Sweet Zkittlez Coco Newbie.

Green_bhoy

large.Screenshot_20200824-190855_Gallery.jpglarge.Screenshot_20200824-191118_Gallery.jpglarge.Screenshot_20200824-191349_Gallery.jpgFirst time coco grower. Was a plant magic supreme soil grower a few years back. Jumped on the coco band wagon.

Just a few pictures of Sweet Seed Zkittlez. Got 2 ladies on the go and I'm at day 12 from when they popped there heads. In a Dr60 tent with a 250 Mh for veg. Using a 5 inch ruck with fan controller and 4 inch intake. 

Using 8.5l easy2grow autopots.

Still getting used to coco. I'm using Canna coco with canna nutes.

Rhizotonic.

Coco A+B.

Calmag.

Ph up + down.

Currently giving them a feed of 5.8ph and 0.8Ec.

I'm not sure when to up the Ec and any help would be great from you fellow growers. 

Also my water from tap is 0.2ec and I'm thinking this is soft water so should I start using Calmag?

Here is a couple of pictures. Any help would be great.

• Like 8

Cheers mate!

Thanks for starting this grow diary here in the Sweet Seeds® subforum :yep:

They are looking great so far, congrats. First time with coco is always a big challenge but it seems like you are doing well ;)

Keep it up and sweet smokes! :smoke:

tommy

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sweet Seeds-tommy said:

Cheers mate!

Thanks for starting this grow diary here in the Sweet Seeds® subforum :yep:

They are looking great so far, congrats. First time with coco is always a big challenge but it seems like you are doing well ;)

Keep it up and sweet smokes! :smoke:

tommy

Thanks m8. Grew many sweet seeds strains. Cream caramel auto, jack 47 auto, cream mandarin XL auto, Big devil, mohan ram auto. Plus many more. 

This is my first photoperiod strain. 

Always had great result from Sweet seeds.

• Like 3

Gave the Zkittlez 2 and a bit litres of feed at 6.0ph and an 0.8ec.

Had some runoff and will probably up the ec on the next feed I make up. I'm going to add some calmag as I'm in a soft water area. 

I'm looking forward to connecting the reservoir. Probably start of next week. Will check on bottom of my pots to see if there are any roots showing.

The 2 plants are already starting to smell. :yahoo:

Will get some pictures tomorrow.

Edited by Green_bhoy
  • Like 2

Cheers mate!

The development is very noticeable. Seems like they are enjoying the way you are treating them :yep:

All the best with them and sweet smokes :smoker:

tommy

Thanks tommy.

Noticed roots at the bottom of the 2 pots. I have now filled the reservoir up with 30 litres of feed. Opened the tap and checked that the aquavalve was working. The feed started to fill up the tray and then shut off. 

Feed was as follows:

2ml/L of Rhizotonic.

2ml/L of Canna coc A+B.

Ph 6.0   Ec 1.0

Will now see what these autopots are all about. Hopefully the Zkittlez respond well to me upping the Ec from 0.8. Will check on the ladies tomorrow evening.

• Like 2

large.Screenshot_20200829-153043_Gallery.jpgOn day 17.

Topped both Zkittlez and are still on Ph 6.0 and Ec 1.0. I want to keep these plants short in height. I topped them above the 4th node. Fan leaves are amazingly big. Starting to smell real good. 

Max temps : 28c Min temps : 20c

• Like 5

large.20200830_183735_Easy-Resize_com.jpgNow on day 18.

Things are going well. Started a little LST on the Zkittlez. Going to try spread out the 2 plants. Would like to keep them short but wide. Reservoir is slowly going down. I'll do weekly to 10 day changing of nutes from reservoir.

Noticed little dot on my to plants. Maybe someone could suggest what it would be.

large.20200830_102639_Easy-Resize_com.jpglarge.20200830_102650_Easy-Resize_com.jpg

Will try update as best as I can.

:thumsup:

• Like 4

large.20200831_182607-min.jpglarge.20200831_182553-min.jpgBought an aquarium heater for reservoir and have set it to 20c. Temperatures can get cold in loft during the night. Cold nutes can slow growth. Having the nutes at a nice temperature will hopefully boost the Zkittlez.

Temps max: 30c

Temps min: 22c

Checked ph in reservoir. It's at 5.8ph  Ec 1.0

• Like 6

Nice work mate,

All very interesting, thanks for sharing.

Don't worry about the dots. These are minimal and could have been caused by any random isolated situation, probably heat related.

Keep it up and sweet smokes :smoke:

tommy

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sweet Seeds-tommy said:

Nice work mate,

All very interesting, thanks for sharing.

Don't worry about the dots. These are minimal and could have been caused by any random isolated situation, probably heat related.

Keep it up and sweet smokes :smoke:

tommy

Thanks for the reply tommy. I'm loving these Zkittlez. I love bending and training these ladies. Going to try get as many bud sites to fill my small tent.

Checked the reservoir today and they seem to have drank more feed. Maybe this is due to the aquarium heater set at 20c. Or could be that they are growing well.

All the best :yep:

• Like 3

Day 23 Veg.

Just done a water change in the reservoir. Fresh nutes with 30 litres of tap water. Feed was.

2ml/L Rhizotonic.

2.5ml/L Coco A+B.

Ph 5.8     Ec 1.1

Upped Ec from 1.0 to 1.1

Will see how they respond.

large.20200904_185418_Easy-Resize_com.jpglarge.20200904_185444_Easy-Resize_com.jpglarge.20200904_185920_Easy-Resize_com.jpg

• Like 4

Day 26 Veg.

Checked reservoir and its Ph 6.0 and Ec 1.2.

Temps in tent was.

Max: 28.1c      Min: 20.2c

Still bending and tying daily. Trying to get some bud sites around the edge so I can get some to grow upwards in the middle. When that happens and its fairly even i will then switch to flowering. Will maybe get a cutting from both Zkittlez. 

Opening the tent gives out a lovely stinky smell. These are going to knockout in flower. 

large.20200907_190618_Easy-Resize_com.jpglarge.20200907_190426_Easy-Resize_com.jpglarge.20200907_190241_Easy-Resize_com.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Small update.

Day 35 veg. Ran into small problem with one of the Zkittlez.

Here is link to the post on the sick plants.

My other plant has thrived compared to the sick plant.

large.20200916_180058.jpg

• Like 1