Too much water pressure

Haduken420

Hi all, newby here,

I made my own drip setup, with a halo watering ring sitting ontop of the coco. Just 1 large reservoir with holes on the lid and a fabric pot sitting on top. Im using a submergable maxijet 1000 water pump. Just one 13mm cable attached to the outlet and onto the halo ring. Its a very neat setup

But the pressure is too high that the water comes out too fast (not gushing out but too fast). I only have couple of 15 minute increment timers, its going to drench the coco, like SO MUCH for too long.

I literally just tried puting a fan controller switch on the waterpump socket 5 mins ago... it doesnt work. Its either off or on.

So i put in a tap valve on the 13mm pipeing in between the halo ring and the outpet, one you can twist and it adjusts flow. It works! Lovely flow... BUT, im paranoid that would cause major back pressure... and cause my pipes to explode/disconnect.

Are there any user friendly 1 minute increment timers out there anyone know of? I would REALLY appreciate some links and advice.

Many thanks

• Like 1

Run a splitter directly off it so half goes straight back into the rez and only half goes up and out?

Edited by Inspiration101
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, stu914 said:

Have a look at 'micro-pump' bud, the one you have is too powerful...:yep:

I just googled it, i can see maxi jet do a micro pump too. Damn customer service guy upsold me. I told him it was just for 1 plant. He just wanted extra money. Il look into this! Thanks!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Inspiration101 said:

Run a splitter directly off it so half goes straight back into the rez and only half goes up and out?

Hey i do actually have a 'T' junction part. Maybe i can attach it onto the outlet.. run the main pipe from one end.

And a tap valve on the other end?

That sounds pretty genious

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Haduken420 said:

i can see maxi jet do a micro pump too.

I have a couple of 'Newa' micro pumps and they work well on dripper systems....fifteen to twenty quid...:yep:

• Like 3

Do a search for “ Digital plug in timers” that should bring up what you need. They go down to 1 minute increments and some let you program up to 20 times a day.  Although as the lads have put, that maxi jet pump is a bit big for one dripper.  

• Like 1

Just now, stu914 said:

I have a couple of 'Newa' micro pumps and they work well on dripper systems....fifteen to twenty quid...:yep:

Wow, just found one for a tenna brand new. Im guessing your system is running on a timer? How long does it water for buddy?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nuggys said:

Do a search for “ Digital plug in timers” that should bring up what you need. They go down to 1 minute increments and some let you program up to 20 times a day.  Although as the lads have put, that maxi jet pump is a bit big for one dripper.  

I was thinking to add a T section like inspiration101 suggested... but looking at my already made and sealed manifolds. Looks like those digital plugs will have to do now. They look really complicated that was my only issue. So many buttons.

Even with those analog 15 min increment timers where you push those black nobs down... i did 18 hours dark and 6 hours lights for 2 months without realising. Dont ask. *jumps out the window*

You can get three in a pack for £15 from Argos. I’ve been using them for a year with no problems. I use fabric pots to but have a few more than yourself. It depends what stage your at, veg or flower etc, but  you can have the come on, mo,wed,fri,sun etc. At the moment I’ve got them coming on twice a day for two minutes at a time. 

You need to measure what your pumps flowing a minute first to then work out how long you want it on for. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Haduken420 said:

Im guessing your system is running on a timer?

I use clay pebbles so there's no fear of overwatering, three times a day for 15 mins works well when they're small.

I transfer into dwc system once they have plenty of roots.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nuggys said:

You can get three in a pack for £15 from Argos. I’ve been using them for a year with no problems. I use fabric pots to but have a few more than yourself. It depends what stage your at, veg or flower etc, but  you can have the come on, mo,wed,fri,sun etc. At the moment I’ve got them coming on twice a day for two minutes at a time. 

You need to measure what your pumps flowing a minute first to then work out how long you want it on for. 

Im literally on the Argos website right now. I will find it. And i will buy it.

• Like 1

If you get them and get stuck, give us a shout and I’ll help you work through it. They really are simple to use though you’ll be fine. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stu914 said:

I use clay pebbles so there's no fear of overwatering, three times a day for 15 mins works well when they're small.

I transfer into dwc system once they have plenty of root

hmmmm... so, if i run mine... 70% pebbles and 30% coco. Do you think i can do 15 min incements or am i on crack.

• Like 1