PM Old Timer Bloom

BudJ

7 hours ago, ~nobody~ said:

How far in are you?

It’s a multi strain grow all put in at different times. I have a cookies kush that is almost finished, been on water a week and all is fine. The others are at various weeks and doing great. I’ve not had any problems with organics since I stopped using the boosters. I’m also getting better yields now too. Go figure :yinyang:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wag said:

It’s a multi strain grow all put in at different times. I have a cookies kush that is almost finished, been on water a week and all is fine. The others are at various weeks and doing great. I’ve not had any problems with organics since I stopped using the boosters. I’m also getting better yields now too. Go figure :yinyang:

@Wag Do you know if you're in a hard or soft water area?  I've read it could be soft water with OT Bloom causing issues due to lack of cal & mag.

1 hour ago, BudJ said:

@Wag Do you know if you're in a hard or soft water area?  I've read it could be soft water with OT Bloom causing issues due to lack of cal & mag.

Hard as nails my water mate, I stand it for a couple of days before I use it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wag said:

This is the difference with old-timer bloom, I'm in soft-medium hardness and all my plants are starting to show the usual symptoms from the last time I used it, glad I'm fucking it off after this grow. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wag said:

Ahaaa, I think we’ve nailed it. My water is soft as shite so I’m not taking the chance.

Someone will be here shortly to say they’re in a soft water area using OT Bloom and no issues :)

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, BudJ said:

Ahaaa, I think we’ve nailed it. My water is soft as shite so I’m not taking the chance.

Someone will be here shortly to say they’re in a soft water area using OT Bloom and no issues :)

that would be me loool this was my last grow using old timers and soft water lol

large.20200514_090324.jpg

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, miserydrift said:

that would be me loool this was my last grow using old timers and soft water lol

I knew it :rofl:  

Did you use anything else during flower or just OT Bloom?  

52 minutes ago, miserydrift said:

just bloom and vitalink calmag bud

So that's why you've managed in soft water because of the cal mag :wallbash:

• Like 4

Those plants above just look underfed generally tbh (not lack of cal/mag as much as NP&K, mostly N), some nice looking buds regardless though.

The consensus, I spose, regarding OTB formula changing was two or threefold as I remember it. First they changed the molasses source (the initial stuff was thicker and more microbially desirable, the bottles were fermenting and leaking), then it went from a 'hard water formula' (lower cal & mag & other alkalinity, not intentionally as much as it was made in and for Bristol water, which is hard with an extra R) to a general formula for the cornish, welsh & northern folks that had problems which could have actually just been caused by lack of alkalinity as much as lack of cal&mag (the old formula brought ph down further, below 6 in softwater areas). This formula change reportedly helped the softwater peeps but in hardwater seemed to make the line between underfeeding and overfeeding much finer. Then they sold to nutriculture, but it seemed the same after as before (prone to early yellowing). If you let them get remotely N hungry (either by switching too early from grow feeds, or just not feeding high enough to supply adequate N) they just spend the whole bloom period getting more and more yellow. I usually got pretty hit or miss results in compost though which I why I use coco now lol so what do I know..

• Like 4

My pal just did a run with OT nutes - he normally run's coco. Plants had no issues - were all nice and green. Our water is pretty hard here. Only thing let it down was yield - his coco plants are normally twice the size :unsure: He isn't gonna use it again lol 

4 hours ago, BudJ said:

Nope. Big mag def first grow. I thought it was my fault for not giving the plant any magnesium and I still do. If it had been working perfectly for a while and I got blindsided by changes that made it worse for me it would be a different story.

I've only ever used PM and usually have terrible-looking leaves but I don't think the two are connected. I've only just remembered to shake the bottle months after buying it which probably doesn't help.

49 minutes ago, mister phlegm said:

Nope. Big mag def first grow. I thought it was my fault for not giving the plant any magnesium and I still do. If it had been working perfectly for a while and I got blindsided by changes that made it worse for me it would be a different story.

I've only ever used PM and usually have terrible-looking leaves but I don't think the two are connected. I've only just remembered to shake the bottle months after buying it which probably doesn't help.

Sounds like you would benefit from moving away from PM if it’s every grow mate.

2 hours ago, uBercaMeL said:

Those plants above just look underfed generally tbh (not lack of cal/mag as much as NP&K, mostly N), some nice looking buds regardless though.

The consensus, I spose, regarding OTB formula changing was two or threefold as I remember it. First they changed the molasses source (the initial stuff was thicker and more microbially desirable, the bottles were fermenting and leaking), then it went from a 'hard water formula' (lower cal & mag & other alkalinity, not intentionally as much as it was made in and for Bristol water, which is hard with an extra R) to a general formula for the cornish, welsh & northern folks that had problems which could have actually just been caused by lack of alkalinity as much as lack of cal&mag (the old formula brought ph down further, below 6 in softwater areas). This formula change reportedly helped the softwater peeps but in hardwater seemed to make the line between underfeeding and overfeeding much finer. Then they sold to nutriculture, but it seemed the same after as before (prone to early yellowing). If you let them get remotely N hungry (either by switching too early from grow feeds, or just not feeding high enough to supply adequate N) they just spend the whole bloom period getting more and more yellow. I usually got pretty hit or miss results in compost though which I why I use coco now lol so what do I know..

that pick was taken the day before chop hence looking underfed