Sweet Seeds CBD Grow

Larry Badgeley

Cheers mate!

Thanks. As long as you post here all the updates that you do from now on, it's all good :yep:

I will also move this thread to the Sweet Seeds® root subforum as it makes more sense there, since this is the competition subforum and the competition is now over. But I will move it only in a few days, so that you have a chance to read this post first ;)

All the best and sweet smokes :oldtoker:

tommy

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sweet Seeds-tommy said:

Cheers mate!

Thanks. As long as you post here all the updates that you do from now on, it's all good :yep:

I will also move this thread to the Sweet Seeds® root subforum as it makes more sense there, since this is the competition subforum and the competition is now over. But I will move it only in a few days, so that you have a chance to read this post first ;)

All the best and sweet smokes :oldtoker:

tommy

Thanks Tommy

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Good day to all and here is the weekly update on the grow. I have re potted the girls in to ( I think) 1 Ltr Pots. I had some Tropic Bat mix left over so I used that with 10ml of Charge. A smooth transition and they have really started to take off. Lights are on 100w, 30 Inches above. My small fan is on for circulation and the extraction is on low. I have added the pallet as I think the saucers direct on the heat mat maybe a little hot. Temps have been steady and although it reads 80 degrees I suspect that it is around mid 70's which is about spot on. 

@diyleduk and @Sweet Seeds -Jaypp and @Sweet Seeds-tommy I don't know if you guys are moving this to the relevant sub forums but I am sure you will let me know?

As I mentioned before I mixed up the labelling but I think I have worked out that I have 2 Ice Cool, Bottom right and top Left, with the Green Poison top right. The bottom left could be the peach Puree as it looks (to me) totally different. Only time will tell.

Anyway here are the pics and I will update next week. As always thanks for looking in

large.IMG_0986.JPGlarge.IMG_0985.JPG

@Sweet Seeds-tommy Hi Tommy cut and pasted my update for this week. I have also today fimmed all 4 girls.

• Like 5

Cheer mate!

Thanks for the update. That's a nice setup you've got there, I'm sure the girls are happy with it :yep:

Keep it up and sweet smokes :smoke:

tommy

Looking very nice indeed :)      I will be in the corner watching if you dont mind.   

I  do a few CBD plants each year and will be watching keenly as the sweets CBD range is one of the few sweets strains i have not run yet. 

Good luck on the grow and keep the pics coming

Good afternoon friends. Now then, I can now answer my opening gambit about fucking the labelling and the short answer is the above post. Yes an Auto has somehow got into this grow. Good thing or bad? I am vegging under a 20/4 off regime and that is fine for now. However, it will be interesting to see what happens when I flip to 12/12 in a a month or so. I have topped it and re potted 3 times which is generally a no no for Autos. I have no idea what strain it is or what CBD/THC ratio. She seems happy enough, in fact a lot happier than the Ice Cool which hated being topped as much as she hated being re potted. Of course I took umbrage and threatened to remove her from her friends and introduce her to the flock of sheep currently munching away behind LB towers.

As I type the sun has broken through the grey and it's hot in the loft. I have opened the door to the tent and when it's lights out I'll turn the extraction up. Tomorrow may be a bit testing as the "heatwave", can you have a one day heatwave?, is due and it will be hot up here. I am not concerned though, it ain't gonna last.

I re potted into the 6.5ltr finals on Saturday as they had quickly outgrown the others and the root systems were good. I have used "Clover" multi purpose with 30ml Charge. They are now just getting into the swing after an initial wobbler. They all collectively drooped in an act of defiance. Again the threat of the sheep and they settled down.

Anyway the lawn needs a cut so without any fanfare some pics. No prizes for guessing which is the Auto? Anyway 2 definite Green Poison and 1 Ice Cool and the Auto. 

Many thanks as always for browsing and may the cold beer drench your thirst and a good number ease your minds.

large.IMG_0989.JPGlarge.IMG_0988.JPGlarge.IMG_0987.JPG

• Like 2

Going along nicely :yep:

All very clean and the plants are building up a good structure for a perfect flowering stage. Keep it up ;)

Sweet smokes,

tommy

1 hour ago, Sweet Seeds-tommy said:

Going along nicely :yep:

All very clean and the plants are building up a good structure for a perfect flowering stage. Keep it up ;)

Sweet smokes,

tommy

Cheers Tommy. I am sure the Ice Cool will catch up. Yes love the structure. I'll flip in a few weeks

• Like 2

Weekly update from the farm. All going well temps have been good at 79 degrees and RH about 45%. I maybe should get and ink bird contoller to control the heat mat as it's been on and off like a Brides Nighty. 

Just watering plain with a dash of Root Juice. The 2 green Poisons are top and bottom right, the Ice Cool top left and the Auto is self explanatory. Good structure and lights at 180w about 60cm away

That's it for now and thanks for dropping by.

