Sweet Seeds CBD Grow

Larry Badgeley

needs more grow deffo. i would be on like 2ml grow 3ml bloom at this stage in flower at least.

the yellow leafs wont grow back green. but it will stop it spreading. also seaweed extract is great in soil for keeping the girls green all through flower. it also helps with cold stress a little too. 

all the best for the rest of the grow, :yinyang:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smokie1 b c f c said:

needs more grow deffo. i would be on like 2ml grow 3ml bloom at this stage in flower at least.

the yellow leafs wont grow back green. but it will stop it spreading. also seaweed extract is great in soil for keeping the girls green all through flower. it also helps with cold stress a little too. 

all the best for the rest of the grow, :yinyang:

Interesting Smokie. I have always followed OT's feeding chart. Maybe I'll have to look back on my diaries to see. I have some Seaweed Extract. What would you suggest per ltr?

Thanks for dropping by.

ETA: The last few grows I added 2ml Grow and 3ml Bloom at week 4. Maybe I'll take your advice from next watering?

Edited by Larry Badgeley
  • Like 2

yeah give them 2ml per liter of seaweed extract, next few feeds on top of a little more grow

i have used bio bizz for years, and i have found that the new stuff aint as strong as it used to be, a few on here are on like 4/ 5ml grow plus the same bloom come late flower. 

i too have noticed i need more per liter this year. some girls are just grow hungry bitches tho and need lots more grow per liter, i grow multistrain grows in a tent, so im allways feeding different amounts per plant, :yep:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Larry Badgeley said:

@smokie1 b c f c. Appreciate it man. Yes maybe they need a little more feed. 

no probs my friend. that's what uk420 is all about, helping each other grow the best percy possible :yep:

i see your in 11l square pots, i use the same ones and the 6.5l squares too,

one other thing il say is when you get into flowering, the nutes that was in the soil already when brought, will be all or mostly used up, i see this all the time, i veg my girls for a good 10 weeks to get big bushy moma's, and all through veg i just feed seaweed extract, and also spray them with 2ml per liter of s/w, and spray them as much as possible in veg. then i flip to flower and about 3/ 4 weeks in they start to yellow as the nitrogen in the soil has been used up so the plants feeding on its self, giving yellow leafs. so now i just go from 1ml grow to 2ml grow at the start of flowering, to help with the stretch phase/ i,e the first 2 weeks of flower, the stretch phase takes up allot of nitrogen. so by the time you hit 2 weeks in, there needing more nitrogen than bloom. if they start to yellow then 2/ 3 weeks into 12/12, you know to up the grow to 3ml per liter. personally i say that 2ml is the sweet spot for early flower, unless you have a hungry hybrid or 2, ive seen them get 6ml grow 5ml bloom and still want more its madness, this bio bizz is deffo not as strong as the past 10 years. i know the same happen'd with plant magic ot1 nutes i used to use there ot grow and bloom when it first came out. because of the yellowing i was getting using bio bizz, then after a few years they changed the formula so it went weak like bio bizz, so back to bio bizz i went. lol 

all the best with the grow, they will still finish with a nice smoke, just up that grow to 2ml and chuck some seaweed extract in. 

next grow use the seaweed extract through flower, once per week i drop it in, unless they look yellow a little then il chuck it in every mix up/ feed.:skin_up:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smokie1 b c f c said:

no probs my friend. that's what uk420 is all about, helping each other grow the best percy possible :yep:

i see your in 11l square pots, i use the same ones and the 6.5l squares too,

one other thing il say is when you get into flowering, the nutes that was in the soil already when brought, will be all or mostly used up, i see this all the time, i veg my girls for a good 10 weeks to get big bushy moma's, and all through veg i just feed seaweed extract, and also spray them with 2ml per liter of s/w, and spray them as much as possible in veg. then i flip to flower and about 3/ 4 weeks in they start to yellow as the nitrogen in the soil has been used up so the plants feeding on its self, giving yellow leafs. so now i just go from 1ml grow to 2ml grow at the start of flowering, to help with the stretch phase/ i,e the first 2 weeks of flower, the stretch phase takes up allot of nitrogen. so by the time you hit 2 weeks in, there needing more nitrogen than bloom. if they start to yellow then 2/ 3 weeks into 12/12, you know to up the grow to 3ml per liter. personally i say that 2ml is the sweet spot for early flower, unless you have a hungry hybrid or 2, ive seen them get 6ml grow 5ml bloom and still want more its madness, this bio bizz is deffo not as strong as the past 10 years. i know the same happen'd with plant magic ot1 nutes i used to use there ot grow and bloom when it first came out. because of the yellowing i was getting using bio bizz, then after a few years they changed the formula so it went weak like bio bizz, so back to bio bizz i went. lol 

all the best with the grow, they will still finish with a nice smoke, just up that grow to 2ml and chuck some seaweed extract in. 

