Quantum boards, The Possibilities Are Endless, Please Help

MindSoup

Hey guys, been scouring and spamming this section recently.

I was planning on getting a qx75 board for my new micro grow, but they are all sold out and wont be back in stock for a while yet. So I've been looking for alternatives, mostly from ali xpress and "ali hairdesser". I am however getting lost amongst the thousands of options and crap descriptions. I want a 70-120 watt light that comes with all the kit, i.e. driver, heat sink, dimmer etc, well anything  at least 75watt that's about 30cmx30cm and preferably a similar price or less to the qx75 (about 80 quid delivered iirc) could anyone help me out ? I know we cant post links, but copy and paste the entire description or the listing/item number? can we send each other links over pm? happy to order the bits separately if you can help me find them and it saves money. 

If you want to avoid getting lost in all the sales pitches and researching product BINS used, it would be easier to build yourself a 75-150w fixture to match the QX series.

You can build a 75w strip for 80£ easy.. upgrade for some Samsung LM301B strips and your not far off.

Edited by stickyblack
  • Like 1

are the £30 scope v2 strips sold out too? would be easy to pair a driver and heatsink for 1 of them. what sort of height you got to play with? 

ive 

7 hours ago, stickyblack said:

If you want to avoid getting lost in all the sales pitches and researching product BINS used, it would be easier to build yourself a 75-150w fixture to match the QX series.

You can build a 75w strip for 80£ easy.. upgrade for some Samsung LM301B strips and your not far off.

That looks the ticket mate, I'll have a look through it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, highcontrast said:

are the £30 scope v2 strips sold out too? would be easy to pair a driver and heatsink for 1 of them. what sort of height you got to play with? 

Yeah sold out as well, pretty much everything is at the moment, I think they are having some supply issues. 

@MindSoup Digikey have the Samsung strips in stock inc the horticulture strips.

I ordered my Drivers from them for my scope strips and it took 3 days.

• Like 1

Maybe try the company my veg boards made by in Germany . Google Ledtedh Zeus and you should be finding their own versions designed and built by them . Nothing to do with Lumatech ze Germans used “Zeus “ before can’t copyright a gods name lol 

Edited by Arthur Mix
  • Like 3

I've been looking on digi key, quite a confusing website eh.

ok mate ill google them cheers

what about the old mars hydro t600? are they a bit out dated ? 

7 hours ago, highcontrast said:

what sort of height you got to play with? 

75 cm from top to bottom 35 wide 55 deep so pretty micro

@MindSoup

Samsung H influx 

3000K (SL-B8V4N90LAWW)

3500K (SL-B8U4N90LAWW)

4000K (SL-B8T4N90LAWW)

5000K (SL-B8R4N90LAWW)

Samsung horticulture 

5150k SL-B8R5C9H2AWW

• Like 1

All those numbers and letters sends me in a spin haha, sets of my ADHD something rotten, bit too much for my brain to take in, just been going round in circles trying to work out the diy route. I've been recommended the ish100br from invisible sun, at 120 its a wee bit deerer than the qx75 but you get 45 more watts so if i ever get a slightly bigger cupboard it should still be useful to me.

I'm still tempted to have a go at building one but ideally it would be like a kit with all the bits or something, like a grow light Airfix lol trying to scroll through all those options will take me weeks before i get it all worked out and then it will probably still be wrong.

1 hour ago, Arthur Mix said:

Maybe try the company my veg boards made by in Germany . Google Ledtedh Zeus and you should be finding their own versions designed and built by them . Nothing to do with Lumatech ze Germans used “Zeus “ before can’t copyright a gods name lol 

colourled.jpgwhiteled.jpg

I built this with their boards.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, FunkyJazzJesus said:

colourled.jpgwhiteled.jpg

I built this with their boards.

That looks hectic mate, maybe a quarter of that would suit me, what bits did you use ? is it dimable? 

Edited by MindSoup
Spelling

32 minutes ago, ~Sanctuary~ said:

@MindSoup

Samsung H influx 

3000K (SL-B8V4N90LAWW)

3500K (SL-B8U4N90LAWW)

4000K (SL-B8T4N90LAWW)

5000K (SL-B8R4N90LAWW)

Samsung horticulture 

5150k SL-B8R5C9H2AWW

All those boards would be too long, I think I'm gunna give the invisible sun a bash.

Just now, MindSoup said:

That looks hectic mate, maybe a quarter of that would suit me, what bits did you use ? is it dimable? 

Well its mostly designed by me. I built all the heatsinks, cut the metal etc.

Its got 4x 3500k 308xt boards. 2x deep blue osram arrays. 4x osram ssl hyper red and blue. and 1x far red osram array.

The colour is a seperate circuit from the white boards. 2 drivers. which are dimmable aye. MeanWell HLG drivers.

• Like 5