Cheap bud vaporizer

pothead11

5 hours ago, pothead11 said:

That's a well used cap.  Bonjour

Yeah it definitely is, I think i've developed some form of attachment syndrome lol

Well my induction heater arrived and the power supply is 40 miles away so should be here Monday or Tuesday , then I should be in business.  The switch shouldn't be too long it's also coming from China so wait and see I suppose . 

The switch I got is rated at 3 amps and the power supply is 12 volt 6 amp . Could this be a problem ? I hope not I'm thinking if I avoid putting screwdrivers and the like in it and just use it for heating my chynavap M17 I don't think it'll be on long enough to overheat , I'm also thinking it'll pull 4 or 5 amps so should be safe . 

Salutations PH11,

40 minutes ago, pothead11 said:

The switch I got is rated at 3 amps and the power supply is 12 volt 6 amp . Could this be a problem ? I hope not I'm thinking if I avoid putting screwdrivers and the like in it and just use it for heating my chynavap M17 I don't think it'll be on long enough to overheat , I'm also thinking it'll pull 4 or 5 amps so should be safe . 

Euh...  Where to begin?!  Try this, i happen to think nearly the same except perhaps more conservative:

On 06/08/2020 at 7:27 PM, Hippie on hill said:

...they say a good quality 6amp or a cheap 8amp supply will suffice.

...cheap boards, they just replace...

Yes it's true the modules are cheap but as far as i'm concerned their cross-connected Mazzilli schottky diodes created a serious problem trying to solve another.  There's been inspiring updates since the 2008 Mazzilli topology, especially in the Tesla Coil domain it seems.  No matter how cheap i know i wouldn't want to rely on something which will require field-service at random, in the middle of the wild, whatever.  E.G. in times when it counts most, so who really wants to risk that?  I wonder.  My impression is that it's already been done before...

Maybe it's so cheap one might be tempted to build power supply functions in symbiose with the power stage devices after converting the other Mazzilli board into a Gate Driver, piggy-back style...  A low-impedance path for the power MOSFET gates should buy some safety operation margin and hopefully reduce the probability of a catastrophic failure event calling for on-site repair, while i'm convinced such service interruptions alone suffice to counter-balance the cost argument and make one start thinking of alternatives, but not something as involving as the correction of Mazzilli topology modules (which very few others tried their teeth on ever since)...  Plus the requirement of remaining an inclusive enough project to support portable applications as well.

Some conceptual work would be in order.

Good day, have fun!!  :sorry:

Edited by Egzoset
Read-proofing.

So far I've spent £14 on my IH which is way cheaper than buying one ready made . If it works I should think It'll work as good as any other IH for a Dynavap , I hope.

Hummm...

7 hours ago, pothead11 said:

...It'll work as good as any other IH for a Dynavap, I hope.

You may be sorry what you wished for.  Additionally, your particular subject happened to be on the menu of this dedicated Reddit channel recently:

https:// www.reddit.com/r/inductionheaters/ ]

Actually i beg you don't just take my word for it, please read it with you own eyes.

Edited by Egzoset
Read-proofing.

Well we can now add another 3 quid to the bill making it £17.00 . I think that's possibly it for the spend I hope . Can't think of anything I've left out . Great . 

Got 2 pieces of glass 16mm diameter x 35mm long , took hours to find but got there in the end . Not sure where it's shipping from could be China . Exact price including postage £3.02

Here's a picture of the glass . should be strong enough hopefully . Took me hours to find something suitable .  

Thinking I might be able to use the stopper too if it's a good fit for the coil . We'll see. 

large.s-l1600.jpg

Edited by pothead11
  • Like 2

Well my 12v 6amp power supply arrived . Not bad ordered it on the 7th and got here in ten days and that's from China . Intending to try it out tonight no switch yet though or glass so have probably got a couple of weeks yet . The power supply was 3.99 including delivery gone up to 6.50 now . Still a good price . Need a project box really or an old mobile  box or something . 

Salutations,

19 hours ago, pothead11 said:

I think that's possibly it for the spend I hope.  Can't think of anything I've left out.

1 hour ago, pothead11 said:

Well my 12v 6amp power supply arrived.

Just remember it's NOT a finished product, the trend is about a PROTOTYPE for brave pioneering IH experimenters and YOU are expected to assume full responsability.  Judging from the fuzzy cloud surrounding Reddit's dedicated zone i can only wish you've been sufficiently informed on the boundaries of this most particular semi-DiY hobby...  Briefly put, sorry to blow a bubble but i'm afraid that's only the begining of some more hobbyist spending, certainly not the end.

:wassnnme:

Oh well, it was previously argued that those Mazzilli modules are so cheap there's no incentive to fix them anyway.  Never mind taking a risk to get bored by that trivial detail, except one problem is that such level of elementary circuit implementation visibly ain't any hint of slow/patient/successive circuit layout "tweakings" + component values adjustments as a function of strict timing requirements associated specifically to the present context of Quasi-Resonance power conversion.  In the end we're still talking about "bare-bones" Mazzilli modules with no auto-destruct override button, so it implies you must watch for early disfunction signs as over-heating parts and there's no garanty your action can prevent permanent damage.

Better yet, always think of filming the whole scene in case it might serve in future testimonies, e.g. after shrapnel bits redefined your interior decoration for example!...  Which reminds me:  please pay special attention to microphones location as i bet a capture in Dolby Stereo shall enhance those live documents, imagine next buzz while your ears are still haunted by the unique (and volatile) reminescent echoes of such real spacial ambience!

Well I'm out of weed again and it's raining . The plants need pruning so will have a little something for this evening . Just had a bowl of leaf and it is not bad and definitely not good . Better than nothing though. Hope they don't take too long over budding . Got to get the next lot going for Christmas Which will be all autos . Should be able to squeeze them in I hope .