Maxibright Daylight LED 660W Grow Light Are they any good?

Casey Jones

How does the Maxibright compare quality wise to the Lumatek's?

Seems like a good candidate for my "best light possible for 1000GBP" project.

9 hours ago, GSZZ said:

Nice one dude thank you for clearing that up :yep:  I'm glad that lumatek haven't lazed out like maxi and have actually brought out a pro version to differentiate from the standard model that they have both had from china lol

Lumatek win short term but i think maxi have been quite smart long term if they do come up with a PRO version. Lumatek will struggle now with a potential new version of the zeus as they are at 2.7 and to push past that ramps up the cost. Maxi have plenty of wiggle room to release a PRO later this year/next year without ramping up cost too much. Getting past 2.7 isn't easy, 25% extra cost for us to go from 2.6 to 2.8 with current leds on the market.

I guess well see how it all pans out. There's other 600w lights about to hit the UK market too.

• Like 7

Thanks for the info. The reason I asked about the Maxibright is that Greens sell them and together with their excellent customer service I am able to pay cash for the goods, so there is no record of any transaction on my accounts. My current grow is only 5 days into flower, so I'll wait until the next grow in a couple of months before I use one of these LED's. I haven't taken them seriously until now and I need to read up quite a bit before I start using one.

• Like 2

I do like the look of them myself, I only seen one up close the other week and they're massive. The shop says it's on introductory offer but it's 850 quid

Anyone think this technology is going to get cheaper within the next few years? I'm thinking of waiting it out awhile but i'll think i'll be dead before it gets near sensible prices :( 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KC said:

I do like the look of them myself, I only seen one up close the other week and they're massive. The shop says it's on introductory offer but it's 850 quid

Anyone think this technology is going to get cheaper within the next few years? I'm thinking of waiting it out awhile but i'll think i'll be dead before it gets near sensible prices :( 

They are going to drop rapidly over the next couple of years as efficiency is at its limits with current leds. I wouldn't be expecting cheap though. Id expect prices to drop towards £600 for a decent 600w over the next year or so.

Price wars will start soon enough.

• Like 2

£850 for the lights is still good if you replace a 1000w Gavita .  It must pay for it self in saved electric and no burning the tops of plants anymore 

• 2 years later...

Does every one still rate the Maxibrite 660w and the Lumatek 600w zeus pro? Just thought I'd revamp this thread as I'm currently interested in those two lights and they are available. Thanks. Peace. 

It's reliability I'm mostly interested in during my search for a decent LED. Has anyone been running this Maxibrite 660w for over a year or two? Thanks. Peace. 

Probably best go for the lumatek as theres a thread on here about the maxibright pro's turning themselfs down and being sent back only for the new light to start doing it later on down the line,, im currently using the mk1 maxibrights which dont suffer with the same problem as the pro's and there bobbin along nicely 

• Like 1

Thanks fatboy77 and ravsta I appreciate your advice a lot. Those are the two likeliest options for me and knowing the pros and cons in advance by the means of your generous info is invaluable. Thanks. Peace. 

Can I ask do you use the 600 zeus pro or maxibright 660w on full 100% power at the end of flower in 1.2m2 tent? Does the maxibright even fit a 1.2m2? I see that they measure a tad bigger than the Lumatek zeus which I'm told is a tight but snug fit. Peace. 

1 hour ago, Trashedagain77 said:

Does the maxibright even fit a 1.2m2?

yes

mystic

• Like 1

Thanks mystic mate I wasn't sure going by the tight 119+cm. Thank you for clearing that up. Peace. 

15 hours ago, Trashedagain77 said:

I wasn't sure

not like I've got 1 myself bro, its just that there are dozens of use cases for that light in a 1.2m2

incidentally, im buying 2 lights myself in about 3 weeks, to light a 1.2 x 2.4m tent

how much are you looking to spend? I ask as ive found what is prolly THE light for a 1.2m2 - a fixture that gives a perfect 1000-PAR spread across the whole area

its a mars hydro FC-E6500 730W LED bar light. they come in smart or non-smart versions (smart that you can connect an APP to & control the light) - you can get them for about £650, or less

& there's the spider farmer SE7000, a little more £ (about £750, or less) but its the same principle - they've gone the same as the mars hydro, for that perfect PAR spread in a 1.2m2

both have adjustable bars & specially-placed diode layouts, that push PAR out the edges where its needed

& they both do it REALLY well - certainly a lot better than the maxibright can do with its fixed bars etc

I mention all this as you would prolly be paying around 650 for the maxi 660, there's newer, better options now

cool to have options

oh & before I forget, dont forget what's sure to be a fan favourite - ac infinity have just brought out there new IONbar lights, there's an EVO8 (iirc) 730W, they look really well made for the money

edit- & I know you were on about maxibright 660w, and ive gone completely off what you were asking, yes there maxi's good, there's other stuff around now too

mystic

Edited by mysticriver
  • Like 1