next grow use the seaweed extract through flower, once per week i drop it in, unless they look yellow a little then il chuck it in every mix up/ feed.:skin_up:

6.5 Ltr Pots they are in Smokie. I think the reason is that the last 2 grows I did, I used Tropic Bat Mix. This time I'm using Clover so I suspect the Clover doesn't have the same amount of nutes as TBM. I have had no issues thus far. If you read my diary I mixed the Clover with Charge and over the Veg weeks the plants have used all the available nutes. I should have seen it coming to be honest. Live and learn? I have never grown these Sweet Seeds beans so it's a bit of a suck it and see. Next feed will be 3ml Grow, 3ml Bloom and 2ml Seaweed. Thanks as always for the advice.

LB

• Like 2

yeah i would go with 2ml grow/ 2ml seaweed and 3ml bloom. then next feed if there's no increase in the yellowing on new growth, keep at that and just keep raising the bloom as you get more into flowering mate

if there still yellowing next feed up the grow to 3ml :yep:

ive grew out sweet seeds cbd peach puree before, and got some great 1/1 ratio buds that had that peachy terpine profile. very nice smoke, sweet seeds have some great stuff, at nice prices. ive got a lovely cut of one of there gorilla girls, shes full on dense/ light green gg#4 looking buds with a blueberry funk in there, very sim to the mimosa ive had. very stable too, no hermies/ ladyboys. every pheno of the g girls has been a funky fire smoke in there own way. if you like your fruity/ dank type vars, you will love the gorilla girl. found no minty phenos yet tho i have about 12 more seeds to run, thanks to tommy, and sweet seeds. 

im rambling, smoking too much three blue kings lol 

il pull up a chair for the rest of your grow mate. atb keep it green:smoke:

• Like 2

Hi fellow LED heads. @smokie1 b c f c @Sweet Seeds-tommy

Well the issues with the leaves has not got any better or any worse as a matter of fact. I am not over concerned but I am not a great fan of defoliation but this is what I have to do. I have taken lots of leaves off which I know will not recover. The good news is the new growth and the bud forming has not been adversely affected. I can only put the issues down to the soil. This is the first time with Clover, having used Tropic Bat Mix before. I never got so much leaf decolourisation with TBM, though to be fair I should have seen this coming earlier.

Still the Green Poison are about 24 days from flip though, I am not convinced on the 46 day finishing the breeder says. Yes they are filling out but only 18 days to go?? Nah. The Ice Cool is looking good. No smells coming through as yet only a faint fruit essence when I get up close and rub the stem. Temps have been fine and RH about 40-50%. Feeding has been 3ml Grow, 3ml Bloom and 2ml Seaweed solution per 1ltr. I gave them 1ml Cal/Mag last watering as I am in a soft water area and I wanted to see if this had any bearing in helping. Maybe yes, maybe no. If no more problems with leaves in the next week I may drop the grow to 2ml and up the bloom to 4ml?

As always thanks for looking in.

So pictures:

1. Outside shot. You can clearly see the issues with the lower leaves but not the bud or top leaves.

2. Green Poison bud shot

3. Ice Cool Plant

4. Colas forming nicely

5. Tent Shot

large.IMG_1020.JPGlarge.IMG_1019.JPGlarge.IMG_1018.JPGlarge.IMG_1017.JPGlarge.IMG_1016.JPG

Edited by Larry Badgeley
  • Like 4

Hello all. @Sweet Seeds-tommy

Whilst not completely out of the woods regarding the leaves situation, it hasn't got any better or worse. I really can't put my finger on why all 3 plants have shown this issue . Whilst the buds themselves are fine and getting very sticky and fruity, the new leaves are fine for a while then turn yellow, curl up at the ends and eventually drop off. 

Temps have remained stable throughout the grow and the humidity has ranged from 45-55% which is fine. After some advice I have upped the feed to 3ml Fish Mix, 4ml Grow, 2ml Seaweed and occasionally a dash of cal mag. Lights at 215 w top notch as always

Now I'm not knocking any grower on here who uses Clover, but unless it's a genetic thing, which I highly doubt, then I can only put it down to the medium. I have used Tropic Bat Mix from Growell and never had this problem.

Anyway here are some shots. It may not be too clear regarding the leaf issue but it's there. Thanks as always for dropping by.

