Convince me then...

j0eperry

Right, I'm basically a joint only toker for the most part....I've had a dabble or two at vaping in the past but always end up coming back to the spliffs. 

Anyway, given a crop or two is expected over the next few months I'll be processing trim and popcorn to different hashes and oils. I'm ideally looking for something portable that I can get a hit or two off when I'm out and about rather than having to disappear for a crafty bifta.

The Storm vape pen and Spirit by storm have both caught my eye for price, portability and versatility. 

Any recommendations or advice before I take the plunge?

Peace :smokin:

• Like 1

For the sake of stealth I went for the Pax 3. It's about as subtle as it gets (even has a stealth mode). 

It's not great at concentrates (does the job though) but is really good for dry bud given it's size. I don't tend to mess with concentrates anyway. 

The one thing that does puzzle me is that they put a bunch of games (like that pattern repeating game) on it that you will instantly be shit at when baked. 

Splinter V2 wi a decent mod and the short stem is actually pretty stealthy when out delivers big tasty hits an go's straight to the heed

I'm in the same boat for a potable jobby. From my research and through friends, I've whittled it down to the PAX2 or Dynavap M 2020 with a few spare bowls.

That's as far as I've got, as I'm not a big fan of using butane 'crack' torches to vape stuff, so it looks like a PAX2. 

Still haven't made the leap yet, but I'm close... :yep:

And I'm vape only since 2015

Yeah the butane thing isn't me for. I'd just a well have a quick rip through a single skinner for that. I liked the look of the different chambers on the storm and the thought of being able to slip a bit of bubble hash in it for the day sounds right up my street. 

Do I need to hit 240c for any reason? If not I might just kit myself out with the storm pen and accessories and add in a glass piece for home

Just save some more money and buy a Storz and Bickle Mighty, had mine for donkeys now and its still excellent. Not very stealthy but no ones what the fuck it is anyway ;):)

Don't think many civilians would associate a vape looking device with weed so not that worried. All got to the more subtle than a king size carrot hanging out the mouth lol

I think the mighty is a bit out of my justifiable price range. I just can't see me switching to a vape full time so it'll only be used a few times a month I would guess....unless I really get on with it.

Portable flower vapes are nice but they don't really hit me hard enough and if your a regular joint toker they will probably leave you feeling unfulfilled and reaching for the skins. If you are planning on making oil I would get a sai taf or something similar for dabs on the go for a satisfying hit.

:haveadab:

• Like 2

@j0eperry Dyna vape and mighty user here.

The dynavape is definitely quicker bowl wise (can be done in like 2/3 mins) the but the mighty is the one. Its so so solid and doesn't smell much at all. 

Bowls take little longer but they are better IMO. Also get a water attachment for them spliff hard hit.

Save up and buy a mighty they're worth it IMO, had mine years now and i wont hesitate to buy another.

if money is the issue just get a crafty, more stealth also. However u will wish u had the battery of mighty as you will love it so much. 

I always thought portable vapes were a bit shit but I did manage to get wasted the other day (pax2) I rammed the oven full and it did the trick very well indeed. I only like the first 2 heat settings though, after that it's getting close to smoking imo. Setting 4 is horrible

I find my Spirit to be ideal for concentrates and oil, with the concentrate chamber it is quick and easy to load (dry sift is perfect) and you get several good hits.

The oil pads are also great and surprisingly clean to use and can absorb a fair bit of oil for those longer walks lol 

The spirit does however require regular cleaning to keep it efficient but this is a simple job with a bit of iso and a few cotton buds.

• Like 1

sapphire is cheap and cheerful ,small compact and hits like a muvverfudger ,.not been able to fault mine yet ..

• Like 3

Another vote for the sapphire here, I love mine.

Only vape I've ever owned though so nothing to compare it too but it works for me :yep:

:yinyang:

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Dodgee said:

Only vape I've ever owned though so nothing to compare it too but it works for me :yep:

:yinyang:

That me wi my splinter never had any other vape but I love it :yep:

Have had a blast on the eldest ones mighty tho it also nice but not exactly stealthy