Quantum boards, The Possibilities Are Endless, Please Help

MindSoup

1 minute ago, FunkyJazzJesus said:

Well its mostly designed by me. I built all the heatsinks, cut the metal etc.

Its got 4x 3500k 308xt boards. 2x deep blue osram arrays. 4x osram ssl hyper red and blue. and 1x far red osram array.

The colour is a seperate circuit from the white boards. 2 drivers. which are dimmable aye. MeanWell HLG drivers.

Absolute beast, you must get some serious buds with that beauty. I'm still struggling to find a DIY solution that matches my needs and is cheaper enough to make the effort worth it, for 120 the invisible sun ISH100 BR looks to be the most economic option that's available right now and is a trustworthy quality. I'm gunna get it ordered, I'll report back

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Absolute beast, you must get some serious buds with that beauty. I'm still struggling to find a DIY solution that matches my needs and is cheaper enough to make the effort worth it, for 120 the invisible sun ISH100 BR looks to be the most economic option that's available right now and is a trustworthy quality. I'm gunna get it ordered, I'll report back

You could get a single 308xt which is 99 euro and get hlg 150-42a driver which is about 40 quid. thats 150w for ya.

Or you could go for the compact 308 which is 70 euro with the same driver, its just a smaller board has the same output as that larger one.

Edited by FunkyJazzJesus

Shame you seem only a few cm short of being able to fit a h strip in. Don’t think you could even angle diagonally with that width. 

Another option would be a 100w cmh bulb and ballast. Should be able to get both for under a 50 or even make your own fixture with some led household bulbs for around the same money. 

Thanks for all the input guys, I went for the invisible sun ish100br, I just couldn't get my head round piecing the bits together, and for the price I payed knowing it will all plug amd play and has a dimmer etc I think it's a good price. I'm only just now starting out indoor so I've already got a lot of learning to do without trying to build my own kit, maybe save that for the future when I want to scale up. For my dinky little space it should be more than enough.

It seems with larger lights DIYing makes for big savings so will definitely be revisiting in the future.

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2020 at 9:08 AM, MindSoup said:

It seems with larger lights DIYing makes for big savings so will definitely be revisiting in the future.

sorry for "intruding" this post but I was wondering how're getting on with that quantom board?

I was also wondering if anyone would be able to advise between this board, the spiderfarmer 1000 and  VIPARSPECTRA 600. I am on an incredible tight budget :(

So I ended up with the 110 watt invisible sun panel, I have to say so far it great, runs super cool, kicks out sone serious light and has a buikt in dimmer. All looks to be great quality and I'm really happy with it, I was tempted by the generic chinese market place boards but I'm glad I payed extra even if just for peace of mind.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 03/09/2020 at 9:08 AM, MindSoup said:

So I ended up with the 110 watt invisible sun panel, I have to say so far it great, runs super cool, kicks out sone serious light and has a buikt in dimmer. All looks to be great quality and I'm really happy with it, I was tempted by the generic chinese market place boards but I'm glad I payed extra even if just for peace of mind.

How you getting on with this mate iv got the r variant bought it after my last bulbs were past there best and the results with this are looking and tasting quite nice 

14 hours ago, mr88hutchinson said:

How you getting on with this mate iv got the r variant bought it after my last bulbs were past there best and the results with this are looking and tasting quite nice 

So far so good mate. Very nice looking well built bits of kit, I've had it running about 8 weeks so far and its been faultess, I have every faith it will stand the test of time. Heres my little kosher kush at about 5 weeks currently basking in its glory. Check out my diary if your keen (getting kinky with kosher kush)

large.1_IMG_20201008_142618.jpg

• Like 3