Cola shot of the three girls. Green Poison's in the foreground and top left. Ice Cool top right

large.IMG_1021.JPG

Bud shot of the Ice Cool

large.IMG_1027.JPG

Really good looking colours on the Green Poison

large.IMG_1024.JPG

Group shot in the tent. This probably gives a clear view of the leaf issue

large.IMG_1028.JPG

• Like 3

Cheers mate!

Thanks for the update :yep:

The flowers are looking good. If the quality and yield are not affected, the leaf problem is not an issue. So let's see what happens.

If they were clones or if it was only one plant, we could consider a higher sensitivity of that phenotype to any environmental parameter. But with 3 plants I really doubt that the genetic has anything to do with this, or at least, it doesn't seem that it could be the main cause.

No too long until harvest now, so good luck with them and sweet smokes :smoke:

tommy

• Like 1

@Sweet Seeds-tommy. Thanks Tommy. No they were grown from seed. I firmly put it down to the soil as I've never had issues like this. As a matter of interest, the Green Poison is 35 days from switch this Saturday (as is the IC), in your view would the 46  days be about right for finishing  for the GP? I did have a moment when I got the labelling mixed up on germination. The Ice Cool looks a bit more advanced than the GP. Anyway I'm a happy camper with the genetics and look forward to doing some others from your catalogue.

Thanks for your help:yep:

• Like 3

Cheers again mate,

From the bud shots on you last post with photos, the one that is more advanced now might be ready in about 10-15 days. The other one will probably need an extra week or two. But keep posting photos and by then we can help you out better.

Sweet smokes!

tommy

• Like 2

Hi Folks. @Exhale. I've ordered some Tropic Bat Mix. See what happens on the next run.

So another week another month: Whilst I am happy with the buds the leaf issue I have been experiencing hasn't really gone away. It's not that apparent from this group shot but you can see from the girl on the right, the yellowing of the leaves. Last watering I dropped the fish/grow and settled on 3ml Bloom, a dash of cal mag and 2ml Seaweed. Temps have been at 75 f and RH 45%. Almost the same throughout. Really pungent, sweet fruity smell coming through. Interestingly I had these out of the tent for 10 minutes. Went to make a brew and I could smell them in the kitchen. Opened the Velux in the loft for air. Lovely. I'm about 40 days into flowering and fingers crossed I should make it pass the finishing line. The buds are starting to firm up and are very sticky indeed. I'll be happy if this happens and I get some lovely buddage to see us through the Autumn/Winter. I may flush one of the Green Poisons to see if it makes any difference - if I can find out which is which 

large.IMG_1033.JPG

According to my label this is a Green Poison Bud

large.IMG_1031.JPG

Here is an Ice Cool. It's about right I think as the GP finishes much quicker than her sisters

large.IMG_1032.JPG

Finally a tent shot. They are not huge but as they are in 6.5ltr pots it's about right.

large.IMG_1036.JPG

So there we are. More updates as reach the finish line. Thanks as always for dropping by. @tokenroll. Gonna change to Tropic Bat Mix and 8ltr Fabrics for the next run. See if it improves

• Like 3

Fuck. One of my Green Poisons have seeds in the lower buds. Disaster. I knew this grow would be a shambles. Problems from the off. I am at a loss I really am. The Ice Cool looks fine and I haven't the inclination to check the other GP. :thumbdown: Bastard as I was really looking forward to sampling this. Not sure what to do. Bin the lot and start again? Total waste of time

Edited by Larry Badgeley
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I have cropped my 2 Green Poisons. 56 days I think. I still have my Ice Cool in the tent hence the pictures with the box.

Overall I am relatively happy with them. I had terrible issues with the leaves, which I have well documented. The GP's have hard(ish) buds but could have been better. Still they smell very nice indeed and will dry for 10 days ish and jar for a month or so. I snipped a small bud to test in a week or so. 

I still have a few of these seeds left but I may choose something  else for the next winter run. One thing besides the Tropic Bat mix which I will use, I have invested in some Intense Nutes. I will see how this adds to the grow. @tokenroll. Got some cheap stands for the fabrics to go on.

So for pics. The 2 GP's ready for the chop. @Sweet Seeds-tommy @Sweet Seeds -Jaypp

large.IMG_1039.JPG

Bud shots

large.IMG_1040.JPG

How to dry with an external box connected to the tent

large.IMG_1043.JPG

Finally buds hung in the box for drying

large.IMG_1045.JPG

Smoke report, weights etc in due course.

Thanks for all for dropping in

• Like 1