Simple coconut oil infused gummies

OLaC

large.IMG_20200613_090214.jpg

I've been playing around with an easier gummy recipe and I don't think it can get any easier than this.

I love my regular gummy recipe (posted on this forum somewhere), took lots of experimenting to get the consistency to be like shop bought gummies but requires me to make a tincture that's becoming too expensive with current ethanol prices. Also I'd rather do without the corn syrup as again quite expensive.

All you need for this is:

1/4 cup of infused coconut oil (60ml)

1/3 cup of water (80ml)

2 x packs of unflavoured gelatin

1 X pack of flavoured gelatin powder (Jell-O)

1 tbsp citric acid (optional for sour flavour and added shelf life)

1 or 2 tablespoons of lecithin

(I had lecithin already in my infused oil so used one more when mixing )

large.IMG_20200613_091804.jpg

Add   1/4 cup of infused coconut oil

1/3 cup of water

1 tablespoon of lecithin

To saucepan and stir on low heat until all blended together. + It will look like a cloudy light brown broth when mixed)

Slowly add two packs of unflavoured gelatin whilst continually stirring.

Add flavoured gelatin and stir

Add citric acid and keep stirring until slowly start to boil. Allow to cool for a minute or two and pour into moulds. (Spray moulds with oil to allow for easier removal)

Allow moulds to cool in fridge, remove and place on baking sheet and leave for 24hrs to dehydrate.

I used 28g in 2 cups of coconut oil.

1g = est 20% THC

1/4 cup = 3.5g (700mg)

700mg / 30 worms 

= 23.333mg

=20mg (I like to round down).

Happy days.

Edited by OLaC
Added millilitres
  • Like 18

Nice @OLaC

One question, how much does the cup hold In ML? 

Not all cups cups are the same size. 

Nice one for sharing I may give this a go!! 

Peace

lil d. :skin_up:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lildaveham said:

Nice @OLaC

One question, how much does the cup hold In ML? 

Not all cups cups are the same size. 

Nice one for sharing I may give this a go!! 

Peace

lil d. :skin_up:

Nice one Dave, just added ML to the recipe.

I didn't realise that, always thought 1 cup was 213ml but mine says 250ml . No wonder when I follow some recipes they don't come out quite right lol

Edited by OLaC
  • Like 2

I made these  fairly weak as I wasn't sure if the recipe would work as well as it did.

It's a testament to how well cannabis binds to coconut oil as I  could feel the effects of a single gummy worm after an hour or so.

Nice to know I can make another 7 batches of these from my 2 cups of infused oil.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Been mucking around combining flavours, these are strawberry lime, quite happy with how they came out.

large.IMG-20200619-WA0015-01.jpeglarge.IMG_20200619_182926-01.jpeg

These pics were taken as soon as they were out the moulds so still a little wet. Will take some more pics tomorrow now they've had time to dehydrate.

Edited by OLaC
  • Like 21

:chef::D thanks man, gonna try using my own gelatin, flavours and colouring next rather than relying on Jell-O . It works great and makes life easier, usually costs £1.49 .. since covid tho it's now up to £5.50+ if you can find it. Can't be having that.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @OLaC, gonna have a go at this recipe this weekend. Looks great.

I only did half a Oz to two cup of oil in my magical butter machine. Could or should I add more oil to the recipe or will it mess the mix up?

Also I only have a 50 bear gummy bear mold to hand . Any experience, tips ?

• Like 1

I wouldn't add any more oil mate as will become unstable and will taste really coconuty! Just use what you got and see how it goes, if they're to weak, eat more and try a stronger infusion next time.

I also advise taking a cup of sugar and mixing a tablespoon of citric acid and then rolling the gummies in it for a sour coating (after gummies have been left a day or two dehydrating). It Improves the flavour and texture loads!

large.IMG_20200702_154312_copy_1612x806.jpg

Edited by OLaC
  • Like 11

What type of sugar did you use?

Orderd a worm mould now .

Once they dehydrated and in plastic container do you keep them in the fridge? Whats there shelf life ?

• Like 1

Just granulated as was all I had at hand.

U can keep them in fridge but I find they do fine outside, saying that during that heatwave last week I noticed nine get a little melty so find a cool dry place of poss. These should easily last a month or so. I just got some mould inhibitor off Amazon to add to future batches, should make em last 6 months or so then.

• Like 2

If you haven't got enough moulds you can just pour into square dish and cut into little squares afterwards. Or pour then into nerds for nerd ropes lollarge.IMG_20200608_123915_copy_806x1499.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jack? said:

Hey @OLaC how much citric acid should I add to the gummy mix when mixing all together? 

1 Tablespoon :yep:

• Like 1

Cheers man had the mix made when I realized I needed a bit of that in it so just guessed it and put half a tablespoon. They have come out amazing mate. Found the mix when heated started to set real quick so made a bit of a mess rushing the last few. But none the less they came out great. Thanks for sharing the recipe , going to make another batch later in the week 

• Like 1