Simple coconut oil infused gummies

OLaC

@OLaC

nice work,i used to do the same,The Jell-O is the way forward,shame it isn't available in the shops,only online (as far as I am aware)

the only problem I have with these sweets is they have nearly zero sugar so to store them properly they need to be in the freeer,also not cheap the Jell-o so I switched to gelatine 00 cpsules and just drop oil in them these days.

they last in the fridge 7 days but longer you get mold

• Like 1

edit:

see citric acid you have mentioned as a preservative:yep: ,I never used one

when drinking beer or any booze be carefull guys as it goes through your liver these sweets,same as booze and it seems to me from my experiences that you take much more sweets as they seem not to work but what i think our livers are getting rid off the booze first and than they metabolize the sweets-thc....

it used to wake me up at 3am - 5 am in the morning massive rush of paranoia and anxiety like all the sweets kicked in at once  after few beers through out a day

• Like 1

On 11/07/2020 at 10:11 PM, Jack? said:

Cheers man had the mix made when I realized I needed a bit of that in it so just guessed it and put half a tablespoon. They have come out amazing mate. Found the mix when heated started to set real quick so made a bit of a mess rushing the last few. But none the less they came out great. Thanks for sharing the recipe , going to make another batch later in the week 

Glad they came out good mate, how was the high using less weed in the infuson.?

On 11/07/2020 at 11:43 PM, joba said:

@OLaC

nice work,i used to do the same,The Jell-O is the way forward,shame it isn't available in the shops,only online (as far as I am aware)

the only problem I have with these sweets is they have nearly zero sugar so to store them properly they need to be in the freeer,also not cheap the Jell-o so I switched to gelatine 00 cpsules and just drop oil in them these days.

they last in the fridge 7 days but longer you get mold

Cheers mate, These hold up fine outside fridge or freezer once dehydrated for a day or two, unless it's a ridiculousy hot day (mine started softening a bit during the heatwave the other week but still held up.

I don't use the sugar free jello, so there's a bit in there, also find coating them in a sugar and  citric acid mix brings the sweetness up to the right level. 

Started using mould inhibitor now too, have left a solo gummy on top of the cupboard to see how long she lasts before becoming mouldy or inedible.. supposedly good for 6 months, we shall see. 

e2a: Best place for jello is the website americanfizz At £1.49 a packet.

Edited by OLaC
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, OLaC said:

Glad they came out good mate, how was the high using less weed in the infuson.?

They were ok , (had to take 40 grams worth  of gummies to get a good high)I think next time I'm definitely infusing a Oz atleast. It was mostly trim and shake I used aswell.

I made a brownie with 175g of the coconut oil and that was very potent. Only took half a portion and was pretty blazed. Bit scared to try a full slice lol

It's the first time I used my magical butter machine and very impressed.

Got about a Oz of vaped weed to do a run soon with it.

Wanna make some tinctures too for capsuals. Any experience? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jack? said:

They were ok , (had to take 40 grams worth  of gummies to get a good high)I think next time I'm definitely infusing a Oz atleast. It was mostly trim and shake I used aswell.

I made a brownie with 175g of the coconut oil and that was very potent. Only took half a portion and was pretty blazed. Bit scared to try a full slice lol

It's the first time I used my magical butter machine and very impressed.

Got about a Oz of vaped weed to do a run soon with it.

Wanna make some tinctures too for capsuals. Any experience? 

I'm using the magical butter machine too,.yeh just cram as much in there as you can when using trim, I try and get two ounces in for two cups.

I use MCT oil for capsules, half a cup fills 100 00 caps.

Haha brownie sounds like it hot the spit, definitely try a whole slice lol

• Like 2

Great gummy thread.  

I’ve found using potassium sorbet as mould inhibitor work very well.  A good rule of thumb is to get the total weight of all ingredients and figure out what 0.05% of that is.    That figure is how much potassium sorbet is needed.   

BB

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the recipe @OLaC, gummies look great! :)

Is there a reason why you use Jell-O? I've got a few packs of Hartley's powdered jelly and wondered if this is a straight substitute?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/07/2020 at 10:54 AM, seb88 said:

Thanks for the recipe @OLaC, gummies look great! :)

Is there a reason why you use Jell-O? I've got a few packs of Hartley's powdered jelly and wondered if this is a straight substitute?

Thanks mate. I've made a few adjustments now, will update this week.

I use jello because it comes in tonnes of different flavours /colours  and is only £1.49 a pack so mainly for convenience. Even if adding your own flavours or colouring it can act as a good base. I've not used Hartley's powder but their regular cubes were useless, came out way too unstable.

These are totally shelf stable outside of fridge. I've started using potassium sorbate (mold inhibitor) now so should be fine for a good 6 months.

