PM Old Timer Bloom

BudJ

Just received my organix. Love the bottles. It’s the one thing that I liked about Canna Terra when I used it back what, 25years ago now.

46 minutes ago, BudJ said:

Sounds like you would benefit from moving away from PM if it’s every grow mate.

Bad leaves are kinda my signature tune now:) the buds turn out fine. I'm also pretty sure from experience that bloom with occasional calmag works fine for me in general and my various issues are pilot error but the next grow will reveal more, as always. Apart from a little boost near the end it's the only thing I feed them.

I will be trying something else when the bottle runs out but that's a year away at least. Until then this works well enough. It's just plant food to me. Whatever changed, changed before my time.

I thought lack of cal and mag was a feature rather than a bug too. You don't need much calmag to make it a complete non-issue and I like controlling it separately.

Good luck with your grow whatever you feed them:smokin:

• Like 1

I too used PM softwater oldtimers for years & noticed when I got a new delivery something had changed as the feed was a lot thinner,

Im in a soft water area & always suffered for the lack of calcium but it was managable, with the new mix, it led to problem after problem,

I eventually ditched it for Biobizz grow & bloom & all the grows since have been a lot better. I know a lot of folk use fishmix, but I was

hesitant on trying it because of the smell & if I spilled it on a carpet, would the carpet be fucked  lol

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am trying biobizz next  after a hydro coco run that has been good but no better than the organic soil i have done for years. 

I used pm for years with ro and always got nice enough buds but always always always found myself lost at points of the grow deciding how to deal with the leaves. Cal Mag never seemed to sort it although i never tried using it every water. 

I am hoping biobizz sorts it out as others have said. Intense sounds tempting too though. Either way pm definitely has a issue and the fruits were good but the headaches wondering what to feed next were not so im out

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 11:33 PM, Joint hogger said:

if I spilled it on a carpet, would the carpet be fucked  lol

I've spilt it on the carpet a good few times (cream wool carpet) when I used to use it, can't see any trace of it. I do have a carpet cleaner though.

• 3 months later...

The new bottle is definitely shite seems like it's watered down, I ran out of my last bottle I bought back in 2016 a week or so ago bought a new one feeding the same strength I always have and my plants are not happy at all I'm having to work out what strength to feed on the fly it's a pain in the arse everything was going so smoothly with this grow as well. There's always something that fucks me over.

Might have to give intense a look, they seem to be the one at the moment.

Just to offer a difference experience.. A mate did his first grow recently. Used growmore mp from a pound shop and a bottle of ot bloom. Under an hlg 288 v2 r-spec he got just under 9oz, ~1gpw.

I don't doubt you can get good results using it all I'm saying is I have a night and day comparison between the old formulation and the new one. There's no question that it has changed for the worse and it's caused me an issue with my grow that has been absolutely on point up until the point I started using the new bottle. It's a shame.

I just wanted to put that here as there is a lot of hearsay on grow forums that I don't think helps anyone. The old gloopy stuff was way better though agreed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, uBercaMeL said:

I just wanted to put that here as there is a lot of hearsay on grow forums that I don't think helps anyone. The old gloopy stuff was way better though agreed.

Aye but it's a value for money thing for me the price has actually gone up from ~£10 to ~£13 a bottle (probably inflation) but it's only going to last me half as long with the amount I'm going to get through at this rate.

They've definitely burnt a loyal customer unfortunately.