New grower - bud Rot :( ?

gmantheman

2 hours ago, Wacky Wardrobe said:

I suspect the number of spores is irrelevant myself.

I remember reading about potato blight (another fungal infection) and learned about the "Smith Period".

From Wikpediai:

" A Smith Period is at least two consecutive days where min temperature is 10 °C (50 °F) or above and on each day at least 11 hours when the relative humidity is greater than 90%. "

And the Beaumont Period:

" A Beaumont Period is a period of 48 consecutive hours, in at least 46 of which the hourly readings of temperature and relative humidity at a given place have not been less than 10 °C (50 °F) and 75%, respectively. "

I suspect botrytis works on much the same basis. You only need one spore and the right conditions and bingo...!!

And those spores are probably around pretty much all the time.

I reckon the Hutton period has replaced the Smith period as the better indicator of blight?

On 08/08/2020 at 6:21 PM, iShouldCoCo said:

You want to be spotting it a few days before that brown/furry stage if you want to salvage something. Have a look at these from my current grow (now chopped and cooking in the loft):

large.DSC02838-edit.jpglarge.DSC02839-edit.jpglarge.DSC02840-edit.jpglarge.DSC02848-edit.jpg

And from a previous grow:

large.DSC_2733-edit.JPGlarge.budrot-edit.jpg

Perfect way to show me thanks a bunch mate! 

Hoepfully a load others find this useful too

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ItsDankUpNorth said:

Perfect way to show me thanks a bunch mate! 

Hoepfully a load others find this useful too

No worries! I hope I managed to save somebody some crop with the effort I went to to photograph and publish those... it REALLY sucks having to compost buds that you have been looking forward to for weeks :(

The main thing you want to look out for is sudden leaf discolouration in your sugar leaves (not gradual like from overfeeding or heat stress). This, sadly, is potentially a sign that you have botrytis mycelium (the fluffy white candyfloss stuff in my pic) inside the bud. Giving the discoloured leaf a tug will find it come out with no resistance if your worst fears are confirmed.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, iShouldCoCo said:

No worries! I hope I managed to save somebody some crop with the effort I went to to photograph and publish those... it REALLY sucks having to compost buds that you have been looking forward to for weeks :(

The main thing you want to look out for is sudden leaf discolouration in your sugar leaves (not gradual like from overfeeding or heat stress). This, sadly, is potentially a sign that you have botrytis mycelium (the fluffy white candyfloss stuff in my pic) inside the bud. Giving the discoloured leaf a tug will find it come out with no resistance if your worst fears are confirmed.

Big up ya self bro

• Like 1