Convince me then...

j0eperry

I think I'll end up with an xmax starry v3.  From what I can tell it's a rebranded Storm Spirit or vice versa. Comes in at the same price as the sapphire too! Should be able to get some glassware attachments for it and a battery without breaking the bank!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, j0eperry said:

Right, I'm basically a joint only toker for the most part....I've had a dabble or two at vaping in the past but always end up coming back to the spliffs. 

Anyway, given a crop or two is expected over the next few months I'll be processing trim and popcorn to different hashes and oils. I'm ideally looking for something portable that I can get a hit or two off when I'm out and about rather than having to disappear for a crafty bifta.

The Storm vape pen and Spirit by storm have both caught my eye for price, portability and versatility. 

Any recommendations or advice before I take the plunge?

Peace :smokin:

I splashed out on a DaVinci IQ after using my mates (cheap) Black Widow & Mamba vapes & I can honestly say that it was the right decision.

I love it, the build quality is ace & it's got a setting called 'Smart path' which basically starts the oven off at a preset temp then over the course of 10mins keeps raising it slightly which of course releases different parts of the THC & CBD. I paid £140 in a sale but you could probably pick one up for £160 now but I would say it is still worth it.

• Like 1

I've got 2 Dynavap M 2017's and a BLK Nova . Really like all my vapes and haven't used tobacco since having them . The BLK Nova cost me 36 quid and I love it however it takes a while to charge . Really looking forward to trying the Dynavap's  with my induction heater which should be operational next week . Yes the jet lighters can be a bit of a pain but I quite like them when they decide to work . The BLK Nova does not put out much visible vapor but 10 to 15 long tokes and it is pretty awesome . I run it twice with the bowl then refill repeat . 

On 27/08/2020 at 10:49 AM, golf.007 said:

Portable flower vapes are nice but they don't really hit me hard enough and if your a regular joint toker they will probably leave you feeling unfulfilled and reaching for the skins. If you are planning on making oil I would get a sai taf or something similar for dabs on the go for a satisfying hit.

:haveadab:

First I've heard of the Sai TAF - did you have to import it?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, golf.007 said:

@Absurdist, I got minefrom flea bay with a few different coils but the only one I use daily is the ti dish it's just super convenient when out and about. Atb

I was checking them out today, definitely going to get one as I just ordered up a RBT Splinter and a box mod.

Which other coils have you rejected in favour of the Ti dish? 

I've only ever dabbed out of a quartz banger, and have somehow absorbed the idea that dabbing on Ti is in some way undesirable. But when I think about it I can't imagine what would be wrong with it.

• Like 2

I like the Quartz dish but with it being so small the oil tends to travel up away from the heat so doesn't work as well as the ti. You can use the heater from the quartz on the ti dish which I like. The other coils are great and give massive rips and all have their place but with them coming into direct contact with the oil they take a lot more maintenance and have a shorter shelf life. The bucket coils stay clean as they don't come into contact with the oil.

:haveadab:

I have the Source Orb 4, from Source Vapes.

Discreet, Tasty, Controllable, but it's for oil/dabs only, athough I could get an attachment for the battery unit for weed.

Just recently bought a Dynavap,

but I haven't tried it yet :)

I'd love to stop smoking tobacco, but I enjoy smoking joints.

Hopefully  I'll enjoy the Dynavap so much that I'll never look back :v:

:yinyang:

• Like 1

The Divine Tribe Quartz Quest V4 is another good portable dabbing atomizer in the same weight class as the Sai TAF and worth a look if your making a short list of these things. I picked up a bottomless banger and an extension lead for my QQV4 this week which both get 2 thumbs up from me :thumsup: 

Don't buy the knock off bottomless banger from Dhgate tho, as it's too big so you'll need to find some o rings or something to fill the gap, and you don't get the sweet lil matching carb cap that you get with the real thing. 

On 27/08/2020 at 9:26 AM, McHazy said:

Splinter V2 wi a decent mod and the short stem is actually pretty stealthy when out delivers big tasty hits an go's straight to the heed

@McHazy I just got a Splinter V2 with a wismec Rx Gen 3 mod.

Did my first hits last night using 45W, 5s preheat and a slow draw.

Seemed very tasty with cooling or standard mouthpiece. But didn't really toast the herb, or produce big clouds as much as I expected.

Through water I found it disappointing in terms of vapour production compared to my Grasshopper (which is actually working just now for a change) also the herb wasn't that toasted.

I'm aware there is a learning curve and custom firmware to try, but my initial reaction is to be underwhelmed by its performance.

What should i try tonight to improve things? 

Tagging @Hippie on hill too as he seems to be the in house expert!

• Like 1

@Absurdist mine didn't click properly til I got it setup better wi the sur_myevic firmware on my gen 3 I flashed the firmware as soon as I got it 

I tend to use the cruise mode now wi a good 10 sec preheat and get plenty cloud lots o taste get about 6-7 good rips from a bowl and a well toasted abv 

I copied someone else's settings from one o the vape threads cannae mind which one tho

1 minute ago, McHazy said:

@Absurdist mine didn't click properly til I got it setup better wi the sur_myevic firmware on my gen 3 I flashed the firmware as soon as I got it 

I tend to use the cruise mode now wi a good 10 sec preheat and get plenty cloud lots o taste get about 6-7 good rips from a bowl and a well toasted abv 

I copied someone else's settings from one o the vape threads cannae mind which one tho

Cheers

Is there an easy to follow how to guide for firmware installation?

Like without web pages translating from Russian or trawling through threads on FC?

• Like 1

Having said that tho I have seen me slap it onto my cool fire ultra mod and it also works well on standard firmware I found that 10s preheat or so before ye pop the basket in worked better