@Sweet Seeds-tommy

large.IMG_0992.JPGlarge.IMG_0991.JPGlarge.IMG_0990.JPG

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks

So it's been a couple of weeks since the last update and things have moved on. I switched the 3 photo's to 12/12 on Saturday and I can certainly see the stretch is on. The Green Poison, which apparently is a quick finisher, is marching on. Scope on full tilt now and temps and humidity have remained pretty well spot on. I gave the girls a dash of cal mag but other than that plain water until I see some bud activity. The runt Auto is fine though incredibly small due to me topping it just prior to flowering. I have put this on a plant pot to get closer to the scope. All in all lovely looking green plants. Are you planning to move this to the comp forum? @Sweet Seeds-tommy

More updates next week.

large.IMG_1004.JPGlarge.IMG_1003.JPGlarge.IMG_1002.JPGlarge.IMG_1001.JPG

• Like 3

Cheers mate!

They look very well to me. Not too tall but with lots of branches... a short internodal distance :yep:

That yellowing in the top leaves from the plant that is almost mature is probably due to high temperatures and/or light burn. But it's ok because the plant is almost ready.

If you want I can move this thread to the 6th Sweet Seeds® Grow Diary Competition subforum. It doesn't seem to me the ideal move, as this grow diary is not included in the competition (which finished a long ago, by the 19th of May), but I can move it to there if you want for whatever reason.

Let me know. Keep it up and sweet smokes :oldtoker:

tommy

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon fellow LED heads. It's 10 days since the flip and the Sweet Seeds are cracking on. I understand the Green Poison's finish in about 46 days and I think they might be right considering the stretch and bud formation. No issues at all. Temps stay in the 75-80 degree with low humidity. I'll do a bit of bottom trimming sometime this week. Get rid of the lower deadish leaves and the small bud sites which won't be needed.

Plants look lovely under the scope. Always a lighter green colour. Feed 1ml Fish Mix and 1ml Bloom per litre. Watering about every 3 days but I know this will increase as they bloom. I cropped the Mystery Auto  as far as I could see it was about ready. The sugar leaves were going a bit crispy and the yellowing of the rest of the plant and the trics told me to crop it. Solid little buds and if I get 10 grams dry I'll be relatively happy.

Scope on full 215w about 12" from the tops.

Pics: The VERY small Auto. The other 3 plants look very similar in structure and smell. According to my labelling, which was a bit iffy from the start, the Ice Cool is bottom right and the 2 GP's bottom left and at the back. 

Thanks all for dropping by. More news next week.

large.IMG_1008.JPGlarge.IMG_1006.JPGlarge.IMG_1007.JPGlarge.IMG_1005.JPG

• Like 2

Another week another update.

A few issues with leaves since the last report. I put it down to cool roots as I had the heat mat on with the pallet on top and the pots on top as can be seen in my last update. I suspect that at lights out (overnight) the roots got too cool although the temp in the tent didn't suggest it. I also think, maybe rightly or wrongly, too much Potassium as I have started to feed 1ml Fish mix and 2ml Bloom. I have stopped the Fish and gone back to 1ml Grow. It hasn't affected the top half of the plants just the lower leaves. I picked a fair few off that were very pale. I like the good structure to these and all growing pretty well evenly. I suspect the stretch has finished, or nearly finished, and the colas will stack on in the coming weeks. No real smell inside yet maybe a hint but I am sure this will develop as the weeks progress. 

As always thanks for dropping in. @Sweet Seeds-tommy

So pics.

1. An affective leaf

2. Overhead groupage

3. Green Poison Top right

4. Green Poison Bud

5. Ice Cool Bud

The last 2 tent shots. Ice Cool top left

large.IMG_1015.JPGlarge.IMG_1014.JPGlarge.IMG_1013.JPGlarge.IMG_1012.JPGlarge.IMG_1011.JPGlarge.IMG_1010.JPGlarge.IMG_1009.JPG 

Larry Badgeley

Another week another update.

A few issues with leaves since the last report. I put it down to cool roots as I had the heat mat on with the pallet on top and the pots on top as can be seen in my last update. I suspect that at lights out (overnight) the roots got too cool although the temp in the tent didn't suggest it. I also think, maybe rightly or wrongly, too much Potassium as I have started to feed 1ml Fish mix and 2ml Bloom. I have stopped the Fish and gone back to 1ml Grow. It hasn't affected the top half of the plants just the lower leaves. I picked a fair few off that were very pale. I like the good structure to these and all growing pretty well evenly. I suspect the stretch has finished, or nearly finished, and the colas will stack on in the coming weeks. No real smell inside yet maybe a hint but I am sure this will develop as the weeks progress. 

As always thanks for dropping in.

So pics.

1. An affective leaf

2. Overhead groupage

3. Green Poison Top right

4. Green Poison Bud

5. Ice Cool Bud

The last 2 tent shots. Ice Cool top left

large.IMG_1015.JPGlarge.IMG_1014.JPGlarge.IMG_1013.JPGlarge.IMG_1012.JPGlarge.IMG_1011.JPGlarge.IMG_1010.JPGlarge.IMG_1009.JPG 

Larry Badgeley
  • Like 1