a topic

What plants have you grown and been so impressed with (Growth/Yield/Smoke quality/etc) That you had to run again

Im aware many people keep mums and use clones if so what plants did you wish you cloned or kept as a mother or even tried to reveg?

So far my favorite plant from my last grow was a Purkle#1 from Real Gorilla Seeds, i had to find a space for it next time :)
Lovely fast growth, loved to be topped, amazing purple colours and a great stone 
Lets hear what yours was and why :)

image0.jpg

Hi mate great thread! I have recently ran Ace Seeds Zamaldelica x kali China fems (2 plants) and a couple more a year ago and they stand out to me amongst some mainly mediocre strains. They have a rare genetic background which is interesting and different to what we are used to growing and smoking. It features many rare and unique Chinese indica and African/Thai sativa genetics which blend together so well to create a lovely end product. They are also a pleasure to grow with little stretch considering the sativa elements. The pheno variety is nice too with each one, as someone tells "like a box of chocolates" with a bit of variation of pleasant surprises. The flavours include mango, orange, carrot, spice, incense, hashish. It is very nice I think and unique compared to anything else. The buzz is a bit different too. It is as described on Ace's page. A feeling of being in "the right place at the right time". Social giving and friendly. Upbeat and an awesome daytime or wake and bake. You can function well but are mashed in a manageable way. Pure spliffs taste great and leave you with a lovely feeling of content. I have eight seeds left and will be growing them sooner rather than later for sure. They are medium height and finish around 65 days. Peace and like I said, great thread pal. 

• Like 3

2005 headband from reserva privada lemon and lime gas that was just excellent in every department. I wish I had a few packs of those to grow again. 

• Like 2