Simple coconut oil infused gummies

OLaC

2 hours ago, Superstealth said:

@OLaC I know this is an older post but this is the first recipe that I have found that actually works and you get stable gummies so a huge thank you, I made some slight changes to the recipe though, I think it was your other recipe where you use Kool aid powder as well to flavour them, I did this and the results were awesome.  I probably went a bit to far in terms of how strong I made them :smokin: I added 4.5g of BHO to the 60grams of coconut oil, I didn't have any moulds so I made a slab and cut it into 10 pieces, I also added Kool Aid powder to the sugar/citric acid coating and they taste great, well for an edible anyway. 

I sat there looking at them making myself hungry so thought I have got to try them to see if they taste OK, so cut off a piece of one of the 10, the size of the tip of my middle finger, eat it and then went out, decided to go to get my haircut, lets just say I probably need to change barbers now lol, there was a long wait and I came up whilst waiting, eyes rolling nodding off is not a good look at 11am on a Friday, still it beats my stupid mate who I gave one to who decided to eat it at 2300 the day before a meeting with the managing director of the company we work for lol.  He had half of a strip, fell asleep like a rock, it took his wife chucking a glass of water over him 1.5hrs after he slept through all of his alarms to get him up, in his own words he looked in the mirror and said he looked like a demon lol , he had the worse red eye he has ever had and said they were bright red, he had to go out and buy eye drops to try and get rid of it.  I love edibles :)   

edited to add - You can buy sunflower lecithin in a fluid form from the shop that sells everything, its a lot easier to work with than the powder which I have found can take a bit of work to dissolve properly

Glad it worked well for you mate, i make a hundred or so a month and loving them. 

I’ve yet to try the liquid lecithin but have heard the same as you say; that’s it’s a lot easier to work with, I notice the powder can be a pain to dissolve sometimes.. so will try that nice one!

haha sounds like your mate had a similar experience to when my GF last had edibles… she had to go to work still blazed.. and she’s a member of the drug and alcohol team lol .. she just sticks to half a gummy now and much prefers the more mellow buzz! 

• 3 months later...
On 13/06/2020 at 9:25 AM, OLaC said:

large.IMG_20200613_090214.jpg

I've been playing around with an easier gummy recipe and I don't think it can get any easier than this.

I love my regular gummy recipe (posted on this forum somewhere), took lots of experimenting to get the consistency to be like shop bought gummies but requires me to make a tincture that's becoming too expensive with current ethanol prices. Also I'd rather do without the corn syrup as again quite expensive.

All you need for this is:

1/4 cup of infused coconut oil (60ml)

1/3 cup of water (80ml)

2 x packs of unflavoured gelatin

1 X pack of flavoured gelatin powder (Jell-O)

1 tbsp citric acid (optional for sour flavour and added shelf life)

1 or 2 tablespoons of lecithin

(I had lecithin already in my infused oil so used one more when mixing )

large.IMG_20200613_091804.jpg

Add   1/4 cup of infused coconut oil

1/3 cup of water

1 tablespoon of lecithin

To saucepan and stir on low heat until all blended together. + It will look like a cloudy light brown broth when mixed)

Slowly add two packs of unflavoured gelatin whilst continually stirring.

Add flavoured gelatin and stir

Add citric acid and keep stirring until slowly start to boil. Allow to cool for a minute or two and pour into moulds. (Spray moulds with oil to allow for easier removal)

Allow moulds to cool in fridge, remove and place on baking sheet and leave for 24hrs to dehydrate.

I used 28g in 2 cups of coconut oil.

1g = est 20% THC

1/4 cup = 3.5g (700mg)

700mg / 30 worms 

= 23.333mg

=20mg (I like to round down).

Happy days.

Thanks for posting this olac old post I know I’m gonna try making these this evening 

• 3 months later...

@OLaC I just got a magic butter machine I was wondering how much weed do you mix with how much MCT oil to make your capsules and how many do you take Thanks 

11 hours ago, bfehillbilly said:

@OLaC I just got a magic butter machine I was wondering how much weed do you mix with how much MCT oil to make your capsules and how many do you take Thanks 

Not sure if I'm missing something here or not?

If you're making cap's, what's the point of using the MBM to make infused MCT oil from decarbed bud as opposed to just filling the caps with the decarbed bud itself?

I like having some infused MCT oil in the kitchen, it's useful to have a medium that is liquid at winter kitchen temps to pop into a morning coffee or whatever, but I wouldn't bother capping it.

Caps are right up there with my favourite methods of indulging, but so far they are ground bud/trim or AVB only. I get 0.4g/00.

2 caps are pleasant, 4 give an entertaining half a day, and 6 put me on my arse.

Edited by Goodbloke
Dosage

I have only made butter the old fashioned way stand over the stove and stir for hours then make brownies with the butter trying to learn some new methods to get stoned without smoking or vaping Thanks for the information @Goodbloke

• Like 1

• 1 year later...