BudJ's Dinafem Diary

BudJ

36 minutes ago, growinggold said:

@BudJ I haven't missed the weigh in have i? 

:) Waiting for the all important dry to finish and then it's weigh in time.  Day 4 of drying today.  

• Like 2

Can you tag me when its in bro, excited to see.

I saw Fraggs being pulling some nice weights from Dinafem auto atm.

I cant weight to get my hands on some their beans.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, growinggold said:

Can you tag me when its in bro, excited to see.

I saw Fraggs being pulling some nice weights from Dinafem auto atm.

I cant weight to get my hands on some their beans.

You'll get a notification as you're following mate but I'll try to remember to tag you at the time.

White Widow XXL (drying & weigh-in)

Morning all, quick update as this grow draws to a close.  WW was hung for 7 days in the drying tent, then manicured and brown bagged for 48 hours to draw out some moisture from the middle.  Extraction on low.  I had the monkey fan on for the first 2 or 3 days before I switched it off for fear of fast drying.  Temps and RH were great throughout - 16-20 degrees and 55-60 RH. 

Last night I weighed and jarred her.  I thought I might be too early with the jarring but after 12 hours RH has stayed 60-63 inside the jars so I'll proceed to burp and watch out for RH spikes.  I believe over 65 is the danger zone so if I see that I'll brown bag again.

I could hardly believe the scales, weighed it 3 times and checked I had the grams to oz conversion correct numerous times.  170g / 6oz.  3 x 2l Kilners and some I couldn't fit in which is now in my day to day jar. 

@growinggold - you asked to be tagged mate :yep:

Absolutely delighted with this result :yahoo:  My target was 3oz in total, purely as this would see me alright till the next grow is done.  WW has smashed that on her own with Cheese to follow :)

I've labelled the jars 1-3, with prime nugs in jar 1.  The plan is to use jar 3 first, then 2, leaving 1 to cure for as long as possible.

Some sample nuggies :-

large.5f742fb81bb1f_WWnugs.JPG

large.5f742fb78bb55_WWJarred.JPG

Cheese XXL (chopped)

The Cheesy one came down last night on day 89 at the same time WW vacated the drying tent.  Same plan, 7-10 days hanging, manicure then brown bags for however long it takes.

Pre-chop pic:-

large.5f742fb703d26_Cheeseprechop.JPG

I'll be back with a few shots of Cheese dried and trimmed along with the final weight for this grow, together with a vape report on both.

Thanks for reading :thumsup:

Edited by BudJ
  • Like 7

@BudJfantastic result mate!/:headbang: Looks like you have the drying process sorted too and. Should be set for some enjoyable weeks savouring the fruits of your labours:skin_up:

Looking forward to your smoke report....what are you going to grow next? 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fragg said:

@BudJfantastic result mate!/:headbang: Looks like you have the drying process sorted too and. Should be set for some enjoyable weeks savouring the fruits of your labours:skin_up:

Looking forward to your smoke report....what are you going to grow next? 

Thanks @Fragg.  I'm astounded by the result.  The taste currently is very lemony, the high is quite uppy and not as strong as I'd like but I'll wait for a cure before assessing properly.  I'm looking forward to a cosmic yoghurt or 2 next time I have a couple of free days and make some butter/oil too.

Already on it mate......front left Sour Diesel and Haze CBD to the rear.  Day 32.  :yep:  I'll be taking another read of your Haze CBD diary soon.  Was it any good do you remember?

large.5f744dae7ec19_HazeCBDandSourDieselDay32.JPG

• Like 5

@BudJ thanks for the tag mate I don't seem to be getting my email alerts anymore which is annoying. 

That top result! Them XL really live upto there name, 100% getting some dinafem White widow tomorrow, do I do auto or photo is the question. I love the speed and ease of autos just not sure they will be as hardy and I need that due to next grow being in the shed with temp fluctuations. 

Can't believe it 170 g in half that amount of days is crazy!! Do you think the cheese will be stronger?

Did you got the gpw mark then? Sorry I cannot remember what light you use. 

• Like 2

@BudJ the lemon you taste comes from the limonene terpene which is prevalent in a lot of cannabis strains, interestingly it is thought to be powerful in the anti cancer battle so you should be keeping the big C at bay whilst you enjoy yourself:yep:

Off the top of my head I don’t recall the Haze CBD but I’m an old stoner that is 2 spliffs in at 10 am:oldtoker: Interested in the SD as I’ve not run it

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Placeinspace said:

Nice job man , whats brown bags ? That instead of jars with that one or 

Thanks mate.  Many folks use brown paper bags (I used a Primark bag) for the final few days of the dry because hang drying tends to dry the outside of the buds before the middle.  The thinking is brown bags draws the moisture from the middle of the bud to the extremities, evening out the moisture content.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, growinggold said:

@BudJ thanks for the tag mate I don't seem to be getting my email alerts anymore which is annoying. 

That top result! Them XL really live upto there name, 100% getting some dinafem White widow tomorrow, do I do auto or photo is the question. I love the speed and ease of autos just not sure they will be as hardy and I need that due to next grow being in the shed with temp fluctuations. 

Can't believe it 170 g in half that amount of days is crazy!! Do you think the cheese will be stronger?

Did you got the gpw mark then? Sorry I cannot remember what light you use. 

I think any of the Dinafem XXL range would be heavy yielders mate.  170g I still can't believe to be honest.  

I'm using a 200w Attis so should be over 1gpw once Cheese is dry.  I think Cheese will be stronger as I let it run a few days more and there were more amber trichomes at chop.  Nugs are a totally different structure too, much more solid and compact.  Time will tell :)

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Fragg said:

@BudJ the lemon you taste comes from the limonene terpene which is prevalent in a lot of cannabis strains, interestingly it is thought to be powerful in the anti cancer battle so you should be keeping the big C at bay whilst you enjoy yourself:yep:

Great info @Fragg and something I wasn't aware of.  That explains why so many smoke reports contain 'citrus' or 'lemon'.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BudJ said:

Great info @Fragg and something I wasn't aware of.  That explains why so many smoke reports contain 'citrus' or 'lemon'.

Love my 'terpes' man, have bought crystals before, and now grow weed mainly on terpene profile...Current faves; Tangielope Rainbow Sorbet (Gelato) and Wine gums. All totally overwhelming in the dynavap lol

large.Terpene-Key1.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 months later...