Sweet Zkittlez Coco Newbie.

Green_bhoy

Day 3 of Flower.

Nursed my sick plant to a healthier state. Was a combination of cold roots, hungry plant and built up salts. I have lost growth during this time but least it's still alive and kicking.

I switched to flower on sunday 20th of September. I had to as the other plant is getting to big and wide for my little tent.

This plant is still on 1.2 - 1.3 ec and on around 5.8ph.

I'll gradually up the ec and see how far she can take it. 

When do you guys exfoliate? My plant is very bushy from top to bottom. Never had a plant so big. I'm used to autos.

large.20200923_180004.jpg

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Green_bhoy said:

When do you guys exfoliate?

Usually in the shower mate :smokin: I quite often defoliate at day 21 when I take cuttings. Maybe a bit along the way as well. Anything not getting light or the bottom third mate. Looks good amigo 

11 hours ago, Life_Obsession said:

Usually in the shower mate :smokin: I quite often defoliate at day 21 when I take cuttings. Maybe a bit along the way as well. Anything not getting light or the bottom third mate. Looks good amigo 

Exfoliate :bangin:.

I'll defoliate the bottom third tonight.

Thanks

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Hello growers.

Been busy few weeks so haven't been able to update often.

I have disconnected the autopot because I was having trouble with the temperatures in the loft. Having the aquarium heater wasnt enough to keep the reservoir warm. The water in the modules eventually gets cold and was having problems. 

Autopots would be great in a room with perfect temperatures. Loft growing is up and down with the weather.

I'm now onto watering the 2 Zkittlez every day. I'm giving them a feed of 5.8 - 6.0ph and an ec of 1.6.

There are on Canna Coco A+B. 

Next time I'll not veg for 6wks.  They are bursting out of the tent and right up to the light. 

They are on day 19 of flower. It will be start of the 3rd week on 11/10/20.

Here is a couple of pictures :thumsup:.

large.20201009_180048.jpglarge.20201009_180833.jpglarge.20201009_182536.jpg

Edited by Green_bhoy
  • Like 6

I have had to cable tie my reflector to the top poles on the tent. It's the highest I'll get. Had to bend and shape the euro reflector. The coverage is ok. I'm hoping the stretch is about finished. I havent noticed much stretch today. It's now for the buds to do there thing.

Canopy temps are around 26-28c

large.20201012_173554.jpglarge.20201012_173531.jpglarge.20201012_173124.jpg

• Like 6

Day 29 of flower.

Giving both plants a feed of 1.6-1.7ec. Tried upping to 1.8 but it was burning the tips on one of the Zkittlez. Been keeping the ph between 5.8-6.0

It's been getting colder now and my canopy temps have not been going over 26.8c. 

What week do these buds will fatten up?

Been used to doing autos many years ago which were 60-70 days from start to finish. Not done a photo period grow in around 8yrs.

Here is a couple of pictures.

large.20201019_180942.jpglarge.20201019_180825.jpglarge.Screenshot_20201019-181630_Galle.jpg

• Like 4

They certainly fattening up now!!!

Great result from 2 little plants!!

Look forward to the next update...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, stu sleeper 20vt said:

They certainly fattening up now!!!

Great result from 2 little plants!!

Look forward to the next update...

Yes there are fattening up. The one on the left has fatter buds. They both smell of citrus fruits. Cant put my finger on the exact smells. Smell lovely thou when I open the tent every day.

With it getting colder the canopy temps were at 22c -22.5c. I'm not sure if this is on the low side. As my reflector is right at the top of the tent I think my extraction is sucking the hot air straight from the bulb. 

I have my 5" ruck fan plugged into my STR fan controller. This has been on full wack through the whole grow. I have now connected my 4" intake fan to the controller aswell and turned both fans down a couple of settings. I will check and see if this brings the canopy temps slightly up.

I read online that in the flowering stage to up the ph to between 6.0-6

2. I have done this.

Will update next sunday :realcool:

• Like 2

Cheers mate ;)

Looking good, thanks for sharing :yep: Not so far from harvest now, hehehe, all the best with it and...

Sweet smokes :oldtoker:

tommy

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sweet Seeds-tommy said:

Cheers mate ;)

Looking good, thanks for sharing :yep: Not so far from harvest now, hehehe, all the best with it and...

Sweet smokes :oldtoker:

tommy

Thanks tommy. Do you know when they put on there most weight?

Sweet Zkittlez is a 70% indica 30% Sat?

First time growing in coco and first time in many years doing a non auto strain. 

Been watering every day but I'm finding that my pots are saturated and really heavy. I know it's best to feed every day but I feel that the pots are not drying a little. I'm considering doing feed every second day.

I'm in 8.5 litre pots and using a 250w Hps. Maybe the light is not strong enough for this size of pots?

Still learning about coco and every day is a school day in this forum :smartass:

Edited by Green_bhoy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jstaff said:

@Green_bhoy looking good in here.

you can water every other day in coco no problem, I’ve been doing that for years.

How you doing Jstaff.

I'm going to do feed > day off > feed.

A day in between without. It's getting crowded in the tent with leafs. What leafs are best to take off?

The top leafs near the buds have plenty of trichomes forming g on them so I wouldn't touch them.

Happy growing! 

6 minutes ago, Jstaff said:

@Green_bhoy I just take off anything that is shading any budsites. 
That water regime will be fine as long as your pots don’t dry out in between.

Good stuff. Will have a look tomorrow when I give them there feed. Will take away or tuck any leafs that are shading the buds.

Cheers!

• Like 1