First Poly Carbonate Auto Northern Lights Grow

growinggold

I’ve also got the bottom buds left to finish on my Girl Scout Cookies auto, 2 weeks since I harvested the top, a week since the middle. 

• Like 1

Consider a de-humidifier next year also.  I would never grow in a greenhouse again without one :)

A real shame about your budrot.  But as you say, you have learned loads this year.  Onwards and upwards.  I hope that you get a bit of decent bud from what you have.  It makes it all worth while :)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

One known issue with polycarbonate affected me for the first time this year - despite having optional bar capping (snap-fit, metacarpo-phalangeal thumb joint-straining plastic bars to help secure the polycarb panels in place) I have twice had panels blow out, once today and once in the previous storm.  I think that the reason is that I had one roof vent auto-opener connected so when we had the unusual combination of sun, meaning the vent opened, and strong wind there was a sufficient pressure rise within the greenhouse to blow out one of the panels, which then led to another blowing.

No weed problems as I've only got sweet pea, French bean, pepper and tomato seedlings in there at the moment.  I may fabricate some reinforcing bars to go across the bottom of the panels which are above the low level louvres since those are the ones which pop out first as they are only held in on 3 sides.  The alternative is to put horticultural glass instead of the polycarbonate, perhaps with a wash or a slightly opaque film to maintain stealth, albeit at the cost of a slight reduction in light transmission.  

Looking forward to hearing of your greenhouse grows.  I plan to do a diary this year - probably the same recipe of three autos in the GH, a photo in the garden and a couple of LST'd autos in pots following the sun around the garden which did me well last year.

• Like 1

Easy lads, good to hear from you all. Hope winter has been kind and your weed stocks are strong. @Socksnsandals @inapond13 @AutoAberdeen. My polycarb is currently in action with heat mat from my shed grow op and heater in action.. still deciding what to do. Whether dedicate a quad grow space and risk growing a whopper that will bust mi GH and shed grows. Or try a couple little autos in 3/4l pots move around the garden And back in the GH at night.  Here some current pics. In early I know but I wanted to played. I started with snow outside still. Haha.

Outside bed one planted up with herbs, over wintered sage on left hopefully pulls through. Two dead basil plants. Curly parsley and lavender.

large.IMG-20210306-WA0018_copy_864x1536.jpeg

Couple herbs an random flower mum gave me. 

large.IMG_20210307_145621_copy_1382x1843.jpg

Tray of French marigolds to be potted up to pits below to figto aphids. Will probs do an auto in that size pot to.

large.IMG_20210307_145616_copy_1382x1843.jpg

More Tom's ect.

large.IMG_20210307_145158_copy_1382x1843.jpglarge.IMG_20210307_145151_copy_1382x1843.jpglarge.IMG_20210307_145144_copy_1382x1843.jpg

I got the below citrus trees for the valentine's Day and they're dead, which I refuse to admit.  Please come back to life. They're dead aren't they? Dry and crispy af. 

large.IMG_20210307_083839_copy_1382x1843.jpglarge.IMG_20210307_083836_copy_1382x1843.jpg

A rose my Mrs has for few years since our first , it nearly died very neglected,  i put some ecothrive charge on top  3 weeks ago and it's gone wild. 

large.IMG_20210307_083827_copy_1382x1843.jpg

Range Tom's.

large.IMG_20210307_083819_copy_1382x1843.jpg

Cucumbers

large.IMG_20210307_083812_copy_1382x1843.jpg

large.IMG_20210307_083805_copy_1382x1843.jpg

• Like 4

Have you got anymore of the SHD x AU? They do really well outdoors apparently. Soviet Finland seeds do some really hardy auto's for outdoor as well, mostly regulars, but that's not always a a bad thing. Personally I'd always recommend running some photos, then if you get a few weeks of bad weather you won't be totally fucked.  My go to outdoor strain is Royal Dane, its fairly old skool but it grows like a weed, guaranteed to have something to show for your efforts. I'll be making some fems for next season, hopefully enough to sell. Goes without saying but monitor your humidity if growing in a greenhouse, mould is the enemy !!

Edit: looking back I remember you've learned the mould lesson already, as you say genetics is key, hardyness, vigour and resistance first, flavour and high second, just about any weed grown properly will be enjoyable.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

Yes mate I do, I've also gifted a few to a mate. Fingers crossed there will be sun grown she in 2021. 

• Like 1

Will keep an eye on this one. I too learnt a lot about bud rot and mould last year. 

As my homemade poly greenhouse is a lot smaller than yours i'm planning to run some PC fans at either side to hopefully pull some air around the house, that alongside the top being open a lot more than i did last year. 

Best of luck! 

• Like 1