One feed for all

SYZYGY

6 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

I was looking at the nutriculture food and drain tables

My mind kept going to flood & drain as my veg tent is already raised on wooden table, perfect for a tank underneath. That said, I really do want to try using the same feed throughout so having a separate a res (and mix) to look after seems counterproductive to that end. 

I'll be sticking a Danish tray in the veg tent though to deal with run-off for now, letting gravity take it through a waste pipe to my collection bucket. It should be pretty easy then to implement any auto-feeding method in future. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2020 at 11:18 AM, lasouris said:

It's been a while since I ran Canna in coco ,I found them usually to be hungry in veg. How do you run your Canna is there anything you add etc?:spliff:

i run canna coco pro...along side 20% perlite + 20% vermiculite in my final pots,i`ll be potting up 4 recruits this coming week from half litre pots into 11 litre pots,im just waiting a few days for them to set a few more roots.  :crybaby:   i grow my dope by reading the plants feed charts are a pure waste of energy...   there`s no 2 canna plants out there that eat the same,trust me i grown a couple. lol    sorry . :beer:

Edited by thekingofobsolete
ash on my brand new keyboard ffs .... my mrs will kill me
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, thekingofobsolete said:

there`s no 2 canna plants out there that eat the same,trust me i grown a couple.

And here's me feeding an entire bloom tent of seed plants from different strains the same feed without issue.

Plants aren't as different as you might think otherwise you'd need all sorts of different strength compost depending on the plant.

It's the reason why 95% of plants will be happy and green in a full strength multi purpose compost. 

Do you really feed your plants such different ec levels? 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

And here's me feeding an entire bloom tent of seed plants from different strains the same feed without issue.

Plants aren't as different as you might think otherwise you'd need all sorts of different strength compost depending on the plant.

It's the reason why 95% of plants will be happy and green in a full strength multi purpose compost. 

Do you really feed your plants such different ec levels? 

oooops my bad i wasnt talking soil / compost bach...i was talking soiless mix. :skin_up:  + yes i do feed my different strains different cf`s.....  i grow by eyeball not gadgets see  :beer:

13 hours ago, McHazy said:

@blackpoolbouncer Ach be fair man yosser come a long way since the tomorite days :yep:lol

i`ll tell ewe this bach...i`ll have the best livers in the village come chrimbo... lol

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Did the OP ever come up with a solution to this one feed for all dilemma? I’m interested which nutes were best across the board. 

currently hand watering using euro bloom ‘organic’ minerals, and although great results, these nutes are rubbish in the reservoir (they go frothy and weird after 3 days), so looking for stable reservoir nutrients to make life easier. :yep:

• Like 1

@Slippy One

Vegplusbloom is designed to be a all in one feed with everything you need in the base mix. Buddhas tree could be a good choice too with only 3 or 4 components to the whole range. With buddhas you could mix a stock tank of base feed, solar green power (silica) and meta boost and then use this for veg, take some out for younger plants and water it down a bit or for flowering plants take some out and add the appropriate amount of the flowering additive you need for that stage of growth (flowerburst up to week3 then pk9/18 upto week 6 or 7).

Vegplusbloom would probably be the easiest though it's a powdered feed and is supposed to have everything needed for all stages of growth all in the one powder.

Never done 1 feed for all but can do a full coco grow with only 2. 

500ppm/ 1ec worth of Calmag (50ppm), veg nutes(400-450ppm)and scillica (30ppm) for rooted seedlings/clones untill bloom.

Then just switch the veg nutes for bloom nutes, stop the scillica and carry on. 

Not strong enough to burn a rooted seedling but still plenty to finish a grow of average sized, 3-5oz plants. 

Obviously need more if they're a bit bigger and the Calmag is dependant on your water supply. 

As a general rule though it's pretty hard to go far wrong with 1ec/500ppm.