Convince me then...

j0eperry

Installing the firmware is pretty easy iirc I think it was just the standard wismec flashing tool did it quick an easy

Take a backup of the standard firmware just in case tho

Guides however were an issue like I say it someone else who posted their settings in one o the other vape threads that I copied a few weeks back just and i have had the damn thing almost a year now lol

20 minutes ago, McHazy said:

Having said that tho I have seen me slap it onto my cool fire ultra mod and it also works well on standard firmware I found that 10s preheat or so before ye pop the basket in worked better

I'll try the longer preheat and see if that helps.

How tight do you pack the basket?

Bubinga !

Have a skim of this thread m8 

For sur_myevic I would set it up almost as I say there except for adjusting the cold resistance so .....

The mod calculates the temp by monitoring the changing resistance of the Splinter high surface area heater so a good cold resistance reading is essential for the temp control to work.

You need to make sure everything is at room temp when you lock in the resistance

TCR 125 to 165 (145 seems most popliar at the moment but I'd start low and work your way up to find a setting you like) 

45W max power (50w for the Zed) 

Temp set around 185 - 215 ish degrees C

Screen > Contrast 10%

Vaping > Algo > PID enabled

Vaping > Prot - 25s

Vaping > Autofi - enabled  *

Vaping > ATime - infinity   *

Vaping > Modes > Disable everything apart from TC and PW (power)

Interface > Clicks >  2 - PPwr , 3 - Edit , 5 - Off  

From the main screen if you click 3 times to enable edit mode and click down (left) you can choose what's displayed in the slots under the temp so I like to have the mod temp and the live resistance showing.

Clicking 3 times then clicking right from the main screen will let you choose between TC and Power mode too.

The TCR is the rate of change of temp with changing resistance so a higher TCR will mean a higher coil temp (and vice versa) 

The same is true for the resistance so increasing the locked resistance will also increase the coil temp.

With those 2 rules in mind you can use almost any TCR value you like but Increasing the temp by say 5 degrees on-screen may not be 5 degrees in reality.  

The wattage in temp mode is essentially how fast it gets up to temp as the mod will regulate the power the coil to maintain the set temp. Double clicking on the main screen will switch the display to PPwr mode where you can adjust the max wattage. I like 45w as that's more than enough power for me under full load and a lower value means less low battery warnings and eek a little more life out of them.

* Be careful using Autofire (cruise mode) at first 

Only use low wattages cruising in power mode (15 ish) and don't cruise in temp mode until you're sure it works the way you want in normal on demand mode first.

Autofire is enabled by a long click and disabled by any pressing any button

___

Now you've read that, I'd install Arctic Fox :)

It's a more polished package and the PC toolkit makes it easier to update, see what you're doing in the menus, monitor the device .....

And has a 60 second max autofire which I think is about all you really need for a Splinter or a Zed 

Name : Splinter
Power : 45W
Power step : 1W
Mode: Temp Control Setup: PI-Regulator:Enabled P:1850 I:300 (default values)
Coil Material : TCR 125
Temp Step : 1C
Temp Dominant :check

Screen > Appearance > Main screen skin : Foxy
> Regional : degrees C

Controls > Multi Clicks > TC mode fire Button Clicks - 2 Autofire, 3 Edit, 4 Select Profile
If you want to cruise in wattage mode you need to change the VW fire button multi clicks in the same way.

Smart > Off

Advanced > Puf Cut-Off - 60s (this is the autofire and max puff time)
Ryan (RBT) says not to go over 45W with the Splinter so I have the Power Limit set at 60W

____

Try loading with the straw technique (suck it up like a straw) for the fastest extraction and max flavour 

Edited by lildaveham
  • Like 2

On 09/09/2020 at 3:32 PM, Hippie on hill said:

Bubinga !

Have a skim of this thread m8 

Thanks @Hippie on hill

I got my head around sur_myevic yesterday and am now very satisfied with the Splinter V2.

There is just one thing I can't grasp. How are you changing the cold resistance? I found all the other options but this one eluded me.

I want to play with that before trying AF to see which I prefer.

• Like 1

Hold up and fire to enter the menu > use up, down and fire to select  Coils > Manage > TCR 

With TCR highlighted > press fire to highlight the number next to it (that's the resistance) > change the resistance with the up/down buttons, and use the fire button to set the value.

When ever you edit that value manually it will then get locked in (padlock symbol) when you exit that screen.

You can lock and unlock that by clicking fire 3 times on the main screen  > press down to navigate to the resistance > press up to toggle between lock/unlock > fire to exit edit mode.

• Like 2

On 06/09/2020 at 1:34 PM, golf.007 said:

I like the Quartz dish but with it being so small the oil tends to travel up away from the heat so doesn't work as well as the ti. 

:haveadab:

I have the larger sequoia and I have yet to suffer from oil creep. I love both the ti and q buckets. Slightly prefer q but ti easier to clean. And all sai coils fit the sequoia. It's a great bit if kit, esp with the bubbler.....

On 04/09/2020 at 8:58 AM, Absurdist said:

First I've heard of the Sai TAF - did you have to import it?

There is a great guy called Matt who has set up a company dedicated to concentrate vaporisers and associated stuff. If you look for recommended vape supplies you will find him. I have bought quite a bit over last few months since building my rosin press and he is definitely a good guy.

They are also the sole European suppliers for the soon to be released AVS M22 which rumour has it will be the best RDA atomiser on the market. I've my name down in one.....

• Like 1

been using a boundless for the last 3 years, you can pack the chamber with bud or use the cylinder that slots into the main chamber for hash, when i do renew i dont think i will be looking to change.