Edited by OLaC
  • Like 1

Cheers @OLaC

I had a go with the hartleys powder but looks like I went overboard with it. Instead of gummies I've made rock (I did use 4x11g packs) lol

Will get some jello ordered :)

I also struggled getting the sunflower lecethin to mix in, i tried adding it to the water/coconut oil in the pan when it was hot but it ended up really clumpy so had to seive it. Maybe I should be blending this into the water cold before mixing with the coconut oil?

• Like 1

Nightmare lol

I use some lecithin when I initially infuse the coconut oil so wonder if that's why I have an easier job of it?

I find it has to be the first thing I do, if I try to add lecithin at later stages it goes clumpy... Also helps if you  sift it on too.

I'm gonna try guar gum next time as an emulsifier , find lecithin leaves a slight taste where as guar gum doesn't, plus helps with the gummy texture. Will let you know how i get on.

• Like 3

Cheers for this OLaC, tried it last week and they came out great (I used 2x11g harley packs and added more oil to compensate. They came out a little creamy, very stable tho. I was wondering if you do this in a pan, I made 2 batches and used a Pyrex jug in a boiling pan of water for the second. The Pyrex method gave me loads more time before it started setting in the pan, also got 99% of the mix out. I've got a good method using jelly cubes if you're interested. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2020 at 9:25 AM, OLaC said:

large.IMG_20200613_090214.jpg

I've been playing around with an easier gummy recipe and I don't think it can get any easier than this.

I love my regular gummy recipe (posted on this forum somewhere), took lots of experimenting to get the consistency to be like shop bought gummies but requires me to make a tincture that's becoming too expensive with current ethanol prices. Also I'd rather do without the corn syrup as again quite expensive.

All you need for this is:

1/4 cup of infused coconut oil (60ml)

1/3 cup of water (80ml)

2 x packs of unflavoured gelatin

1 X pack of flavoured gelatin powder (Jell-O)

1 tbsp citric acid (optional for sour flavour and added shelf life)

1 or 2 tablespoons of lecithin

(I had lecithin already in my infused oil so used one more when mixing )

large.IMG_20200613_091804.jpg

Add   1/4 cup of infused coconut oil

1/3 cup of water

1 tablespoon of lecithin

To saucepan and stir on low heat until all blended together. + It will look like a cloudy light brown broth when mixed)

Slowly add two packs of unflavoured gelatin whilst continually stirring.

Add flavoured gelatin and stir

Add citric acid and keep stirring until slowly start to boil. Allow to cool for a minute or two and pour into moulds. (Spray moulds with oil to allow for easier removal)

Allow moulds to cool in fridge, remove and place on baking sheet and leave for 24hrs to dehydrate.

I used 28g in 2 cups of coconut oil.

1g = est 20% THC

1/4 cup = 3.5g (700mg)

700mg / 30 worms 

= 23.333mg

=20mg (I like to round down).

Happy days.

@OLaC

Great recipe dude. Thanks for sharing. I tried one batch camw out a bit weird. Obvs did it wrong but I. Trying it again got more jello the day. I was wondering i used an 85g of jello but seeing there were pavks there that is 8.5g is it the 8.5 grams I should use? Or is it 85g many thanks. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

@OLaC I know this is an older post but this is the first recipe that I have found that actually works and you get stable gummies so a huge thank you, I made some slight changes to the recipe though, I think it was your other recipe where you use Kool aid powder as well to flavour them, I did this and the results were awesome.  I probably went a bit to far in terms of how strong I made them :smokin: I added 4.5g of BHO to the 60grams of coconut oil, I didn't have any moulds so I made a slab and cut it into 10 pieces, I also added Kool Aid powder to the sugar/citric acid coating and they taste great, well for an edible anyway. 

I sat there looking at them making myself hungry so thought I have got to try them to see if they taste OK, so cut off a piece of one of the 10, the size of the tip of my middle finger, eat it and then went out, decided to go to get my haircut, lets just say I probably need to change barbers now lol, there was a long wait and I came up whilst waiting, eyes rolling nodding off is not a good look at 11am on a Friday, still it beats my stupid mate who I gave one to who decided to eat it at 2300 the day before a meeting with the managing director of the company we work for lol.  He had half of a strip, fell asleep like a rock, it took his wife chucking a glass of water over him 1.5hrs after he slept through all of his alarms to get him up, in his own words he looked in the mirror and said he looked like a demon lol , he had the worse red eye he has ever had and said they were bright red, he had to go out and buy eye drops to try and get rid of it.  I love edibles :)   

edited to add - You can buy sunflower lecithin in a fluid form from the shop that sells everything, its a lot easier to work with than the powder which I have found can take a bit of work to dissolve properly

Edited by Superstealth
  • Like 2